Cowboys fire OC Kellen Moore

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He'll have a new job fairly quickly he's only 33 years old and he got Dak Prescott to throw for a franchise-record 37 touchdowns in 2021 also recorded his second career 4,000-yard passing season (4,449 yards - fourth in franchise history) for a 104.2 quarterback rating.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
He'll have a new job fairly quickly he's only 33 years old and he got Dak Prescott to throw for a franchise-record 37 touchdowns in 2021 also recorded his second career 4,000-yard passing season (4,449 yards - fourth in franchise history) for a 104.2 quarterback rating.

I have no comprehension of what 4,000 yards passing looks like.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:

What? The guy is an absolute stud! That makes zero sense.

That’s the problem with nfl today- no loyalty and or patience! They need to give players and coaches more time but the upper echelon Gus don’t get that much time or Lee way either! Making it even harder to win!

On another note, mahomes is the true goat. He may never win as many titles but he’s the best qb I’ve ever seen until Fields takes control! They basically has the same wr’s as we did and he still threw for a billion yards. Ok kelce is an anomaly but the rest were just a group of guys! I guess the esb- scantking secision didn’t go as planned either! Oh but he can block-

The chiefs run for 40 yards a game bc it has nothing to do with winning football games, it’s a waste of time in my opinion. When. You throw 50 times a game you’ll probably tend to get better at it.

Not to mention that based solely on stats- if you throw 3 times in a row at 7-10 yards a clip and even if you complete 50 percent of them, you’ll have a much higher percentage of gaining first downs- it’s right in front of everyone’s eyes and they just don’t want to see it!

The chunk plays discrepancies are so huge too! It’s far too difficult to run as your base offense and go down the field and then score.

That’s why fields is perfect bc he has more chunk runs than most teams entire rosters and that when and really only when they should run except for the half yard qb sneak.

And every 2 and 3rd and 1 should be a damn bomb- there’s no better situations in football to do it outside of maybe the first olay of the game.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Ravens let Roman go, I bet Moore has just moved to the top of the list to replace him.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Prescott is an OC killer. He makes the same mistakes no matter who the OC is.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

That’s the problem with nfl today- no loyalty and or patience! They need to give players and coaches more time but the upper echelon Gus don’t get that much time or Lee way either! Making it even harder to win!

On another note, mahomes is the true goat. He may never win as many titles but he’s the best qb I’ve ever seen until Fields takes control! They basically has the same wr’s as we did and he still threw for a billion yards. Ok kelce is an anomaly but the rest were just a group of guys! I guess the esb- scantking secision didn’t go as planned either! Oh but he can block-

The chiefs run for 40 yards a game bc it has nothing to do with winning football games, it’s a waste of time in my opinion. When. You throw 50 times a game you’ll probably tend to get better at it.

Not to mention that based solely on stats- if you throw 3 times in a row at 7-10 yards a clip and even if you complete 50 percent of them, you’ll have a much higher percentage of gaining first downs- it’s right in front of everyone’s eyes and they just don’t want to see it!

The chunk plays discrepancies are so huge too! It’s far too difficult to run as your base offense and go down the field and then score.

That’s why fields is perfect bc he has more chunk runs than most teams entire rosters and that when and really only when they should run except for the half yard qb sneak.

And every 2 and 3rd and 1 should be a damn bomb- there’s no better situations in football to do it outside of maybe the first olay of the game.
On ESPN GetUp this morning they discussed that McCarthy is in "Win or Else" status and therefore is going to take the offense back. If he doesn't win next year, Dan Quinn gets the job. I didn't get the impression any of them thought Moore did poorly, but they understood the move.

In 4 years as OC the Dallas offense was top 6 in scoring 3 times, and the 4th was without their starting QB. McCarthy may want to take control, but he better produce. They were #4 in scoring and #1 in RedZone production. Is Mikey going to improve on that? Nope.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This to me seems more like a Lovie/Ron Rivera situation. Lovie seemingly wanted to be in complete control of the defense, but couldn't with Rivera there.

I think McCarthy wanted to be the play caller and run the offense his way, but having Kellen Moore there was getting in the way of that.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

When the 'Boys lost yet again in the playoffs, somebody had to feel Jerry's ire....Looks like Moore is the fall guy.

I imagine he'll land on his feet somewhere.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would have fired Mccarthy and made more the HC
It's crazy how splashy Jerry Jones has been as an owner yet he's kicking the can down the road with a HC who was one of the most uninspired hires in recent years? Dallas would do better to roll with Dan Quinn or pursue Sean Payton, but I think Jerry prefers mediocrity so he can soak up all the attention.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
It's crazy how splashy Jerry Jones has been as an owner yet he's kicking the can down the road with a HC who was one of the most uninspired hires in recent years? Dallas would do better to roll with Dan Quinn or pursue Sean Payton, but I think Jerry prefers mediocrity so he can soak up all the attention.

I think Jerry wants to win. He has hired Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells, so I don't think he's afraid of pursuing big name coaches. McCarthy himself is a former Super Bowl winner and has a pretty good record overall in a league where wins are hard to come by.

It must be nice to have ownership that actually cares about winning, but like every other Bears fan, I wouldn't know.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
moore gonna be the OC for chargers with lombardi getting axed...

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Already has a new job with LA Chargers.

Not surprising his Dad was a super bowl champion offensive coordinator with Peyton Manning and the apple didn't fall far from the tree with him.

Tom Moore also spent 13 seasons coaching NFL legend Peyton Manning from 1998-2010, during which Manning posted franchise records with 54,828 passing yards, 399 touchdowns, and 4,682 completions. Additionally, Manning won four of his five NFL MVP Awards (2003-04, 2008-09) under Moore's tutelage.

a-6f9a-4bc9-9bf5-794dada6f4a0-BW_10_Tom_Moore_0913.jpg

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Kellen Moore's Dad has been in five superbowls.