CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Use this thread to help other members with food deals that are seen. I figure if this is a good way for us to make sure the places we enjoy, or haven't been to, stay open and make some money in the mean time.

For those of you in the south suburbs like me, Check out Side Street Tavern in Tinley Park. They have family style meals going for $30. (I'm fairly positive they have the regular menu as well, maybe not the full, but a bit of it) Wife and I got the chicken, potatoes, and salad meal. We'll definitely have salad for two meals, and definitely the chicken and potatoes. There's a big bunch of veggies as well, so you can do what I'm going to do and make an omelette in the morning.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Use this thread to help other members with food deals that are seen. I figure if this is a good way for us to make sure the places we enjoy, or haven't been to, stay open and make some money in the mean time.

For those of you in the south suburbs like me, Check out Side Street Tavern in Tinley Park. They have family style meals going for $30. (I'm fairly positive they have the regular menu as well, maybe not the full, but a bit of it) Wife and I got the chicken, potatoes, and salad meal. We'll definitely have salad for two meals, and definitely the chicken and potatoes. There's a big bunch of veggies as well, so you can do what I'm going to do and make an omelette in the morning.

Is this where we talk about the arguments the wife and I get in about who gets what in each MRE?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets

Dont you worry about them touching your food. People on the south side are known for their cleanliness

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this where we talk about the arguments the wife and I get in about who gets what in each MRE?
I let my wife eat everything. 120 lbs and eats like a football player. Thank God she doesn't look like one. lol

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
did you all know it's probably safer to order take out/delivery/curbside than it is to go to a grocery store

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Dont you worry about them touching your food. People on the south side are known for their cleanliness
What are you going to do with your stimulus check....are you going to share it with a charity?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are you going to do with your stimulus check....are you going to share it with a charity?

I have a feeling the only money he gives to Charity is the stripper a few blocks from his house.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I've been trying to support local businesses when we do takeout. Try to limit takeout to 3-4 times a week though and use our groceries.

The one takeout I got that wasn't local was Chipotle but I had free delivery and wanted to try the new queso. Still think they are offering free delivery.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I made 1" thick Bone in Pork Chops on the grill last night with some green chile rub, Wife made balsamic glazed carrots and garlic and green onion brown rice. Dinner was delicious!

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dinner was delicious!

For serious.

I want to get behind this whole "help out your local restaurants" movement, but when I have literally all day to make dinner...it's been top notch stuff right here in the House of Vu. I planned to spend most of my day tomorrow cooking down a bolognese sauce just because I found some unopened pasta in the back of my pantry.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
For serious.

I want to get behind this whole "help out your local restaurants" movement, but when I have literally all day to make dinner...it's been top notch stuff right here in the House of Vu. I planned to spend most of my day tomorrow cooking down a bolognese sauce just because I found some unopened pasta in the back of my pantry.

I am actually going to start doing some big meals this week and for the forseeable future. I have some friends that are out of work and I wanted to start showing some love with the food stuffs.

Thinking about making either a brisket or a pork butt this week. Was going to start a brisket tomorrow or the next day but the grocer had like six briskets and they were all tagged as roasts and like 6 bucks a pound. Didn't feel like arguing in a grocery store so I just finished getting the things my mother needed and moved along.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Tomorrow we are going to make Tri Tip burros for dinner. I made a Tri Tip over the weekend so we are going to slice the rest of it down with some rice and refried beans and queso to make some burritos.

I also need a good Chili recipe if anyone has one and doesn't feel like making me dig for the stupid thread like a dorkface @HawkBear

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hit me with some incredible chicken wing rubs! Loving my air fryer!

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I haven't taken advantage of this but I saw a commercial that Burger King is offering free delivery.

Drive Thru is something I try and avoid except for Friday dinner. Yesterday I was facing a mutiny if I didn't get my kid Taco Bell so I got that for lunch. Gave me the shits. Oh well.

Back to the crock pot today.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Wife made curry. Them Indians sure are not getting affected by the corona virus like other nations. Might as well eat what they eat.

A pot of that junk lasts like a week. Tastes awesome too.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Hit me with some incredible chicken wing rubs! Loving my air fryer!

Take any hot sauce that you really enjoy and mix it with clarified butter and toss after your wings are cooked, or if you don't like sauced wings you can use the same thing as a dipping sauce.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
We had wings three ways last night. With some franks, melted butter. Another with sweet baby rays original. And then we tried a Thai peanut sauce. Interesting and fun, but wouldn't do again.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I haven't taken advantage of this but I saw a commercial that Burger King is offering free delivery.

Drive Thru is something I try and avoid except for Friday dinner. Yesterday I was facing a mutiny if I didn't get my kid Taco Bell so I got that for lunch. Gave me the shits. Oh well.

Wait you have a kid?

I didn't even picture you as someone who wears pants...

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Dude, nobody wants Burger King, let alone to have it delivered. How much fast food do you eat? You disgust me.