Could Jenkins be the next Kyle Long?

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I don't have a tweet to support this thought but rewatching the last game and seeing cornfed constantly overpowering people and putting people on their ass, albiet against backups, is something I haven't seen since Long.

I bet their RAS score is very comparable. Watching him in between plays in the huddle he looks super focused, ready to kill on order and he is taking people's lunch on almost every rep.

I personally think that most back issues have a psychosomatic root cause (stress) and I hope he can fight through his issues because he could he a mauler on that side of the line.

Chicago was the first skyline he'd ever seen and that was last year. He does have a lot of catch up to do but we probably have the right staff to both hold him accountable and give him some space to grow.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The question becomes whether Jenkins is still that guy after the back surgery. His mobility #s coming out of college were better than any of our other Ts other than Jones running his 40 by less than a tenth faster(all in the 1st 10 yds). Teven beat him at everything else except body lengths. Fans constantly bring up Jenkins' arm length but they're longer than Reiff, Borom and Peters.

All that said, he looks to be a guy that needs to be moving forward for a while to get back his mojo so I very much like that the Bear are trying him at G. Also helps that Borom is looking better at T. Borom's hands are improving with reps and coaching. I didn't think he was the better T last year after Teven knocked the rust off, mostly due to leverage and how they used their arms/hands. Borom was better on Sat.:) regardless of PFF grading.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Missing members responses.:)

If you mean, always injured, yah.
If you mean, a fail at T, yup.
If you mean, needs to lose weight. (y)

I mean, do those members think that sort of cheap take is witty or are they just attention whores? Both?

Hopefully, it can be the giggle without all that crap filling this thread.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Missing members responses.:)

If you mean, always injured, yah.
If you mean, a fail at T, yup.
If you mean, needs to lose weight. (y)

I mean, do those members think that sort of cheap take is witty or are they just attention whores? Both?

Hopefully, it can be the giggle without all that crap filling this thread.
Kyle Long played well for the Bears over an extended period of time and honestly, the green text things are what I remember most from him along with taking some UDFAs helmet off and hitting them with it during practice. Try as I might, even being the face of the Bears for several years just makes me sad about how bad those years were.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I don't have a tweet to support this thought but rewatching the last game and seeing cornfed constantly overpowering people and putting people on their ass, albiet against backups, is something I haven't seen since Long.

I bet their RAS score is very comparable. Watching him in between plays in the huddle he looks super focused, ready to kill on order and he is taking people's lunch on almost every rep.

I personally think that most back issues have a psychosomatic root cause (stress) and I hope he can fight through his issues because he could he a mauler on that side of the line.

Chicago was the first skyline he'd ever seen and that was last year. He does have a lot of catch up to do but we probably have the right staff to both hold him accountable and give him some space to grow.

Is this Dr Sarno? I remember Howard Stern always talking about this guy and how he guy cured his back problems. His whole thing is about back pain being mental and all this non traditonal stuff. Like back pain is your mind purposely causing discomfort so you won’t think about things you’re wanting to avoid. Stuff like that. People swear by him though.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Would just like to point out that:

Kyle Long is white and bald

Jenkums is....gray? and no bald

So based on my scientific research it means no, he can not be kyle long

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Is this Dr Sarno? I remember Howard Stern always talking about this guy and how he guy cured his back problems. His whole thing is about back pain being mental and all this non traditonal stuff. Like back pain is your mind purposely causing discomfort so you won’t think about things you’re wanting to avoid. Stuff like that. People swear by him though.
Yup. Dr. Sarno. That's a good summary.
Had success with thousands of patients. Mostly by just having them writing out all the things they are upset about.
This lady Nicole J Sachs has picked up his work now.