Could Aaron Judge be in play for Cubs in offseason?

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:
I don't care how much flak I get for saying it: there's a good chance the guy is on the juice. The only players to ever hit 60 home runs in just 143 games were all cheaters. Every single one of them. So unless you're telling me this guy is suddenly the greatest home run hitter of all time, I'm not biting.

Back in 2002, I was beating the drums, telling everyone Bonds was a cheat. No one believed me. A few years later, and I was sadly proven correct. I hope I'm wrong about Judge, but it's pretty hard to imagine otherwise.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't care how much flak I get for saying it: there's a good chance the guy is on the juice. The only players to ever hit 60 home runs in just 143 games were all cheaters. Every single one of them. So unless you're telling me this guy is suddenly the greatest home run hitter of all time, I'm not biting.

Back in 2002, I was beating the drums, telling everyone Bonds was a cheat. No one believed me. A few years later, and I was sadly proven correct. I hope I'm wrong about Judge, but it's pretty hard to imagine otherwise.
Who cares? Tons and tons of players took steroids. They werent popping 60. Dont be a weirdo

Castor76

Liked Posts:

Were steroids illegal then? Nope? Then they weren't cheating. Get over yourself.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Wut?!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Dang man! So like you know what to look for in roid users huh? When you beat your drums, does anyone listen? Like local news? Or ESPN? Or did you just beat it in silence? If you're so clairvoyant, you need to get your voice out there. Hopefully one day we stop these cheaters!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If he cheated it was with HGH.

You take a monster human of 6’8” 275 build and put them in yankee stadium and yes, I believe it.

Steroids would help him see pitches and react but he certainly didn’t need more strength to begin with, unless he already got there with HGH.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Did you just seriously suggest that when Barry Bonds was hitting 73 home runs you were the only person who thought he was juicing? Do you live in a cave somewhere? Literally everybody knew he was juicing at that point.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Who cares? Tons and tons of players took steroids. They werent popping 60. Dont be a weirdo
Oh dear God. This was the St. Louis defense of Mark McGwire. “If steroids helped you hit home runs, then any truck driver could hit 60 home runs.“ That was seriously one writers defense in explaining how steroids did not help Mark McGwire. As if it took a real investigative journalist to figure out that if they did not help him he would not be taking them.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh dear God. This was the St. Louis defense of Mark McGwire. “If steroids helped you hit home runs, then any truck driver could hit 60 home runs.“ That was seriously one writers defense in explaining how steroids did not help Mark McGwire. As if it took a real investigative journalist to figure out that if they did not help him he would not be taking them.
Oh God,

Sammy Sosa
Mark McGwire
Barry Bonds
Judge
Maris
Ruth

Thats who has hit 60 home runs. If just taking the roids was the requirement, the list would be in the 1000's.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Judge hard hit rate really isn't up noticably vs his career average. His career soft/med/hard is 9.9%/42.4%/47.8%. This year he's at 7.3%/44.8%/47.9%. Statistically speaking he's just been more lucky with his HR/FB rate at 35.7% vs 32.3% for his career.

As for the original question, I don't wan the cubs going anywhere near him in FA. He's 30 and has dealt with a ton of injuries. Cubs are also strong in outfield prospects/players. Suzuki likely will improve next year and Happ was one of the best hitters on the team. Granted CF is questionable atm but you have Davis on the door step and PCA isn't far behind him.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Oh God,

Sammy Sosa
Mark McGwire
Barry Bonds
Judge
Maris
Ruth

Thats who has hit 60 home runs. If just taking the roids was the requirement, the list would be in the 1000's.
Exactly. But a writer for the StL Post-Dispatch kept repeating that during 1998 and afterward.

Until later on when he acted shocked and indignant that these players - including McGwire - ever took such stuff.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I would stay away from Judge. Teams are going to pay for a guy that hits 60 homers, when it is incredibly unlikely he'll get near that again.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Pass. Falls under fan service and Jed likes to pay nickel on the dollar

Next

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:
Dang man! So like you know what to look for in roid users huh? When you beat your drums, does anyone listen? Like local news? Or ESPN? Or did you just beat it in silence? If you're so clairvoyant, you need to get your voice out there. Hopefully one day we stop these cheaters!
Only two men aside from Judge in the history of MLB have ever hit 60 home runs by game 143. Can you guess which ones? Here, I'll give you some hints: one of them was black and played for the Pirates and Giants, and the other was white and played for the Athletics and Cardinals. The black player is the all-time leader in career home runs, as well as the single-season record holder. Both of them have hit at least 70 home runs in a season. Both of them are also admitted PED cheats (one unknowingly and one knowingly).

Take as much time as you want.

Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Only two men aside from Judge in the history of MLB have ever hit 60 home runs by game 143. Can you guess which ones? Here, I'll give you some hints: one of them was black and played for the Pirates and Giants, and the other was white and played for the Athletics and Cardinals. The black player is the all-time leader in career home runs, as well as the single-season record holder. Both of them have hit at least 70 home runs in a season. Both of them are also admitted PED cheats (one unknowingly and one knowingly).

Nobody cares

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

Barry Bonds is the best baseball player in the history of the game. I'm sorry that you can't appreciate greatness. Everybody was playing on the same level playing field. Cheat better.

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:
Barry Bonds is the best baseball player in the history of the game. I'm sorry that you can't appreciate greatness. Everybody was playing on the same level playing field. Cheat better.
His stats before roids (.288, 445 hr, .559 slug) don't support you argument. He was a HOF player, sure. But nowhere near GOAT status. The guy was in heavy decline by 1999, and many people were suggesting SF trade him because of it.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
His stats before roids (.288, 445 hr, .559 slug) don't support you argument. He was a HOF player, sure. But nowhere near GOAT status. The guy was in heavy decline by 1999, and many people were suggesting SF trade him because of it.
His OPS was 1.006 that season. By comparison, only two players in the majors this year even have an OPS over that - Judge at 1.121 and Yordan Alvarez at 1.021. He had already won 3 MVPs, 8 gold gloves, 7 silver slugger by that time. Nobody had ever gotten more than 3 MVP awards, Bonds finished his career with 7.