Congrats to Crawford on his 2nd Jennings

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thought this was thread-worthy. Crawford had a great season--6th in SV% and kept us in a significant amount of games this year we had no business competing in.

Hoping Dr. Craw can keep it up in the playoffs and help us bring home the Holy Grail.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Great, now he'll be around even longer, thanks obama.

Good deal for Crow happy for him.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A mil per year goalie could get the same SV % as Crawford playing behind the Hawks D men. A big thanks from Crow goes out to them, especially to Rosi !

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
he's a UFA after this season

Sign him now for vet minimum and let the defense win us the cup next year. I mean, I'm sure he'd want to come back here for vet minimum, there isn't a team in the league that players want to play more for.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Crawford sucks. Qs fault for playing him.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
And with the horrible shitty defence the Hawks have in Oduya, Keith, Roszy, Runblad. Seabrook scoring on his own net. ..they still manage the Jennings. Incredible

Thankfully they have the untouchable Hjarll that does no wrong back there or they'd be in trouble

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most Hawks fans don't give a shit. They still think that Crawford should be benched for Darling/Raanta and that we never should have gotten rid of Emery.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most Hawks fans don't give a shit. They still think that Crawford should be benched for Darling/Raanta and that we never should have gotten rid of Emery.

Agree on Emory, I still hear people bitch about him being gone. Bring back Turco.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Damn, see that i got beat to the Khabi punch.. Which is a shame because it has vodka in it.

Reactions: TCD

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Gotta love NBC's website editing. Note the feelgood links sprinkled amongst the story...
http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/madhouse-enforcer/Corey-Crawford-Nabs-William-Jennings-Trophy-Saturday--299496571.html

The NHL season just ended Saturday night, but the Chicago Blackhawks have already collected some hardware as goaltender Corey Crawford won the William Jennings Trophy for the second time in his career.

The award, which goes to the goaltender whose team allows the fewest goals during the regular season, will be shared by Crawford and Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price. Both teams allowed 189 goals during the regular season, marking the first time since the 2002-03 season that goaltenders from different squads have shared the award.

• 19 Hurt When Megabus From Chicago Crashes in Ind.

In order to be eligible for the Jennings, a goaltender has to play in at least 25 games for their team, and Price and Crawford were the only players to qualify for the award from their respective teams.

Price is considered a serious contender for the Hart Trophy (given to the NHL’s MVP) this season, going 44-16-6 with a 1.96 GAA and a .933 save percentage. He also picked up nine shutouts for the Canadiens this season, helping lead them to the Atlantic Division title. The Canadiens will play the red-hot Ottawa Senators in the first round of the postseason, which begins Wednesday.

• Man Fatally Beat Boy, 1, After Diaper Changing Incident: Police

As for Crawford, he missed some time this season with a lower-body injury, but he still put together one of the best seasons of his career. He had a 32-20-5 record with a 2.27 GAA and a .924 save percentage for the Blackhawks. The award is the second of his career, as he also won during the lockout-shortened 2013 season, sharing the trophy with Ray Emery.

:farley:

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crawford "can't get no"

article

A little more than a week ago, ESPN analyst Barry Melrose called Corey Crawford the Blackhawks’ “Achilles’ heel.” That night, Crawford shut out the Minnesota Wild. Yahoo on Thursday said it wasn’t “sold” on Crawford, but that he’s “just good enough to win.” Two hours later, that same site wrote about what a stabilizing force Frederik Andersen has been for Anaheim.
Radio and TV pundits across North America routinely question Crawford’s ability. Opposing fans deride him as a Chris Osgood type, a system goalie, the lucky beneficiary of a great team in front of him (Osgood, by the way, has his name on the Stanley Cup three times).

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Crawford "can't get no"

article

A little more than a week ago, ESPN analyst Barry Melrose called Corey Crawford the Blackhawks’ “Achilles’ heel.” That night, Crawford shut out the Minnesota Wild. Yahoo on Thursday said it wasn’t “sold” on Crawford, but that he’s “just good enough to win.” Two hours later, that same site wrote about what a stabilizing force Frederik Andersen has been for Anaheim.
Radio and TV pundits across North America routinely question Crawford’s ability. Opposing fans deride him as a Chris Osgood type, a system goalie, the lucky beneficiary of a great team in front of him (Osgood, by the way, has his name on the Stanley Cup three times).

I'm to the point where I don't give a fuck what any media outlets calls Corey Crawford, because he's earned the only label that really matters: Stanley Cup Champion.

So he's not Ken Dryden. Big fucking deal. He got a good contract after winning a title and his numbers have remained largely constant while playing behind a defense that acted like it was allergic to the puck at times this season.

I've got no complaints about Crawford.