Consequences of keeping Nagy and Pace

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
for as much of an idiot mccaskey is, during these long ass meetings I have to believe he's put in mandates as one of the reasons for keeping them...
- no mortgaging future capital without getting ownership approval
- get rid of trubisky and find a capable qb in FA
- fix cap situation
- hire a new DC
- give up playcalling
This list isn't realistic. How are they going to get a qb in free agency and address the cap situation? Whats the point of ownership approval on trades? They are clueless.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He has a no-trade clause in there which means he would get to pick where he wanted to go. Assume Bears wouldn't be on that list for him.
Good point, he still holds a grudge against management.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
One last hurrah! Glass half full perspective:
  1. Goldman back next year (presumably) makes the defense quite a bit better. Hicks/Nichols on either side of him is beastly. Hopefully Quinn isn't complete shit next year.
  2. Allen Robinson will almost certainly be franchised now. Him, Mooney, an emerging Kmet and workhorse Montgomery is a solid set of offensive weapons.
  3. Mustipher/Whitehair/Daniels in the interior line is something we can work with.
  4. Use the draft to fill some holes, notably at least one of the offensive tackles.
Who knows what happens at QB. The glass half full perspective is that we can't do a whole lot worse than Trubisky (hopefully, please).

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
One last hurrah! Glass half full perspective:
  1. Goldman back next year (presumably) makes the defense quite a bit better. Hicks/Nichols on either side of him is beastly. Hopefully Quinn isn't complete shit next year.
  2. Allen Robinson will almost certainly be franchised now. Him, Mooney, an emerging Kmet and workhorse Montgomery is a solid set of offensive weapons.
  3. Mustipher/Whitehair/Daniels in the interior line is something we can work with.
  4. Use the draft to fill some holes, notably at least one of the offensive tackles.
Who knows what happens at QB. The glass half full perspective is that we can't do a whole lot worse than Trubisky (hopefully, please).
Honestly if they can fill other holes Fitzpatrick would be a good bridge option to give them a chance to select another qb. I hate the idea of coming up with scenarios where they survive next year.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Honestly if they can fill other holes Fitzpatrick would be a good bridge option to give them a chance to select another qb. I hate the idea of coming up with scenarios where they survive next year.
If the cards fall right and they've got a serviceable QB like Fitzmagic then yea, they could win 10 games and lose in the wild card game again next year. That's probably the best hope for this current team.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
If the cards fall right and they've got a serviceable QB like Fitzmagic then yea, they could win 10 games and lose in the wild card game again next year. That's probably the best hope for this current team.
Hopefully that doesn't happen lol

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Hopefully that doesn't happen lol
"Best hope" as far as win total. Most people's "best hope" is that they fall flat on their faces so hard that they're forced to sell the team to someone who wants to see the team win.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Nagy needs a fucking unicorn like Mahomes to run his “system”, which is Andy Reid’s system because he has no clue how to make anything else work, so chances of finding that with the Bears limited resources are pretty much zero.
So, is there any point in being optimistic about next season? I’m thinking not....

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Nagy needs a fucking unicorn like Mahomes to run his “system”, which is Andy Reid’s system because he has no clue how to make anything else work, so chances of finding that with the Bears limited resources are pretty much zero.
So, is there any point in being optimistic about next season? I’m thinking not....
I think we can give up on the idea that Nagy system is andy reids system because Reid doesn't constantly have wrs running routes together and also has consistently molded his system to succeed around the pieces he has.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think it is 10x more likely that they draft a QB.

The best way to save their jobs is not to win 10 games, it is to get a QB that looks like the real deal and sell true hope for the future.

No one wants to disrupt the development of a top pick QB.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I think it is 10x more likely that they draft a QB.

The best way to save their jobs is not to win 10 games, it is to get a QB that looks like the real deal and sell true hope for the future.

No one wants to disrupt the development of a top pick QB.
That's why they should just trade for Watson if available. I mean, if you are Pace, you get to redo a test you failed.

Watson wants out of Houston. No question about it. Andre Johnson even basically confirmed it yesterday. I bet he would be more than excited to come to Chicago which is one of the biggest media markets in the US. The Bears just have to outbid the likes of the Dolphins and Rams.

Beardown11

Liked Posts:
The problem is there is no clear cut #1 QB coming out in the 2022 draft (that would be so the Bears, get a high draft and there is no QB to draft). As of right now, it looks like the Bears will picking very high, as high as the first pick in the draft. Maybe Spencer Rattler.
If nothing else, I love his fucking name.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
This list isn't realistic. How are they going to get a qb in free agency and address the cap situation? Whats the point of ownership approval on trades? They are clueless.

obviously i'm not ownership, this is my list of things as an example that need to be addressed who knows what mccaskey wants

how to address cap situation? lot will depend on what happens to the cap but if they reduce to 175 mill then trade away high cap hit players - eg - mack, hicks, fuller, massie, graham etc... If they keep it around 185-190 they can likely keep most of the guys.
point of ownership approval is self explanatory, if your the owner would you let pace trade 3 future 1st's for some qb when he only has 1 yr left?
free agent qb - there is long list of qb's, obviously the bears have little to no chance at dak or watson...free agents like fitzpatrick, dobbs, brissett, beathard can all be options as a bridge to a future qb if they draft one.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
You know, Pagano "retired", right? And while he was more likely coerced into an ultimatum of doing it or otherwise getting fired, the official narrative is that he is retired.

The defense should be pissed off. But at their piss poor play. Every single defensive player outside Roquam Smith vastly declined. They should want a new start. Something had to change. They had little pride as teams methodically went for 8 min TD drives on them. Their Redzone D was good in the 1st half of the season, which covered many of their flaws. But the issues were there even last season.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You know, Pagano "retired", right? And while he was more likely coerced into an ultimatum of doing it or otherwise getting fired, the official narrative is that he is retired.

The defense should be pissed off. But at their piss poor play. Every single defensive player outside Roquam Smith vastly declined. They should want a new start. Something had to change. They had little pride as teams methodically went for 8 min TD drives on them. Their Redzone D was good in the 1st half of the season, which covered many of their flaws. But the issues were there even last season.

I'm saying the defense is likely pissed as a result of their perception of themselves, not necessarily of objective reality. The comments defensive players made heading into the playoffs made it clear that they don't believe they're doing anything wrong. They feel disrespected and don't feel they should be criticized.

People like that are probably pissed that their coach got force-retired (the players know Pagano got fired, dude) while the coaches on the other side of the ball are coming back.

Will the defense play any better or worse if they're pissed off? Who knows---It was just a potential result of the current shit-show.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We all know this is a terrible idea to run this back. How long do you think it will take George and Teddy to realize it? It's really fucking alarming that they are this football stupid. We're never going to be good until smart motherfuckers make the decisions.

Go Browns!