Could Robinson be the key to convince Miami to trade down to 20?

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Devante Parker, Will Fuller and ARob would be nuts for the 1 year the last 2 are under contract. Of course, so would Parker, Fuller, and Jamarr Chase/Jaylen Waddle, with the rookie being there for 5 years. Don't really like that trade for either team, because at that point, the Bears would have a QB with nobody for him to throw to and nobody to protect him. Of course, they keep their 2nd, but then you have a choice to make.
Agreed. They would most likely want # 20 and our 2nd this year and our 1st and 2nd next year. If they want a player it would probably be Roquan or JJ. If Tua pans out Miami will be really tough with all the draft picks they have accumulated.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Miami would take an impact WR high on a much cheaper contract than to trade for an older, lower-ceiling player that will command a massive payday next year. Other teams might be interested but they would also want a 1st or a 2nd to go with it.
Robinson gives them a proven top 5 WR that is under 30 and really goes and gets the ball. Very hard to find. Wish we could keep him. The 22 1st round pick we would give them is potentially a top 10 pick. Like what they got from Houston. Good chance our rookie would not be great his first year of starting as the team is built around him.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Robinson gives them a proven top 5 WR that is under 30 and really goes and gets the ball. Very hard to find. Wish we could keep him. The 22 1st round pick we would give them is potentially a top 10 pick. Like what they got from Houston. Good chance our rookie would not be great his first year of starting as the team is built around him.
Top 5 in the division?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Much easier to find a wide receiver than find a left tackle or a quarterback.

Yet the Bears can't seem to draft any of those... (aside from Alshon)., Tell George to go back to the WR tree in the backyard at HH and pick one off.. grab a OT too while he's back there.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
If bears could dump Robinson without giving that contract and help get a QB try to get it done ASAP. Closer to draft higher the capital Miami will get. Let Miami extend his contract and get him out of here now if you ask me.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If bears could dump Robinson without giving that contract and help get a QB try to get it done ASAP. Closer to draft higher the capital Miami will get. Let Miami extend his contract and get him out of here now if you ask me.
Miami has to create the cap space before they execute the trade, That means ARob first needs to be extended prior to next Thursday, and the Bears and Miami both need to know the draft board will fall they way they want it to. What a mess if Chicago trades up to 6 pre-draft, only to have someone else swoop in and trade up to 4-5.

TLDR version

Not a lot of thought was put into the OP

Quik_7_Devin

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If MIA likes ARob they can simply offer the 18th overall pick.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If it is the only way to land a real QB... then so be it

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2021-04-22_00h22_16.png

Not likely that MIA moved up only to move down again...surely not to #20.

I'd say DET at #7 but also unlikely to go QB. big hole @ WR for them now. Nor will they deal a QB to CHI in division.

Trade for 4th QB might be with CAR @ #8 who already spend their wad to get Darnold & likely seeking top flight WR or OT. Drop to 20 could be too much tho.

DEN might just be in the best position for QB4 if he drops. All of this regardless of ARob, but who TH knows!?? Maybe #20 + ARob will get MIA, DET, or CAR to deal?? ?‍♂️

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
View attachment 11347

Not likely that MIA moved up only to move down again...surely not to #20.

I'd say DET at #7 but also unlikely to go QB. big hole @ WR for them now. Nor will they deal a QB to CHI in division.

Trade for 4th QB might be with CAR @ #8 who already spend their wad to get Darnold & likely seeking top flight WR or OT. Drop to 20 could be too much tho.

DEN might just be in the best position for QB4 if he drops. All of this regardless of ARob, but who TH knows!?? Maybe #20 + ARob will get MIA, DET, or CAR to deal?? ?‍♂️

Detroit would have no interest in ARob, they would have just kept Galloday instead. Plenty of depth in the draft at WR, I think Detroit is looking at Pitts or Sewell, or a trade down and then pick up Parsons or an OT

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Really like Leatherwood as a 2nd round pick. Could be the swing tackle in 21 if he doesn't win a starting job. Like Eskridge too.

Love Leatherwood and truthfully, he should have come out a year ago when he was projected to be a Top 10 pick. Now he will most likely slide to the second round and potentially early 3rd. My concern with him is that in the NFL, he is probably more successful as a RT. Granted, you could probably plug him in for the next 10 years as a starting RT and I am good with that. However, we have got to get a pure LT in this draft OR someone like a Mayfield/Radunz that has that extra athleticism for the LT spot

aeronaut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Most analysts are very confident that Fields will drop to 4.

Most analysts are not making the 49ers pick. I'm fairly confident that the Jags will take Lawrence (because if they don't, they are idiots). After that, everything is guesses, some guesses are better than others. SF could surprise everyone and take Pitts, but it's unlikely. More likely they take a QB, but NOBODY aside from John Lynch, Kyle Shannahan (sp?), and the rest of the 49ers staff has any certainty about that. Same thing for Atlanta, Cincinnati, Miami, and so forth.

Also remember that the big 'surprises' on draft day are usually when a team makes a pick that the analysts did not expect. Some will love it, some will hate it, and no one, even the GM of the team making the pick, knows how it will work out. Did anyone predict just how good Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, or Tom Brady would be, or how bad Tim Couch, JaMarcus Russell, or Akili Smith would be?

It's like Socrates saying that he knows very little, but knowing that, feels that he knows more than most people who don't get that.