Crazy fantasy league

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
So I am partaking in a friendly fantasy league this year that has 16 participants...... You read that right 16 teams....

The draft order has been set and I pick at #1......

It is of course additionally ridiculous with a 1 point ppr.

I am going to have to take CMC at one. I mean there really isn't any other option at that spot with 1 pt ppr.

The question is. WTF do I do after that?

Do I just look at who slides and try to get best available? It is snake so my next two picks are 32 and 33.

Anyone been involved in something like this before where depth is obviously going to be an issue?

Should I be looking for sleepers and rookies late?

I am honestly a little lost. I am kinda thinking that any top tier talent left at 32 33 I should jump on, even QB1 or TE1 as everyone is going to have to fight to field a good team and I might be able to pickup some sleepers further down the list.

I should mention that it is a mix of about 8 decent fantasy players and 8 people that are totally in for fun.

I have a sinking feeling about this.

One thing that I know is that I am going to have to do well on the waiver wire throughout the season to be successful.

Thoughts?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1a) Take Waller if he's there, otherwise get 2 RBs since TE can be gotten later on with less loss than you'll see at dried up RB world by the 2nd turn in the 60s. Grab a sleeper TE2 later to back yourself up if you want.

1b) (most likely Waller's gone), so take RB2 & RB3 at the 32 & 33 IMHO. Could get Montgomery or Carson, maybe even CEH slides?? You'll have a startable RB3 at your flex and backup in case of an RB injury or worst case he's massive trade bait since RBs are at such extreme premium, nobody else will have more than 1 really good one. You can have and start 3!!!

2) Could go with a WR1 with high upside if there's not 2 startable RBs at your first Rd 2/3 turn...no homer but Allen Robinson's floor and ceiling are both very high & he should be avail there. Massive upside.

WR talent is deep so you can wait otherwise.
Do not try for a top 5 QB at your 32/33 turn. You can also shoot for a decent QB at the 4/5 maaaybe, otherwise 6/7 turn (Brady or Tannahill if avail). Grab a rookie later on with upside. BPA otherwise throughout, since half the league is for fun.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
1a) Take Waller if he's there, otherwise get 2 RBs since TE can be gotten later on with less loss than you'll see at dried up RB world by the 2nd turn in the 60s. Grab a sleeper TE2 later to back yourself up if you want.

1b) (most likely Waller's gone), so take RB2 & RB3 at the 32 & 33 IMHO. Could get Montgomery or Carson, maybe even CEH slides?? You'll have a startable RB3 at your flex and backup in case of an RB injury or worst case he's massive trade bait since RBs are at such extreme premium, nobody else will have more than 1 really good one. You can have and start 3!!!

2) Could go with a WR1 with high upside if there's not 2 startable RBs at your first Rd 2/3 turn...no homer but Allen Robinson's floor and ceiling are both very high & he should be avail there. Massive upside.

WR talent is deep so you can wait otherwise.
Do not try for a top 5 QB at your 32/33 turn. You can also shoot for a decent QB at the 4/5 maaaybe, otherwise 6/7 turn (Brady or Tannahill if avail). Grab a rookie later on with upside. BPA otherwise throughout, since half the league is for fun.
Yes and they always go early on qb's at least the people I've played with do, and they are Seahawks homers, if imagine Chris Carson and maybe Russell Wilson gone before I pick 2/3.

Thanks for the input.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@Burque If I were you, I'd look for the opportunity to start a run on something when it hits your 2 picks on the snake.

Not certain one will be there, but if you can take 2 of something and like dry up Tier 1 of of position group and make people nervous, might not be a bad idea.

Like if you can dry up that RB market and people get nervous and start overdrafting RBs, it may mean a WR or TE falls that otherwise wouldn't have.

I am jaded on RBs, they are fucking walking injury bugs for half the league every year it seems like, which is why we all try to stock up on them early in drafts.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
LoL this went interesting. One person backed out leaving us with 15 so two people (A couple) decided to run their league together to make everything even at 14.

CMC
Lamb
K allen
D henderson
M gaskin
Hockenson
Mayfield
J chase
A Brown
Lindsay
Fields
Blankenship
Panthers
Mooney
Graham
Cobb

I am feeling like I might be decent, or I could be really fuxxed.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LoL this went interesting. One person backed out leaving us with 15 so two people (A couple) decided to run their league together to make everything even at 14.

CMC
Lamb
K allen
D henderson
M gaskin
Hockenson
Mayfield
J chase
A Brown
Lindsay
Fields
Blankenship
Panthers
Mooney
Graham
Cobb

Prescott had to establish what relationship he has with Lamb.

