My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
While going to college I worked for the world famous Good Humor ice cream company on Cicero and Arthington on the murderous west side of Chicago. This was the distribution facility where ice cream trucks were loaded with product and driver then drove to their territories to serve your children.

The image of a Good Humor driver was as a kindly grandfather or father was totally false. At least 50 percent had criminal records and carried handguns on their routes. Wildly diverse demographics with 50% being black, 30% being white and 20% being Iranian students studying nuclear physics at the university of Oklahoma, which are the same people now heading Iranian's program threatening to kill us. Lots of fights in the truck yard and we would occasionally catch two drivers having oral sex in the back of the lot. On Arthington we found a dead guy in the curb one morning, along with prostitutes. There was a beef place across the street that had bullet proof glass and barred windows

I worked in the ice box storage filling orders for the drivers from 7am till noon, then was a bookkeeper from noon till 5pm 6-7 days a week. Made $10/hr in 1973 which was crazy good money when the average college student made $2.25/hr The ice box crew was headed by a drunken, brawling Irishman named Harry that looked like Popeye. He seemed to find himself in the drunk tank a couple of times a week. Richie was the assistant and a hippie, brilliant guy, very Liberal. I was second assistant, we also had a crazy black guy that was a gunner on helicopter in Vietnam. He would freak out occasionally and we would have to restrain him on the ground to get him back to normal. One day he cut off his finger cutting dry ice on the band saw. The final guy was also black and played football for the army in Germany during the war. He came to Chicago to protect his sister who kept getting raped on the fabulous west side

The money was great, we had fun and the people were interesting

What interesting jobs did you have?
70s-good-humor-ice-cream-truck-16695.jpg

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
What a stupid story. We are all more dumb for wasting our time with this turd of a thread. OP licks dicks and should try harder.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At 14, I had a job picking up golf balls at a driving range before it opened. I had to use a scoop with a long handle and carry buckets all over the range and haul them back. Eventually I was allowed to occasionally use a cage covered tractor with an attachment that picked them up, but the owner mostly wanted me to pick them up by hand with the scooper.
At least I learned how to drive a stick shift early on.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
At 14, I had a job picking up golf balls at a driving range before it opened. I had to use a scoop with a long handle and carry buckets all over the range and haul them back. Eventually I was allowed to occasionally use a cage covered tractor with an attachment that picked them up, but the owner mostly wanted me to pick them up by hand with the scooper.
At least I learned how to drive a stick shift early on.
Sometimes here I feel that I need a caged tractor with all the shots I take
Unknown.jpeg

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
One of my friends washed horses balls thru college.

He has to worry about getting kicked but they paid him really good.