Conspiracy: nagy is getting hazed by john fox

Bust

Liked Posts:
Bears need a hard nosed old school coach like Rex Ryan

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
The 2017 Bears had a much more watchable offense with rookie Trubisky throwing to Kendall Wright (I wanted them to bring him back as their slot WR) Tanner Gentry, Josh Bellamy, Markus Wheaton, and then traded for Dontrelle Inman. And I don't remember the defense being as talented as the last few seasons either. And they came off of a talented 3-13 season prior to that.

Coach to the players strengths.

And the Bears only had one bad loss (eventual Super Bowl champs) that season when Trubisky started.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nagy refused to join Illuminati and know they are out to ruin his reputation you would know this if you asked yourself why.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
The 2017 Bears had a much more watchable offense with rookie Trubisky throwing to Kendall Wright (I wanted them to bring him back as their slot WR) Tanner Gentry, Josh Bellamy, Markus Wheaton, and then traded for Dontrelle Inman. And I don't remember the defense being as talented as the last few seasons either. And they came off of a talented 3-13 season prior to that.

Coach to the players strengths.

And the Bears only had one bad loss (eventual Super Bowl champs) that season when Trubisky started.

That Bengals win was my favorite game in a long time. What did we have like 300 yards rushing? It was awesome.

Fox was gone mentally and just treading water for the next guy up so I shed no tears, but Pace, how do you miss so BAD on this HC hire?

Soterod

Liked Posts:
That Bengals win was my favorite game in a long time. What did we have like 300 yards rushing? It was awesome.

Fox was gone mentally and just treading water for the next guy up so I shed no tears, but Pace, how do you miss so BAD on this HC hire?
I have no answer for that question!?!? I often think about it . I have feeling the McCasky’s give another shot at the next head coach damn I hope I am dead wrong!!!

mecha

Liked Posts:

it's in my estimation that Nagy just got billed as "the guy" coming from Reid's tree and probably being a little inflated by Mahomes in the infancy of his eventual greatness. all the evidence proved to the contrary even in contemporary times, so I don't really know why they went gung ho on Nagy. there honestly wasn't really much of anything wrong with how Fox and his people were doing it, they just happened to have to weather the nasty part of the rebuild by fielding teams with literally no viable talent. even in 2016 when they had like the franchise worst record ever, those teams at least fought. Hoyer and Barkley tried.

when you get dorks like Nagy they try to do too much cute and outside the box shit that backfires. repeatedly. we all see it. how the guys that get paid a lot of money to be good at what they do don't, I don't know.

I'll continue to not lose sleep over it. change will come at the end of the season. it has to now.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Is this an @Vash thread?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
it's in my estimation that Nagy just got billed as "the guy" coming from Reid's tree and probably being a little inflated by Mahomes in the infancy of his eventual greatness. all the evidence proved to the contrary even in contemporary times, so I don't really know why they went gung ho on Nagy. there honestly wasn't really much of anything wrong with how Fox and his people were doing it, they just happened to have to weather the nasty part of the rebuild by fielding teams with literally no viable talent. even in 2016 when they had like the franchise worst record ever, those teams at least fought. Hoyer and Barkley tried.

when you get dorks like Nagy they try to do too much cute and outside the box shit that backfires. repeatedly. we all see it. how the guys that get paid a lot of money to be good at what they do don't, I don't know.

I'll continue to not lose sleep over it. change will come at the end of the season. it has to now.

Yes, Fox's system was competent and had the D set up and the running game set up for success, but he needed to go. He was checked out in every way. I was never high on Nagy since I wasn't sure if the personnel matched a Reid like offense when it was set up for a power running heavy D team. But I was willing to give him a chance.

(I never am high or low on draft picks or hires mostly because I just don't know enough to feel too strongly. I never use it to self-congratulate like some do here).

After the MIA game, @RorySparrow and I had a long discourse on if this team is mismatched for what Nagy wants to do, and if it would take longer for Nagy to find success than it would a Fox-like HC with the team as it was built in 18.

Neither of us knew how bad Nagy was yet, but we definitely could see how green he was and that 18 may be a playoff year but we weren't contenders.

I think Pace/Nagy thought otherwise. I think they thought the 18 Bears were simply a kicker away from being complete.