My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Big ole WOOF

But as the Sun-Times learned this week, even if Karnisovas didn’t like what he would have seen from Boylen he would likely be handcuffed from making a change.

According to several sources, there is strong growing momentum that financial concerns the Reinsdorfs have about the 2020-21 NBA season will keep Boylen in his current seat, as well as most of the coaching staff.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
This will eliminate any good will the franchise earned with the hiring of the new FO.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Bulls were fucked once the NBA decided not to do the Delete 8. I'm sure that Karnisovas/Eversley (we need a good nickname for these two like GarPax) wanted to use the Chicago Bubble to give Boylen his due. Once the NBA squashed that idea, there's now nothing to judge him on. So, they can't just fire him because that plays into the narrative that people have made. It almost makes me wonder if JR is looking to make himself the scapegoat.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Bulls were fucked once the NBA decided not to do the Delete 8. I'm sure that Karnisovas/Eversley (we need a good nickname for these two like GarPax) wanted to use the Chicago Bubble to give Boylen his due. Once the NBA squashed that idea, there's now nothing to judge him on. So, they can't just fire him because that plays into the narrative that people have made. It almost makes me wonder if JR is looking to make himself the scapegoat.

That is even worse. If AK wants to keep Boylen then he should just say so. I really don't see much need in giving Boylen more time, he has already had his due. If AK is unaware of how bad Jim is then he could ask the players how they feel.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That is even worse. If AK wants to keep Boylen then he should just say so. I really don't see much need in giving Boylen more time, he has already had his due. If AK is unaware of how bad Jim is then he could ask the players how they feel.
I think it's a matter of perception. The Bulls have a bad track record with coaches post-Phil , only compounded with the comments that Carlisle made earlier this year. There's no doubt in my mind that AK wants Boylen gone. There's also no doubt in my mind that AK wanted to give Boylen the bubble shot purely to dispel some of those bad thoughts. Now that there's no Delete 8 bubble, he's forced into keeping him. I'm just speculating that maybe the news about JR and the financials kind of gives AK cover.

Or maybe I'm giving JR way too much credit.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I think it's a matter of perception. The Bulls have a bad track record with coaches post-Phil , only compounded with the comments that Carlisle made earlier this year. There's no doubt in my mind that AK wants Boylen gone. There's also no doubt in my mind that AK wanted to give Boylen the bubble shot purely to dispel some of those bad thoughts. Now that there's no Delete 8 bubble, he's forced into keeping him. I'm just speculating that maybe the news about JR and the financials kind of gives AK cover.

I don't think firing Boylen would make them look bad, but not firing him because you don't want to pay for another coach certainly does.

Besides the two guys that are rumored to be in the running both have relationships with the current FO. I doubt someone like Kenny Atkinson would turn down the job either.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't think firing Boylen would make them look bad, but not firing him because you don't want to pay for another coach certainly does.

Besides the two guys that are rumored to be in the running both have relationships with the current FO. I doubt someone like Kenny Atkinson would turn down the job either.
Adrian Griffin and..?

I’m blanking on the second.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
That BJ armstrong article this week was awesome. He would have made a great GM, was in line as an assistant before Boreman got the job to kiss Paxsons ass. Boylen is not going to make any free agent sign here. We will still be with Porter deals where they are forced to play here for big money. Dont rule out the John Wall or Beal type money being brought here. But Todays NBA, these primadonnas just will decide they dont want to play here and either not show or demand a trade to their nutsack buddies.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So nothing is going to change. Why did they even hire 2 new guys when they are just going to lose 50+ games and get a mediocre draft pick?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I don't wanna hear this shit. This stupid ass franchise better find the money to get rid of his bum ass.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Jerry is just one of the owners and something like 30% share. IMO it's time to just put the pressure on the owners group, and not Jerry, because it's obvious this never works. They trust Jerry and let him take the punches, while they run off scot free happy the Bulls sell out games when fighting for lottery position.