Conference Calls

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Been doing webcalls for a long time. If I had to dig and look for some kind of hard to forgive annoyance.....

And the amount of businesses that issue out the most cost effective laptops for their work-from-home employees, which always include some form of VGA webcam that only software enhances on spec to a higher resolution. Combine that with the worst piezo-based design microphone..... So then when you try to use noise canceling software, the accuracy is shit.

If you find yourself on cam a lot, think about upgrading certain things, dummy proof your setup. Come on now, be honest, you know you're not spending as much money on business apparel of late, buy a better headset or microphone, be done with it. It's worth while because once you hit a certain minimum standard, that is acceptable for 10-20 years, depending on the input used and quality of the construction. Come again, what did you say? Did you say do or don't? LMAO... sometimes those things don't come through as clean as you think, especially if someone has bad speakers or headphones that are possible bass designed but shit for a large range of compressed voices.

TL;DR
Don't lie, you're barefoot and in pajama bottoms saving more than enough in your clothing maintenance and upkeep to buy a better mic/cam to make the whole thing easier.
Huh?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Noticed yesterday that every conference call seems to begin with everyone talking about what kind of weather they are having.

Did you guys know it's hot in Phoenix right now?!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Noticed yesterday that every conference call seems to begin with everyone talking about what kind of weather they are having.

Did you guys know it's hot in Phoenix right now?!

Meh, just a way to break the ice while waiting for people to join.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
What absolutely sucks ass in accounting is that everything is a meeting while working from home. Have a question? Setup a meeting. Need backup? Setup a meeting. Have to show someone how to run a report? Setup a meeting. My whole day is a bunch of meetings where half the time one person is dominating the discussion but the topic is just barely relevant enough to my job that I have to pay attention and can't get work done on the side.

We mainly use webex. Calls drop all the time. People forget they are on mute. There is a delay which causes multiple people to talk at once followed directly by no one talking followed directly by everyone talking again. Eventually, one person starts screaming so they are the one heard. No one knows how to start or end the conversation. Since everything is a meeting, prior meetings run late and the meeting organizer is always late while everyone else sits on the call and talks about how many fucking walks they are going to take today because of the great weather.

Atleast sometimes I get to take a shit while on mute after I had my coffee. So I can't complain too much. Nothing worse than the dreaded 8:00 meeting in the office when you have not had a chance to shit yet and you have to hold in gigantic farts that push against your external sphincter every 20 seconds.

Oh, and nothing worse than when you are just getting shit done and someone schedules a meeting that starts 5 minutes later. I am not your slave asshole. I have things to do. Unless you are my direct manager and or it's urgent like a posting before the books close, then you can wait and give me ample time to prepare for the meeting.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The external sphincter section gave me keen insight into omelet's disposition.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
What absolutely sucks ass in accounting is that everything is a meeting while working from home. Have a question? Setup a meeting. Need backup? Setup a meeting. Have to show someone how to run a report? Setup a meeting. My whole day is a bunch of meetings where half the time one person is dominating the discussion but the topic is just barely relevant enough to my job that I have to pay attention and can't get work done on the side.

We mainly use webex. Calls drop all the time. People forget they are on mute. There is a delay which causes multiple people to talk at once followed directly by no one talking followed directly by everyone talking again. Eventually, one person starts screaming so they are the one heard. No one knows how to start or end the conversation. Since everything is a meeting, prior meetings run late and the meeting organizer is always late while everyone else sits on the call and talks about how many fucking walks they are going to take today because of the great weather.

Atleast sometimes I get to take a shit while on mute after I had my coffee. So I can't complain too much. Nothing worse than the dreaded 8:00 meeting in the office when you have not had a chance to shit yet and you have to hold in gigantic farts that push against your external sphincter every 20 seconds.

Oh, and nothing worse than when you are just getting shit done and someone schedules a meeting that starts 5 minutes later. I am not your slave asshole. I have things to do. Unless you are my direct manager and or it's urgent like a posting before the books close, then you can wait and give me ample time to prepare for the meeting.

That is two "nothing worse" things. So which is it, liar?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets

Some of us are retired and have left this bullshit in the past LOLOLOLOLO

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why are they so difficult for so many people?

Things people do during conference calls:

1. Double mute their phone and the app (WebEx, Skype, Zoom, etc)
2. Forget to unmute and start talking.
3. Unmute self and say "Sorry, was trying to umute."
4. Stay off mute because of 1-3 subjecting everyone to an obnoxious amount of noise.
5. Talk at the same time multiple times.
6. Awkward silence when both people trying to talk decide to not talk.
7. Talk off into a tangent over everyone on the call ignoring the waste of time... "Bob this is a call about the budget, not your team's HR issues."
8. Let people talk on a bad connection instead of alerting them.
9. Repeat 1-4
10. Call organizer opens call and remains silent while the call goes off the rails and accomplishes nothing.
11. Call organizer doesn't know how to end the call gracefully.
12. False start end of call by wrapping up and then deciding to continue on another subject.

This behavior transcends age, race, gender, intelligence, and competence.

Especially the mute/unmute thing.... I've heard "Sorry I was on mute" so many f***ing times.
The amount of technical bridges I've been on where some dude is INSISTENT on stuffing his microphone down his throat and then mouth breathing into it is too often to count.

Oh, and vaping. I've heard people hit a phat drag on the call a handful of times.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The amount of technical bridges I've been on where some dude is INSISTENT on stuffing his microphone down his throat and then mouth breathing into it is too often to count.

Oh, and vaping. I've heard people hit a phat drag on the call a handful of times.

100% those bridges always have a fucking mouth breather.