1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hope the Cubs don't fuck this up
Ill say this and only cause I have been a Baez fan boy since drafted. I can see Theo being a hard dick for a couple of reasons. He was never Theo's. He was old regime. Theo wanted to trade him but Maddon was a big component of him. I only worry that sometimes people in charge have thoughts and dont change them.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Hope the Cubs don't fuck this up

I believe they have fucked this up already over the past two seasons and could have gotten him locked in to a rizzo type deal, not 70 million, but probably 100 over 6 or 7, which would have put him age wise past his prime years and staying away from a350- 400 million dollar deal which might be the norm by then.

Its almost like teams are expecting some service time waiver over this, like losing this season might not make them free agents for another year.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
really doubt Baez was ever signing a Rizzo type deal. Rizzo's deal was so good because A) the pads had gave up on him and B) Rizzo was a cancer survivor and C) Rizzo was a 6th round pick. If you're the player in that situation, you haven't made big money because you weren't a top draft pick. You also have to worry about cancer returning. And obviously he hadn't fully broke out.

The difference with Baez is he was a first round pick and he was healthy. He did have questions about production up until his break out but there's no real reason he had take a deal rather than gamble on his talent.