CPAP any users here?

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was diagnosed with sleep apnea just a few years ago. Anyone have the CPAP pillow? Discuss

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have the over just the nose mask....second best thing I've done for my health besides quitting smoking cigarettes.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have the over just the nose mask....second best thing I've done for my health besides quitting smoking cigarettes.

I've never been tested for it yet, but I'm sure I should be using one. I'm glad they make the nose mask type. One of those big clunky ones seem like they'd be brutal to sleep with it on.
I even tried that Zquiet thing. Meh. Couldn't tame my "alleged" snoring.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've never been tested for it yet, but I'm sure I should be using one. I'm glad they make the nose mask type. One of those big clunky ones seem like they'd be brutal to sleep with it on.
I even tried that Zquiet thing. Meh. Couldn't tame my "alleged" snoring.
My only regret is not listening to my wife sooner, like a decade sooner. She had told me about my snoring and times where I stopped breathing so long she almost woke me up. When I finally did the sleep study it was worse than I thought. When you stop breathing for more than 5 seconds, they record it, and since I forgot the clinical term for it, I'll call it an episode. The doctor said a mild case of apnea is 15 episodes an hour, medium is 25, severe is 35. My average was 45, with sleeping on my back the worst at 69.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I use one. I've never heard of the pillow.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My gf tells me I snore. My Dad does badly, but at 40, perhaps it's time to look into it. Thought of the CPAP does not make me happy, but quality of life is important & sleep is critical.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My gf tells me I snore. My Dad does badly, but at 40, perhaps it's time to look into it. Thought of the CPAP does not make me happy, but quality of life is important & sleep is critical.
Severe apnea can cause heart problems if left untreated...at least do the sleep study and see how bad it is.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I snore a little. But not enough to need one yet. My wife says it’s getting worse though...