Come make some money!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going to throw out some bets I like for tonight.

Pats -17.5- I think they win by 4 touchdowns. Pats D has been incredible this year and the Giants have ruled out Barkley, Gallman, Engram, and Shepherd. Going to be a tough night for Danny Dimes and Belli probably still holds a grudge for the Giants beating them twice in the SB.

Stros/Rays under 7- Cole was dominant in his first start of this series. Glasnow has been terrific since he came back. Stros got to him a bit in the first game, but I like the game 5 intensity to keep it a low scoring affair. Also, MLB changes the balls for the playoffs and the balls arent flying out like golf balls.

Mystics/Suns- +7 Suns - I am a bettor of all trades. This has been a tight series with teams hanging on at the end. Big spread. I bought a point and a half. See where it goes

Syracuse/NC State- +4.5 Syracuse- No respect for Syracuse here. They have been good ATS since last year. NC State has proven nothing this year.

Hockey I am still learning, but I do like some picks

TB/TOR over 6.5- These teams can light it up

Minn/WPG- Jets straight up

STL/OTT- ST. Louis -1.5

Lets see how tonight goes

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going to throw out some bets I like for tonight.

Pats -17.5- I think they win by 4 touchdowns. Pats D has been incredible this year and the Giants have ruled out Barkley, Gallman, Engram, and Shepherd. Going to be a tough night for Danny Dimes and Belli probably still holds a grudge for the Giants beating them twice in the SB.

Stros/Rays under 7- Cole was dominant in his first start of this series. Glasnow has been terrific since he came back. Stros got to him a bit in the first game, but I like the game 5 intensity to keep it a low scoring affair. Also, MLB changes the balls for the playoffs and the balls arent flying out like golf balls.

Mystics/Suns- +7 Suns - I am a bettor of all trades. This has been a tight series with teams hanging on at the end. Big spread. I bought a point and a half. See where it goes

Syracuse/NC State- +4.5 Syracuse- No respect for Syracuse here. They have been good ATS since last year. NC State has proven nothing this year.

Hockey I am still learning, but I do like some picks

TB/TOR over 6.5- These teams can light it up

Minn/WPG- Jets straight up

STL/OTT- ST. Louis -1.5

Lets see how tonight goes
Nice night tonight.

4-2 with a push

Could have made some money

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do like the Memphis -200. Temple's QB is an exposure risk, they won't last. Extreme statue but doesn't know it and tries to run, Memphis team speed will lite him up a time or two. Coverage sacks would destroy him but not familiar with Memphis coverage. Temple has an arm but team speed hurts him.

Temple D can stop the run. They are legit but its really against the run which allowed them to force MD to throw(which they cannot beyond 3rd and short), and destroy Georgia Tech. Given that Memphis can score in the air, that is my rationelle for that game to payout. 11 am game. Memphis can score and Temple will struggle if asked to.

@SilenceS

nice 1.5 point buy on Mystics, probably the right move and a brutal beat for it, of your picks I follow the Aces and stayed out of that one with Della Donne situation. Her 21 sank you but that was unexpected given 3 herniated discs and recent performance. Still...deepest team in the league. Another lesson in messing with great ones is all. I look up to you and hear to learn Sensei.

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
So what are your college football picks then?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe Memphis will stop trying to run the ball, didn't realize their offense has changed so much in 2 years. Now that they have to lets see if they can. They never should have come out trying to run the ball, 3 teams have tried that already and failed miserably. You beat Temple in the air.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tampa Bay -1.5 (-110)

When teams are this unbalanced, I do prefer the puck line @SilenceS , you get some value back on a regulation win plus empty netter. The Lightning offense is clicking, so the only thing to know here is if indeed Vascilesky is starting in net for Tampa.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Scherzer Wainwright game is best played, imo, on the Nats for the first 5 inning, -.5 at +110

If Scherzer claims a 1 run lead you win @SilenceS

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The last one I got is Washington against Arizona. Now...Arizona does have a QB.

Transitive property is not the whole story, but Hawaii has a more physical team than usual this year. Arizona was not able to control the game and lost. Washington blew them out by 30, is an indicator that Washington is stronger on the lines and both have good QB's.

I like the -220ish here as well. (Memphis lost on a controversial overturned call, and failed to overcome a horrendous start, my bad)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the record Vascilesky did not start for Tampa in net.

Bringing me to 2-1 violating @SilenceS thread. We would be better off hearing from him...

not alot of nfl I like but the Saints +2.5 @jags seems to me the gimmee. I am not a Minshew believer, but I believe in their run game. The Saints are an elite franchise with a QB advantage, Ramsey on Thomas would make a big difference in this game, and he might play, but Teddy can do it.

I'm broke but thats the game I would hit both moneyline and spread evenly.

$1000 +125
$1000 +2.5

hit this one with your balls and go grab a blunt and a 6 pack.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what are your college football picks then?

Man...

