Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Started drinking early, didn't you?
it's a funeral.. a little birdy died this morning...
SeparateAngelicBurro-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Have you been watching the games?

Which way do you think the pendulum is swinging with 30 year old stars?
I watch every game. I saw a real good defense get stressed to the limit because the offense could not score points or control the clock.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Nothing that happens today will ruin this draft. Pace got a potential franchise QB and a starting RT. Pace could draft all kickers and long snappers today and be fine.
Pace could draft all kickers and long snappers today and be fine.

wanted to add.. we all know Pace wont do this, unless you're really implying Pace is a dolt.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Patriots have had some of the worst drafts the last 3 years... So you lost me there
Look closely at their free agency and its obvious what they are doing.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
The Bears get a bit of a cap reset next year. They do need more picks to fill out the roster and allow for the Hicks, Graham, Foles money to be moved to where it is needed and not just spent to replace them.
True but at this point we need a QB and oline. We can trade back in the second next year and get more picks.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
True but at this point we need a QB and oline. We can trade back in the second next year and get more picks.
I agree. No issue with our trade ups this year. But now it is about adding picks and replenishing what we gave up.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Yes and No. As others pointed out if we got two bonafide studs in FIELDS and JENKINS than it doesn't matter but I am a little annoyed that Pace doesn't seem to mind trading any draft pick for anyone.
Ok
NOTHING will help the cap more than a good QB on the rookie salary scale.

How about a GM that doesnt overspend when competing with himself and handing out multi year contracts or way over priced one year deals.

would that help?

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Yes and No. As others pointed out if we got two bonafide studs in FIELDS and JENKINS than it doesn't matter but I am a little annoyed that Pace doesn't seem to mind trading any draft pick for anyone.
how do you know they're bonafide studs when they've never played a down? If either of these kids bust you have sunk a crapload of draft capital into them which is now flushed down the toilet. The weak link on the Oline was LT, not RT.

Bill Belichick has kept his team refreshed with young talent and let expensive players go and has won 10 games for over 10 years in a row until last year. He didn't do it by trading up and getting 3 players a draft, he does the exact opposite. If you understand that statistically half your draft could potentially bust, by having more chances your raise the percentage of non busts...when you have less picks, you decrease your amount of possible good players

Towards the end of last year the line looked much better once Mustipher started playing with the exception of Leno, who we still haven't replaced. So yes we may POTENTIALLY have a great new RT, but our RT at the end of last year was acceptable, LT was not.

I'll say it again, this guy is a pyramid scheme GM, Pyramid Pace

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I said this yesterday. I think you could easily justify trading up to grab your quarterback in the 1st round, but trading up again to draft an OL was a much bigger risk. You want 3 starters every draft, and unless they find another steal in the 5th or 6th round this year, they will come out of today with only 1 immediate impact player on day 1 (Jenkins). That is, shall we say, sub-optimal.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
how do you know they're bonafide studs when they've never played a down? If either of these kids bust you have sunk a crapload of draft capital into them which is now flushed down the toilet. The weak link on the Oline was LT, not RT.

Bill Belichick has kept his team refreshed with young talent and let expensive players go and has won 10 games for over 10 years in a row until last year. He didn't do it by trading up and getting 3 players a draft, he does the exact opposite. If you understand that statistically half your draft could potentially bust, by having more chances your raise the percentage of non busts...when you have less picks, you decrease your amount of possible good players

Towards the end of last year the line looked much better once Mustipher started playing with the exception of Leno, who we still haven't replaced. So yes we may POTENTIALLY have a great new RT, but our RT at the end of last year was acceptable, LT was not.

Pyramid scheme GM - that's perfect. Lol.

Ponzi Pace

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
Finally back up. Wouldn't mind Shi Smith from South Carolina or Shaun Wade from Ohio St.

ddevonb

Liked Posts:
I love both picks, especially Fields. No reason to not celebrate. However I am getting concerned about the lack of draft picks. You need young, cheap talent to fill out a roster and to avoid cap hell which the Bears are currently in without a stellar roster. What do you think of Pace’s aggressive trade up strategy and general lack of draft picks compared to other teams?
They have 6 picks today so that's 8 picks in 7 rounds. I have no concern because they can still find value with those picks then will bring in a bunch of undrafted free agents. There are often undrafted players that end up being better than later round draft picks and they can be signed at very low cost. The Bears already had a lot of depth of good players so the opportunity to get 2 potentially great players is well worth the price.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

That's why I put IF, if they become studs and bill's drafts have been awful lately.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nothing that happens today will ruin this draft. Pace got a potential franchise QB and a starting RT. Pace could draft all kickers and long snappers today and be fine.
Ehhh

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
I'm not panicking over it but at least one year I would like it where it feels like every time you look up on the screen the Bears are making a pick.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well...at least the Bears got some good players.

Thats a gamer RB and CB.

And it helps that the player they would have drafted at #20...is got in the second round, plus they add a premium player.

Got to give it an A-...because I hate 2 of the picks given the board.

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Holy smokes we finally draft a hopeful franchise QB we get some major offensive line help hopefully and we pick up some other Talent and now suddenly the defense is going to take a s*** they were tired as hell last year and they didn't have goldman

Losing Fuller will hurt but as long and the rest of the defense can stay healthy and maybe pick up a few pieces in free agency

I don't see why this defense can't be good for another few years along with adding pieces now that they have a lot of what they need on offense for now until they see how it translates

but I would much rather have this future than just Andy Dalton and the greatest defense in the world with no offensive line what the heck is everyone whining about and I'm a huge defense of guy myself it'd be nice to have some awesome offense protecting the defense instead of the defense always having to bust their ass and even though they have they still failed Us in the playoffs we need this offense to work

Last edited: