Could the Packers be in play for Forte this offseason?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
remember in 2013 when Forte got fucked over on the All-Pro team by Lacy even though his numbers were much better?

I think Lacy is just one of those big backs who would only get a few years in league before injuries would catch up with him.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Forte...to the Packers? That's downright un-American.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can respect a player going somewhere they think the can win, but I personally dont give a fuck if a bear gets a ring unless its in a bears uniform.

sure as hell dont want to see them get one in a fucking packers uniform.

If it were the Packers, it would be at our expense and I never want an ex Bear to do well against us. I won't watch but if he were a Pat and got his ring, I'd be happy for him but then I'm not the kind of guy that would want an ex to break her leg either. All this assumes we didn't want him or his price any more. It's not like I'm going to watch the Pats or root for them. Reward for hard work is (used to be) the American way. Oh, and fuck the Packers.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Forte with Rodgers would be downright dangerous.

Funny though - was at a meeting and a Vikes fan and GB fan were talking shit to each other. Vikes guy makes good point - Packers, while in the mix every year, have been a 'always the bridesdmaid' franchise. An Elite/HOF QB is an extreme rarity. Having one in today's NFL (not Dan Marino's days) ensures post season appearances and success.
Rodgers has a lot of time left, but GB has had 20 straight years of top play from two of the best QBs of all time. Only one Trophy to show for it By comparison, Brady has 4 and even Eli has 2. Sure, it's a team game, but if they don't win another one, fans will look back on these teams like the 80's Bears - should have won at least one more, possibly two, with that roster.

tricky5544

Liked Posts:
Lacy was better than Forte last year. Now Lacy stinks? I feel that GB's O-Line is not doing the job either run blocking or pass blocking. Look at the last 3 weeks to see. Rodgers is getting blown up man.

I disagree
Forte 1038 rushing and 808 WR yards with 10 td
Lacey 1139 rushing and 427 WR yards with 13 td

That is not better but pretty even

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lacy was better than Forte last year. Now Lacy stinks? I feel that GB's O-Line is not doing the job either run blocking or pass blocking. Look at the last 3 weeks to see. Rodgers is getting blown up man.

Rofl. Anyone who thinks Lacy has ever been a better player than Matt Forte....... yeah.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Just like they did Peppers. But then again, who knows if Forte would sign?

What part of "very rare" did you not consider in your bombastic fucktard response? Peppers is a pass rusher which has far more value than a 30-year old RB looking to get paid again.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I think Lacy is just one of those big backs who would only get a few years in league before injuries would catch up with him.

You mean before Cheeseburgers would catch up with him, right?

Geno

Liked Posts:

Funny though - was at a meeting and a Vikes fan and GB fan were talking shit to each other. Vikes guy makes good point - Packers, while in the mix every year, have been a 'always the bridesdmaid' franchise. An Elite/HOF QB is an extreme rarity. Having one in today's NFL (not Dan Marino's days) ensures post season appearances and success.
Rodgers has a lot of time left, but GB has had 20 straight years of top play from two of the best QBs of all time. Only one Trophy to show for it By comparison, Brady has 4 and even Eli has 2. Sure, it's a team game, but if they don't win another one, fans will look back on these teams like the 80's Bears - should have won at least one more, possibly two, with that roster.
1996, 2010.

mecha

Liked Posts:
1996, 2010.

lol

sidenote: I hate Aaron Rodgers' fucking face. and Brett Favre was 10x more entertaining to watch cause he didn't prance around looking like a dickface, he was a fucking machine.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I suspect we see Forte stick around unless he just doesn't want to. We have many times more cap space than GB next year and when you're tight on cap, RB, especially an aging one is usually not where you alot your bucks. Forte also isn't the power game runner than GB like to use. They could change things up to optimize him but I wouldn't assume that would be their intention instead of just finding a younger and better fit. Starks is underrated and can catch and he still hasn't seen 30 receptions in a season.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:

?

I have a joke.

A Bears fan and a Viks fan walk into a bar talking about how bad the Pack have been lately...

Thats the joke. No punch line needed.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Lacy was not better than Forte last year or ever for that matter. Forte had a great year last year despite the chaos that was going on with the offense. The opposing teams were stacking the line daring Cutler to throw.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Lacey has never been better than Forte and never will have the career Matt has had..

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Forte will go after the payday with 1 or 2 more years of guaranteed salary than there should be...and the Packers don't do a lot of that.

Geno

Liked Posts:
lol

sidenote: I hate Aaron Rodgers' fucking face. and Brett Favre was 10x more entertaining to watch cause he didn't prance around looking like a dickface, he was a fucking machine.
It would be a face you would love if he were a Chicago Bear.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eddie Lacy is and has always been below average. What could be easier thatn being the running back for Aaron Rodgers. The media just loves to buy into the flailing dreads. He is fat and getting fatter and will be no more than a back up at best in a few years. Where is PackersFan now to tell everyone who much better he is than Forte.

Actually I brought up Ryan Grant putting up better numbers on the ground than "future hall of famer" Matt Forte. Do I really need to dig up the comparison again?

In regards to Forte in GB next year. No.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Actually I brought up Ryan Grant putting up better numbers on the ground than "future hall of famer" Matt Forte. Do I really need to dig up the comparison again?

what is your opinion of starks?

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even with Starks being given the job, the Packers know they have to get Lacy straightened out. I think they'll do so before the end of the season ...

... Of course, I drafted Lacy in the first round in fantasy, so I have to think that way ...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

We give a shit what you think. You're not worthy of Matt Forte.