I'm out here actually in Vegas trying to go pro, and was down to my last last last $150...

so dead in the water as %'s and cost of living are not going to sustain. So it was a failed experiment...

but I hit that last 5 game parlay. Went on a tear, had a good following weekend, sniffed out an underdog 5 days in a row, slapped em up with another two 6 game parlays, pounded some easy hockey games...gave em back a couple too but still upward momentum....whenever their was a pressure point I picked right, it went my way, or a few fluked my way...Ronaldo's PK in 6th minute of stoppage time stands out for Juventus comeback win. Whatever it was, I was fortunate to stack several good breaks in a row.

came out 5,000% increase in a couple weeks to get all the bills paid and retain what is now a healthy bank roll.

Changes everything. Instead of needing 200%, or 1000% just to keep the power and cable sports on, I can step back and live month-month on a 10% increase. Legalization is spreading, and 20 years experience is momentarily something that could get me a salary at start-ups all over the country.

If you could show 10% increase monthly as a day trader or stock analyst...what would be your worth?

In the financial world that seems ludicrous, and so my "experiment" would appear to be unfair to me if anything, to consistently produce that 10% increase every 4-6 weeks for survival.

I'm experienced enough not to be that confident, and hopefully humble enough by now to be careful. I have mixed feelings about giving picks away or "selling" picks to others, just because it encourages others to get into something that might be detrimental to their mental and physical health and they may not be able to handle over the long term.

And I feel terrible when I lose for someone else. Losing for yourself isn't that bad. Well...all hot streaks end and most end badly...but I always got a punchers chance and got lucky with a few hail mary's and an onside kick there to steal some more time, another overtime. Time to grind the air out of the ball and make my chance count.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Silence has me on ignore because of Cubs delusions, crying in his empty beer still wondering how it went this bad.

We tried to interact with him here. I hope he is ok...his betting started real hot this year gotta keep it under control through both highs and lows.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
8-3 on Saturday. Hit two premier leagues and a few college footballs.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
8-3 on Saturday. Hit two premier leagues and a few college footballs.

I'm hitting Lester, Tottenheim, and Hoffenheim this weekend. Crystal Palace is considered a bogey team for Liverpool but I think that actually makes the -230 line unreasonable. It should be -500...and Liverpool probably takes vengeance there, hard to get them at those odds. Expect them to adjust tactics and take that game.

Dortmond seems like cherry picking at -500 against the worst team in Bundi, Padderhorn. Fade Padderhorn, and consider experimenting with the -1.5 or -2.5

I kinda don't expect to win ALL 4...

Lester, Tott, Hoff, Dort-2.5....

but at close to even odds I think you can expect to take 2-3 of those.

The pro's look like a week of good games and bad bets. In college I see some teasers forming around Ohio State, Oregon, Oklahoma state(outright at -6.5), virginia and notre dame

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess I would like to offer up my picks for criticism more than for following. Perhaps if we share and criticize each other it can glean some information that helps us all make money.

"The Computer Group" was a group for a reason, even though they had computers. Everyone wants to be the man but we all improve with a brain trust...at the end of the day each person needs to make the final calls and have an understanding of how to deploy different types of successful picks financially in a successful way.

(for instance...if I put up a pick and your on the other side because a QB is out...slap me)

My strength is also my weakness...the shear volume of leagues I try to follow generally and deploy strategies based on nearly 20 years betting experience. EPL, Bundishliga, Ligue 1, La Liga, Champions League, Baseball, NBA, NCAAB, NFL, NCAAF, NHL, MLB, international nations soccer)

My personal expertise is actually soccer, I burned out on some other sports and watch alot of hockey. I'm 6'6" and have a great understanding of basketball from community college running the Roy Williams Kansas and North Carolina offense, and a 3-2 zone, 2-2-1 hybrid box zone mostly, some 2-3, but I get what they are trying to do and anyone can learn by mastering one of the realistic NCAAM BBall video games.

NCAAF surprises me alot, I'd like to know which of those picks you don't like @SilenceS @zack54attack

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some CBB I like today:

Florida -4 vs. Miami
Rice -2.5 vs. Wisconsin Milwaukee
Nova -3.5 1H vs. Mississippi State
Fordham-Nevada under

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Heat at -4.5 against Chicago.

Boston winning straight up in Denver but +5.5 is a must

Mavs at -10. This is more of a Doncic being on fire pick

I do like Wyoming moneyline in college football to add to a parlay

Under GTown/Duke 154

Duke offense isnt great but their defense can be locked down. Im banking on GTown finding it much tougher to score.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some CBB I like today:

Florida -4 vs. Miami ?
Rice -2.5 vs. Wisconsin Milwaukee
Nova -3.5 1H vs. Mississippi State ?
Fordham-Nevada under

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Under GTown/Duke 154

Duke offense isnt great but their defense can be locked down. Im banking on GTown finding it much tougher to score.

under in Wyoming.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Under GTown/Duke 154

3-1-1 on those picks. Surprised GTown was able to hit 70 on Duke.

Boston didnt fare well. Kemba going off on a stretcher didnt help.

Have some picks for today later.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Early games

I like Illinois +15
Ok State -7
Penn State+20
Indiana +10
Texas A&M +12(This line has jumped. I originally got it at +15)
UCLA/USC under 67

These are all Bovada lines. I also buy points on everything I can because I parlay a lot of bets. I also hedge bets so Indiana/Michigan would be one of my hedge bets.