Crawford has retired!

Hawksfaninbuff

Liked Posts:
Just announced crowmg has called it quits. With jersey having 2 studs already, he sees no future there, or something else is up. Sign and retire a hawk!

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Kind of think you have to retire that number.

Both Cup runs he was a brick wall and the 15 run was only outplayed by Duncan Keith with full cheat codes unlocked.

Great career

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
Got through two sentences before I wondered.......THEN WHY IN THE FUCK DID YOU ALLOW YOUR BRAIN DEAD GM TO CLASSLESSLY KICK HIM TO THE CURB?
Are you saying they knew he will retire?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are you saying they knew he will retire?
I'm saying he might not have retired if allowed to stay with the only NHL team he's ever played for.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Got through two sentences before I wondered.......THEN WHY IN THE FUCK DID YOU ALLOW YOUR BRAIN DEAD GM TO CLASSLESSLY KICK HIM TO THE CURB?
That right there in your comments is why the Hawks are where they are currently. If and the answer should be yes, when the Hawks retire his number that in itself will prove the mistake the organization made letting him go. The Hawks fucked up bigtime on this one, they better move forward quickly in raising his number to the top of the United Center to save a little face and salvage some kind of dignity towards CC.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I'm saying he might not have retired if allowed to stay with the only NHL team he's ever played for.
He doesn’t retire if playing for Chicago, bank it. He never wanted to leave, this is on Stan, all of it and Wirtz that damn chicken feed let him do it, shades of his old man.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Imagine if he would have re-signed then retired. What an off-season. Lose Dach, Toews, Crow, basically Seabs still. Crazy times.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm the first in line to shit on Bowman but it all could also be they saw this in him and didn't want to re-sign him because of it. He's been around a long time with lot's of injuries and lingering concussion issues. Nothing is to say he doesn't retire today as they get into camp if he's still with the Hawks.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm the first in line to shit on Bowman but it all could also be they saw this in him and didn't want to re-sign him because of it. He's been around a long time with lot's of injuries and lingering concussion issues. Nothing is to say he doesn't retire today as they get into camp if he's still with the Hawks.
Why would Blowman offer a deal if he saw this coming? Crawford wanted a two year and Blowman knew offering only one would result in Crawford leaving.
I'm also not sure why anyone would see anything coming after his last NHL win back in August....it was a 48 save goaltending clinic. He's also been symptom free for two years as far as concussions go and seemed healthy last time we saw him.......unless Ms Crow hit him with a rolling pin over the offseason.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He doesn’t retire if playing for Chicago, bank it. He never wanted to leave, this is on Stan, all of it and Wirtz that damn chicken feed let him do it, shades of his old man.
IMO,Crow signed the NJ deal as a fuck you to Blowman then had remorse and backed out.
Maybe there are health issues at stake here but the guy was a healthy beast last time he took the ice and I believe he thought he'd be redone here. Blowman knew he wouldn't sign a one year and that's why he offered it.
Two years woulda been perfect,shit can Suban and get Delia and Lankinen 20 starts each so we know what they're worth.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Why would Blowman offer a deal if he saw this coming? Crawford wanted a two year and Blowman knew offering only one would result in Crawford leaving.
I'm also not sure why anyone would see anything coming after his last NHL win back in August....it was a 48 save goaltending clinic. He's also been symptom free for two years as far as concussions go and seemed healthy last time we saw him.......unless Ms Crow hit him with a rolling pin over the offseason.
Zero chance Bowman can leave without at least it being reported he offered. You can't do a guy like Crawford like that even if you don't offer in faith you can't not offer something. As for concussions. They are super tricky. Ask Toews. You can play well and be healthy and just as easily take a puck in practice and all hell breaks loose.

Granada

Liked Posts:

Agreed. I've always loved Crow, and I hate Bowman more than anyone, but I think Bowman handled it fair -- offered him a 1-year at 3.5, even though his injuries and his age were obviously becoming a huge issue (i.e. why Lehner was brought in when he was). To me, that offer was extremely fair. I'm always the first to rag on Bowman when he dishes out ridiculously long and/or over-priced contracts, but in this instance, he played it well in my view.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Guess you guys are right........we're better off with Suban.