Covid-19 Diet Thread

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
How have you guys gained 15-20 lbs? Shit I went from 215 down to 193

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
How have you guys gained 15-20 lbs? Shit I went from 215 down to 193

frozen pizza and ice cream bro....lol when you get off the routine it’s all downhill from there lol. Once I get my bike in I’m going to hit up the local trails three times a week to get my shit right

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I definitely eat more but I also work out more.

Am I the only one that has saved a ton of money the last 2 month by not going out ha?

Gallachers

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Baltimore Orioles
  1. Colorado Rapids
  1. Houston Rockets
I know many people who gained weight during quarantine, this is really a big problem)

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Seems like summer is helping us a lot here. As soon as more vegetables started to reach season, not only did prices drop, but the quality improved. Before you found over-ripe produce for double the price, it was just hard to justify buying certain things in spring, including all the spot shortages on the frozen stuff.

Oh, and egg plant... No idea why I avoided it for so many years. Now I just gotta watch nightshade intake.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Seems like summer is helping us a lot here. As soon as more vegetables started to reach season, not only did prices drop, but the quality improved. Before you found over-ripe produce for double the price, it was just hard to justify buying certain things in spring, including all the spot shortages on the frozen stuff.

Oh, and egg plant... No idea why I avoided it for so many years. Now I just gotta watch nightshade intake.
Man, I can't stand eggplant, never liked it.

Last few trips to the grocery store have been rather meh here... Prices for produce were high, nothing really on sale. Haven't braved a venture to a farm stand or farmers market yet.

We have a garden going this year... was going to do it anyways without COVID, and COVID made it a bit harder to find some stuff.. but we got a variety of cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, swiss chard, various kinds of lettuce, kale, and then a bunch of herbs going this year. Cucumbers exploded and we're getting all kinds of growth now. None are ready yet for eating though. Tomatoes have just started to produce fruit, very early stage though.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Man, I can't stand eggplant, never liked it.

Last few trips to the grocery store have been rather meh here... Prices for produce were high, nothing really on sale. Haven't braved a venture to a farm stand or farmers market yet.

We have a garden going this year... was going to do it anyways without COVID, and COVID made it a bit harder to find some stuff.. but we got a variety of cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, swiss chard, various kinds of lettuce, kale, and then a bunch of herbs going this year. Cucumbers exploded and we're getting all kinds of growth now. None are ready yet for eating though. Tomatoes have just started to produce fruit, very early stage though.

Nice. Garden powa! I just did all herbs this year because of the squirrel issue I mentioned in another thread. But this seems like the wacky kind of summer where you should get a few fruitings out of a well planned garden.

Oh, and eggplant, I did some baked garlic parm recipe to start. That's what made it taste good for us. Wife LOVES it. She tried it another way, hated it in the past. It's not an overwhelming flavor, so all you gotta do is season it with stronger flavors and scrape the skin a bit to reduce the bitterness. Not a polarizing plant by any means. But I can see how people who like to amplify the original flavor can really make it a bad experience for some people. Like many foods, some things need a break-in before you grow to like the full flavor, and maybe you consider that and give it a shot another time.