Cubs at mets

CSF77

Liked Posts:
06/17/21Chicago Cubs optioned RHP Robert Stock to Iowa Cubs.
06/17/21Chicago Cubs recalled LHP Brad Wieck from Iowa Cubs.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Hope Wieck has frequent flyer miles saved up.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hendricks saves the day. But you can't ignore the fact that in a 4 game series, the Cubs mustered all of 17 hits and struck out 49 times. A new starting pitcher ain't gonna fix that.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Javy will get paid. He is having a GG level year at SS and banging HR's. That alone will get him near 20M per for 5 years. I believe that is his market but some team will offer more because Javy will draw more fans and that pays his wage.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@CSF77 don't grimace me lol. You said it yourself, the Cubs have an abundant of talent at the shortstop position. You pay KB cuz his bat and versatility. Idk about Rizzo tbh but I like him and his glove is valuable.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Hendricks saves the day. But you can't ignore the fact that in a 4 game series, the Cubs mustered all of 17 hits and struck out 49 times. A new starting pitcher ain't gonna fix that.

Walker and Stroman hold ERA's in the 2's. deGromm makes everyone overmatched.

By the numbers the Mets should have taken 3 out of 4. If the Cubs had Davies they have a chance to split.

The Mets shut down teams. Game 1 starter finally pitched a quality game.

The Mets have a deadly staff. Teams are not going to want to face them.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
@CSF77 don't grimace me lol. You said it yourself, the Cubs have an abundant of talent at the shortstop position. You pay KB cuz his bat and versatility. Idk about Rizzo tbh but I like him and his glove is valuable.

The Cubs have talent. But it is not pending.

Nico is a GG quality 2B. Not at SS.
Alacantra would be a poor man's answer.

I believe Jed will offer him 5/200. Then hit him with a QO. Javy has a big ego and will hit the market.

My list
#1 Corey Seager.
#2 Marcus Semien
#3 Jose Iglesias

I would rather they decide on Seager. Have him and Hoerner bat 1-2

after that resign Rizzo at 5/100.

This sets up the top of the order.

Wisdom they need to have focus on his throws on the move. But he is a cost effective 3B. Duffy resign to get a contact hitting LF/3B.

So at #4 this is where you want Bryant. If he takes 8/300 with 40M deferred u til after his contract is over you do it. If not then invest into Contreras early as the 4 hitter.

#5 hitter depends. Bryant resigns then Jed has a decision. Opt out on Joc and Bryant to LF. Eat Heywards deal and retain Joc. If Bryant moves on then keep Joc and Heyward.

So this is where Bryant and Rizzo should be resigned. Then target Seager. Make the O a juggernaut.

But as we saw today. The Cubs are at their best with Hendricks and Davies on the mound. Next series will be Davies, Arreta and Mills. Vs Miami. I expect a sweep.

Williams did a 25 pitch pen. He might be slatted first to fill the void. Alzolay is putting the work in but I expect a bit of a delay to keep his workload down. Give Mills a few starts. If Mills sucks then expect Alzolay back the next spin.

This is why I would try to trade Happ and Bote for a SP. