Coordinator Pressers Today (2/10)

Brownie

Liked Posts:
FYI: The HITS thing came up again in the Williams presser because someone asked him about how they intend to hold players accountable (my guess was they had last years missed tackles, loafing, brain-farts, and stupid penalties in mind)..

The way AW explained HITS was not just as some cheesy system, but an actual reporting measure to calculate all that shit and show the player what they are or are not doing and work together to "correct" the issue.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
FYI: The HITS thing came up again in the Williams presser because someone asked him about how they intend to hold players accountable (my guess was they had last years missed tackles, loafing, brain-farts, and stupid penalties in mind)..

The way AW explained HITS was not just as some cheesy system, but an actual reporting measure to calculate all that shit and show the player what they are or are not doing and work together to "correct" the issue.

Who would have thought? ?

Liked Posts:
After several seasons of Nagy’s stubbornness with his inept scheming and system, it’s nice to hear coaches talk about the importance of players over scheme.

Also excited about the talk of flexibility and a willingness to adapt to player’s strengths and weaknesses. Seems like a coaching staff full of humility and a good work ethic.

Just got my fingers crossed they have the ability to evaluate the players effectively and execute accordingly. If not then it’s just all talk.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Williams is not married to a 40 front or zone defense. Says they will play to players strengths.

what if bo jack prefers zone, jj prefers man and the nickel wants zone?

uh oh

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I mean did Nagy say a similar thing when Helfrich was brought on board? Helfrich was going to bring crazy college aspects to the offense?

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Coach speak is just that, results will show once the product is on the field. However, I definitely appreciate the humility and adaptability that they are bringing in the approach. It's a breath of fresh air after Matt "I wasn't brought here to run the I-formation" Nagy and his un-adaptable approach he took to run an offensive scheme that just simply was a poor fit all around. It gives some good vibes, but the long search for success has left me very pessimistic and jaded so it's hard to get truly excited about it at this point.