Costco or Sam's Club

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a BJs membership and it's ok, I just think the quality on a lot of stuff is better at Costco and prices are overall better (unless you want to fuck around with coupons like they make you with BJs). I would also agree that BJs has an overall nicer overall environment, and is organized better. At least when comparing my 2 local stores.
I've seen people talk, on this MB, about good quality at Costco and I've always thought the complete opposite. Not a fan of the Kirkland brand. Also like to often get pasture raised eggs and grass-fed meat which is consistently available at BJ's and I've never seen pasture raised eggs available in Costco and the meat selection also nothing to boast about. Don't like that open warehouse feel either, in which the aisles aren't even labeled and the store just feels dirty. BJ's just looks like a bigger grocery store, much cleaner and organized. They also have good deals on electronics. I've gotten smart TVs, laptops and other accesories there for my kids after comparing prices to other close by stores like Best Buy and BJ's always consistently had the better deals. They have plenty of self checkout registers, too, which I prefer. I can get in and out of BJ's in 5 or 10 minutes whereas with Costco, you're never not going to face long lines.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a BJs membership and it's ok, I just think the quality on a lot of stuff is better at Costco and prices are overall better (unless you want to fuck around with coupons like they make you with BJs). I would also agree that BJs has an overall nicer overall environment, and is organized better. At least when comparing my 2 local stores.
Nicer overall environment..... Oh Gawd, you and HHM must go there together hold hands and suck lollipops. Who wants to go into stores with all this shit going on?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nicer overall environment..... Oh Gawd, you and HHM must go there together hold hands and suck lollipops. Who wants to go into stores with all this shit going on?
You in @HeHateMe ? Afterwords we can foodblog.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
On principle alone, get the fuck off that high horse you're on .

Wait, you don't have principles?

I mean all things being basically the same why NOT choose the store that treats its employees better and doesn't do all the shit that walrmart does.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I mean all things being basically the same why NOT choose the store that treats its employees better and doesn't do all the shit that walrmart does.
Curious how the employees at *walrmart* are treated worse.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah you're right , next time i go to both curbside pickups i'll ask if how their employer is treating them nice and giving them a paycheck for having a job. They receive a paycheck for their work, i could care a rats ass what employer puts more sprinkles on their cup cakes.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Curious how the employees at *walrmart* are treated worse.

My misspelling aside, have you bothered to google how Wally world treats their employees versus Costco?

Just a bit from the Harvard Business Review. Walmart is trash. Costco isn't. That is the long and the short story.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Yeah you're right , next time i go to both curbside pickups i'll ask if how their employer is treating them nice and giving them a paycheck for having a job. They receive a paycheck for their work, i could care a rats ass what employer puts more sprinkles on their cup cakes.

I get it, you do not give a shit if the employees are treated well and compensated fairly. Enjoy your prime beef briskets from the chit tier store.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
My friend makes $35 a hour at Costco as a butcher. They pay really well and the quality reflects it compared to sams club. Only thing sams club has that is better is their croissants shit on the Costco ones. Plus nothing beats Costco return policy

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
It is official, everyone that cares about better quality, better service, better treatment of employees, and in the end a truly premium shopping experience prefers Costco.

Sams is legitimately trash, and only back country mouth breathers prefer it over Costco.

/Thread

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is official, everyone that cares about better quality, better service, better treatment of employees, and in the end a truly premium shopping experience prefers Costco.

Sams is legitimately trash, and only back country mouth breathers prefer it over Costco.

/Thread
Them bastards

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
True story here. I went to Sams club as a kid.

I haven't been in one in 20 plus years.
I have never been inside a Costco.

What am I missing?

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

What am I missing?
Neither have i and thats why i started this thread. But from what the masses are saying it's truely a wonderful shopping experience.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

What am I missing?
Costco has handles of grey goose for like 22 bux marketed under its Kirkland brand French vodka.

Then, they have Kirkland american vodka that is actually better, for 13 bux.

So basically everything else is just gravy.

If u have kids in diapers costco is worth it just for that. And vodka.

Their hot dogs are also probably my fave dogs, unless it is those Vienna beefs with the natty casings.

If you ever make it to a costco, get their chicken pot pie. Pop it in the oven for your fam. It will make u lol hard af if you aren't a morbidly obese fam.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Neither have i and thats why i started this thread. But from what the masses are saying it's truely a wonderful shopping experience.
It is pretty premium as far as experiences go, even during covid times. They dont let people mess up the premiumness.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will say that Kirkland >>>> Members Mark

Being a city kid. I don't shop either store myself, but purchase a lot of those two brands at the local bodega marts for a slightly inflated price.

I have learned Kirkland is a quality brand, while Members Mark has more of that generic store brand feel to it. So I would support Costco as well.