Could Taj take Tyrus's spot?

jsain360

Liked Posts:
Taj Gibson looks like he could be the Bulls starting PF, I hope Tyrus is watching, because I think his job could be in jeopardy. Taj has knocked down the mid-range shot, rebounded, and played good defense. He has been a pleasent suprise.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I agree, I keep saying that he can blossom into a Joe Smith type player and have a nice, decent career. If he "gets it" and Tyrus doesn't, he will eventually replace Tyrus. Tyrus has to buy in to what VDN wants to do, otherwise it won't work.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
Tyrus has to come ready to play and come in with his head screwed on straight, he has to play under control, and realize the jump shot is nice but his strength is to attack the basket, rebound, defend, and block shots.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
This is probably the worst time for Tyrus to miss preseason run. Taj has shown himself to be a more coachable version of Tyrus. So yes, Taj could and I think he already did. There is no reason to believe Tyrus was a lock for the starting job no matter what happened. Tyrus should have to play himself back into the starting spot, IMO.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
taj has foul problems, but he is a better fit next to noah.Lets see how he plays against legitimate starting NBA PF's before we give him the spot. This is the preseason. tyrus is more athletic and a higher draft pick. Also we dont want to diminish his trade value, but i do see taj absorbing most of the minutes left at pf. Yet i still think we should end games with either deng/noah at the pf spot.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The way Tyrus plays, he wishes he could be Taj Gibson. That's probably not looking in his favor though. Tyrus can still become a FAR greater player than Gibson could even dream of being, but as of right now, based on output, they're about the same.

RPK

Liked Posts:
Judging purely by the tiny sample size of one preseason game, Tyrus' offensive game looks exactly like last year (in other words, clumsy with too many jumpers outside his range).