Henderson and Allen need to stay healthy.

I think your fucked. I dont see a starting QB. Hockenson could be stuck in a bad offense. Goff hasn't produced a reliable fantasy TE season yet and he might even be double teamed.

I think you will find out quickly your stuck putting up 80 points.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Prescott had to establish what relationship he has with Lamb.

Henderson and Allen need to stay healthy.

I think your fucked. I dont see a starting QB. Hockenson could be stuck in a bad offense. Goff hasn't produced a reliable fantasy TE season yet and he might even be double teamed.

I think you will find out quickly your stuck putting up 80 points.
I would not be surprised at all to be totally fucked. I'll be playing the waiver game all season for sure.

Being first gave me little options on what to do.

I shouldn't have taken fields but here we are.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would not be surprised at all to be totally fucked. I'll be playing the waiver game all season for sure.

Being first gave me little options on what to do.

I shouldn't have taken fields but here we are.
Cut Cobb Graham and Mooney now for 2nd or third string running backs?

I don't mind Fields in keeper leagues but you still have to redraft him so must get value.

Mayfield can hold his own he's just not going to win weeks consistently like the top guys.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

CMC
Lamb
K allen
D henderson
M gaskin
Hockenson
Mayfield
J chase
A Brown
Lindsay
Fields
Blankenship
Panthers
Mooney
Graham
Cobb

I think you should've fully embraced the Hero RB theory and just stacked WR/TE instead of grabbing Henderson/Gaskins. I personally have no set way to draft, I usually let the draft dictate what I'm going to do. This year, I'm trying to go RB/RB, but if nothing is there, I'll just go with a modified zero RB.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Just had my home league draft. 12 teams .5 PPR. Had the #2 pick and guys started reaching for RB pretty early, so I embraced the hero RB theory. What you guys think?

1630894857455.png

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I think you should've fully embraced the Hero RB theory and just stacked WR/TE instead of grabbing Henderson/Gaskins. I personally have no set way to draft, I usually let the draft dictate what I'm going to do. This year, I'm trying to go RB/RB, but if nothing is there, I'll just go with a modified zero RB.
I just went with bpa/need. It was a strange draft...

I literally just swapped Jimmy Graham for Sterling Shepard on the waiver wire...

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Just had my home league draft. 12 teams .5 PPR. Had the #2 pick and guys started reaching for RB pretty early, so I embraced the hero RB theory. What you guys think?

View attachment 13717
You need sermon to be productive...

I can literally see him on our draft board he went pretty late.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You need sermon to be productive...

I can literally see him on our draft board he went pretty late.

Yeah, people were reaching like crazy in this draft. There was literally no good RB on the board my second pick. When it got back to my 2nd pick, I expected to have Carson or CEH, but the best RB available was Jacobs. I wasn't reaching for any RBs.

This was a crazy weird draft. Someone took Evans in the early second as the 3rd WR off the board. Rodgers and Brady went in the 3rd before Josh Allen. Someone took Gronk in the 6th over Hock/Andrews (same guy that took Brady/Evans. He's going to be crazy disappointed). I reached on Sermon fully expecting to punt at TE and somehow Hockenson made it to the back end of the 6th with OBJ in the 7th getting every guy I was aiming for. I ended up going Cooper over Swift in the 4th because of offenses and Swift's injury.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I just went with bpa/need. It was a strange draft...

I literally just swapped Jimmy Graham for Sterling Shepard on the waiver wire...

Yeah, my shit was weird as fuck. Literally threw every mock out the window after the first round lmao. My home league is like that though.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Yeah, my shit was weird as fuck. Literally threw every mock out the window after the first round lmao. My home league is like that though.
D Henry went 10th in our draft....... If you can believe that.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
D Henry went 10th in our draft....... If you can believe that.

Shit like that will make me nuts. I hate when I'm expecting a guy in the 6th/7th, and some asshole grabs him in the 4th or some shit. My home league panics like that. They'll grab a lesser player at a position to fill out the roster instead of just stacking RB/WRs. Which, I don't mind too much, but I generally get fucked at QB because everyone wants two for some reason.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Shit like that will make me nuts. I hate when I'm expecting a guy in the 6th/7th, and some asshole grabs him in the 4th or some shit. My home league panics like that. They'll grab a lesser player at a position to fill out the roster instead of just stacking RB/WRs. Which, I don't mind too much, but I generally get fucked at QB because everyone wants two for some reason.
It will be ok for this league. It is just a reality that
the waiver wire really matters.