Coming to Chicago

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
So as some of you know, I was born in Chicago but have since moved to Cincinnati. My current girlfriend has never been to a big city so I told her I would bring her to Chicago (she wants to see the lights on Michigan Ave). Any suggestions on where I should take her? It's been so long since I've been in the actual city I'm not sure what all to do. We'll be staying about a block from the mile. She's never had Chicago pizza or a Chicago dog. So obviously we'll get those. We'll get into town on the 19th and we'll be leaving the 22nd. Any help is appreciated!

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you get a chance, just taking a nice walk down the Chicago Riverwalk is pretty cool especially at night

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If she just wants to see the sights take a boat tour. Fantastic views of the city that way. (Although I don't know if they're open this time of year) We always did the Wendella boats. The museums are fantastic. Go up the Sears or Hancock. Navy Pier. Go by Macys for the window displays and the tree.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Take her to the Palace Grill on Madison and Racine

tell her to wear roach stompers

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
http://www.christkindlmarket.com/

This place is fun weather permitting. It's not on Mich. Ave. it's in the loop in Daley Plaza at 50 West Washington Street. If your coming from the mag mile, cab it for $15-20, or walk during the day, half hour on foot.

Great authentic German Beer and food, big crowds, the Picasso, big Christmas tree. Most of the booths are ornaments and crafts from Germany, but more than enough food beer and Glühwein.

At night, especially on the weekend it gets pretty crowded and can be hard to find a table inside the heated indoor area. Lunch is less crowded, if you guys are not on a schedule go by at 3:00, no lines easy table. I'm going on Saturday, it's going to be packed, and I'm okay with that.

christkindlmarket-chicago-beer-and-gluehwein_580.jpg

display.jpg

DSCN1605-e1386359549168-940x564.jpg

P1080252.jpg

20121128-231724-deep-fried-chicago-christlmarket-chicago-potato-pancakes.jpg

20121128-231724-deep-fried-chicago-christlmarket-chicago-wiener-schnitzel-sandwich.jpg

christkindlmarket2012currywurst.jpg

D163AA80C004879D8217D5DE260D024C.jpg

02-Food.jpg

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
http://www.christkindlmarket.com/

This place is fun weather permitting. It's not on Mich. Ave. it's in the loop in Daley Plaza at 50 West Washington Street. If your coming from the mag mile, cab it for $15-20, or walk during the day, half hour on foot.

Great authentic German Beer and food, big crowds, the Picasso, big Christmas tree. Most of the booths are ornaments and crafts from Germany, but more than enough food beer and Glühwein.

At night, especially on the weekend it gets pretty crowded and can be hard to find a table inside the heated indoor area. Lunch is less crowded, if you guys are not on a schedule go by at 3:00, no lines easy table. I'm going on Saturday, it's going to be packed, and I'm okay with that.

Great fest. So much fun. Go!

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
For pizza, go to Pequod's in Lincoln Park.

Also I went to the Chicago History Museum for the first time recently. And I thought was fun. Not sure if you like museums or not.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So as some of you know, I was born in Chicago but have since moved to Cincinnati. My current girlfriend has never been to a big city so I told her I would bring her to Chicago (she wants to see the lights on Michigan Ave). Any suggestions on where I should take her? It's been so long since I've been in the actual city I'm not sure what all to do. We'll be staying about a block from the mile. She's never had Chicago pizza or a Chicago dog. So obviously we'll get those. We'll get into town on the 19th and we'll be leaving the 22nd. Any help is appreciated!

Is your gf an Eagles fan and did you guys have "Bengal Babies"?

Does that commercial annoy the fuck outta anyone else?

Besides food.... Museum of Science and Industry is a fun time.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Is your gf an Eagles fan and did you guys have "Bengal Babies"?

Does that commercial annoy the fuck outta anyone else?

Besides food.... Museum of Science and Industry is a fun time.
That commercial is awful.

Agree on the MS&I. The model train layout there is amazinggggggg!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That commercial is awful.

Agree on the MS&I. The model train layout there is amazinggggggg!

Right? Lol it doesn't make any damned sense.... how would 2 people be fans of 2 teams and their babies come out Bengal fans.... wtf is going on in Cincy lol

Reactions: WCL

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm originally from Chicago... so when I come back, I know to have the vest

You're less likely to be murdered in Chicago than in Cincinnati, so I think you'll be fine.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're less likely to be murdered in Chicago than in Cincinnati, so I think you'll be fine.

Unless you are a pigeon.... :shifty:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Macy's window, Museum of Science and Industry (You'll need to take a cab, but worth it)