Covid-19 Diet Thread

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If I make food, it's usually pretty healthy. My problem over the past 45ish days has been ordering take out which always amounts to way to many cals. Also, the to-go drinks. I've been trying to support all my local hot spots and have been over indulging for sure.

I'm still active - either running or biking at least 30-60 min a day, but other than that I'm sitting like 23 hours lol and do feel like I'm getting a lil pouch. Avoiding alcohol is so difficult during the week when it becomes deck drinking weather and you have no where to go.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I've been eating alot of Hamburger Helper these days.

So easy to make.
That shit is NASTY!

The last time I had it I was in my thirties, single, and thought, wtf this is easy and I can make two meals out of it I might as well give it a go.

I felt worse than when I eat McDonalds... Not to mention the friggin heartburn that night was on a whole different level.

Hard pass. If I want something like that it is just as easy to make from scratch without all the chit in it.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
That shit is NASTY!

The last time I had it I was in my thirties, single, and thought, wtf this is easy and I can make two meals out of it I might as well give it a go.

I felt worse than when I eat McDonalds... Not to mention the friggin heartburn that night was on a whole different level.

Hard pass. If I want something like that it is just as easy to make from scratch without all the chit in it.

Leave Berries alone.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That shit is NASTY!

To be fair I am in my thirties and single, so I am very much following your guidelines.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Started baking bread every day with the pandemic. So much bread. One loaf after another.

When one is gone, another pops up. It's just bread, bread, bread, and more bread.

And the damnedest thing, woke up and made johnny cakes for breakfast. The carb train has no end in sight. It's the reverse of Tommy Lasorda's slim fast commercial. Grain for breakfast, grain for lunch, and grain for dinner. If I keep this up, I'll be sumo wrestling SilenceS by autumn.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
To be fair I am in my thirties and single, so I am very much following your guidelines.

Hopefully you don't get the heartburn like I got. I will never forget that night.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Millennials are turning 40.

Idk what young people are called these days. Or what they're like.
At the moment Generation Z.. I'm sure they'll get a better name eventually though. Rumor is Zoomers is growing as a name for them.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Started baking bread every day with the pandemic. So much bread. One loaf after another.

When one is gone, another pops up. It's just bread, bread, bread, and more bread.

And the damnedest thing, woke up and made johnny cakes for breakfast. The carb train has no end in sight. It's the reverse of Tommy Lasorda's slim fast commercial. Grain for breakfast, grain for lunch, and grain for dinner. If I keep this up, I'll be sumo wrestling SilenceS by autumn.
All good, I fight dirty though. I do like a great sandwich doe.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Homemade lamb gyro loaves, meatballs galore, and a lot of ham. Even pulled out the 70s Betty Cooker Crock book and made ham a la king. And I ate oatmeal for the first time in decades.

I haven't been eating worse, but certainly different. A bit more grain I guess.

And @Ares , ahem, Tuna Helper is way better. (shut up @-Cago34- )

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have developed heart burn. I don't eat anything besides coffee until sometimes 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I'm crazy out of shape and my beard is hiding my double chin. It's terrible!