Costco or Sam's Club

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I will say that Kirkland >>>> Members Mark

Being a city kid. I don't shop either store myself, but purchase a lot of those two brands at the local bodega marts for a slightly inflated price.

I have learned Kirkland is a quality brand, while Members Mark has more of that generic store brand feel to it. So I would support Costco as well.

Right, even knock off Kirkland stuff is still better than real Walmart stuff.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
True story here. I went to Sams club as a kid.

I haven't been in one in 20 plus years.
I have never been inside a Costco.

What am I missing?
Do you like snacks? Do you like buying snacks in packaging 5x the size of normal snacks at a pretty good discount?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Costco has handles of grey goose for like 22 bux marketed under its Kirkland brand French vodka.

Then, they have Kirkland american vodka that is actually better, for 13 bux.

So basically everything else is just gravy.

If u have kids in diapers costco is worth it just for that. And vodka.

Their hot dogs are also probably my fave dogs, unless it is those Vienna beefs with the natty casings.

If you ever make it to a costco, get their chicken pot pie. Pop it in the oven for your fam. It will make u lol hard af if you aren't a morbidly obese fam.
Do they sell trampolines?
I remember Sams had trampolines and kayaks and stuff. My mom would basically tell 10 year old me to fuck off when I asked if we could get one.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Neither have i and thats why i started this thread. But from what the masses are saying it's truely a wonderful shopping experience.
I get to hold @HeHateMe s hand and eat lollipops. In what world isn't that wonderful? Blissful maybe even.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Do you like snacks? Do you like buying snacks in packaging 5x the size of normal snacks at a pretty good discount?

I do like snacks.
And I always wanted one of those 96 rolls of tp packs.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Kirkland clothing is very much for the most part not for me very boxy shirts and their bluejeans look super roomy. I bet @Urblock looks really okay in Kirkland dungarees and henleys.

Their plain white Ts are the best though. Long. 100% cotton. Thicc. Fit snug on a lean person. It's weird to me that their undershirts are the opposite of their button down dress shirts but whatevs.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have never been to either store. Such a noob

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Costco has handles of grey goose for like 22 bux marketed under its Kirkland brand French vodka.

Then, they have Kirkland american vodka that is actually better, for 13 bux.

So basically everything else is just gravy.

If u have kids in diapers costco is worth it just for that. And vodka.

Their hot dogs are also probably my fave dogs, unless it is those Vienna beefs with the natty casings.

If you ever make it to a costco, get their chicken pot pie. Pop it in the oven for your fam. It will make u lol hard af if you aren't a morbidly obese fam.

their whiskey brand isn’t bad either. And since covid at least in Michigan can’t find any 1942 anywhere so tried the Kirkland anejo and it’s pretty good. Not 1942 good but it was still name brand quality

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
their whiskey brand isn’t bad either. And since covid at least in Michigan can’t find any 1942 anywhere so tried the Kirkland anejo and it’s pretty good. Not 1942 good but it was still name brand quality

I am not a huge Tequila guy, but if I am going that way I am usually about the reposado. Found the Kirkland Reposado one time and it was pretty damn good. I haven't ever seen it again but would buy it if it ever showed back up.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
@Fatman LOU this shouldn't even be a question, keep Costco.

Fuck Walmart.

On principle alone, if you have a choice, you should choose Costco for how they treat their employees.

Agreed. Walmart sucks. Ever since they were taking donations at checkout for their employees’ holiday Turkey, is the day I stopped going in Walmart. Pay your people so they can afford a turkey. I fucking hate Walmart.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My misspelling aside, have you bothered to google how Wally world treats their employees versus Costco?

Just a bit from the Harvard Business Review. Walmart is trash. Costco isn't. That is the long and the short story.
No, I have not "bothered" to look up how Walmart treats their employees or any other companies treatment of workers. Life is tuff, lot's of shitty jobs out there and I'm glad to not have one.

Not that it matters but I rarely shop there. I'm pretty sure the folks that work there had a choice where to work, whether or not they googled employee treatment...who knows?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
No, I have not "bothered" to look up how Walmart treats their employees or any other companies treatment of workers. Life is tuff, lot's of shitty jobs out there and I'm glad to not have one.

Not that it matters but I rarely shop there. I'm pretty sure the folks that work there had a choice where to work, whether or not they googled employee treatment...who knows?
You are missing the point.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Easy Costco for me, although I guess that depends on your local Costco and Sams Club. Sams around here doesn't sell gas, but the Costco gas is the cheapest you can get unless you want to drive up to like Zion Benton or Winthrop harbor.

Costco has really good meat cut selection of choice and prime grade, for way cheaper than you would see at a Heinens or Wholefoods.

Kirkland has some great booze for low cost, I usually get the XO cognac, its $60 here but would easily be $150+ if they put a different label on it and sold it at Binny's. Which puts it in a price range I can justify cooking with, no way in hell I'm putting $150+ stuff in a pan.