Convince me that Trubisky's late season success isn't ultimately BAD for the Bears

Southside

Liked Posts:
Coming into the Packers game there has been a lot of new found optimism for the Bears and Mitch, and I'm currently watching the Bears attempt to make a comeback against GB after trailing 21-3. This game however, is a microcosm of the season. What I mean by that is that we came out flat to start the season then proceed to fall into a hole for the first half of the year. Then we start winning towards the end in games at ultimately wont mean much. Similarly today we do absolutely nothing against GB, but all of the sudden we can score now that the game is damn near over. The Bears are like crack heads who show up to the spot after the raid, the party is over.

The better Mitch plays, the MORE Pace will fall in love with him. It also will cause Pace to ignore the fact that Mitch's poor play when it mattered IS THE REASON we are even in a must-win situation every game now. The Buffalo Bills are going to the playoffs with an absolutely nobody at QB (Josh Allen). The Seahawks are going to the playoffs with a bottom 10 defense. We are supposed to be better or at least as good as those two teams. But we are probably about to end the year at best 8-8. Why should I be happy that he's playing better when that increases the odds that excuses with be made for him going forward?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Regardless, Mitch is going to get competition next year. This has been a bad year on many levels. Weak WR, bad OL, and zero TEs, doesn’t help Mitch or any other guy you want to put back there. I think a young QB that might be growing up and is showing promise is something most fans would embrac.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Bringing in someone else's trash isn't gonna work, see Cutler and Glennon. Bringing in a new rookie QB right away, I still say they need to start drafting them to have some in the pipe line, is gonna set the franchise back years.

The ONLY way the Bears turn it around next year is if Mitch continues to grow like he has the last month and improve. It's really the only option they got.

Reactions: Myk

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
You want me to explain why the QB we are all in on getting better is good for us?

I think people are overthinking this. We're not taking a QB in the draft or a starter in FA, so Mitch improving is just good.

If he sucks in 2020 so be it.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
You want to start a 2nd rounder or later? You want to get Glennon to start? Exactly how stupid are you?
Drafting Smith and then the Mack trade sealed the deal. Trubisky is here for at least his contract and he wouldn't have an oline until after his contract. Deal with it.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
13 points. This team can only score in the teens against good teams. Been going on for 2 years now.

Bum slayer

I mean did you watch the first half playcalling? They trotted cohen out there against what would be the worst run defense in the league if the bears didnt lower their averages significantly every time they played them.

There is an entire season of watching teams run it down green bays throat. There's two games where we clearly show no dedication to running the ball against a team that struggles stopping the run.

1 special designed run. A full house package where mitch gashed the GB defense for 9 yards.

Other than that we saw the RPO. Watching that shit makes me so fucking sick. It literally is outdated overcalled and completely useless without a QB who runs 4.4 speed.

When the bears beat the pack it was with a heavy dose of Howard. The bears will be lucky to beat them next year. Nagy will never be the coach that adjusts he will always go to what he does.

coolio

Liked Posts:
Trubisky was going to be here next year no matter what. Pace should be fired because he can't do much this off season and the position he put us in. I don't care if he has 2 years left on his deal, giving out draft picks like candy to draft random names from a hat.

Ryan Pace lost on 2 gambles, the Pace and Mack trade - Time to pay for it with his job.

He's also one matt stafford injury away from yet another 4th place north finish.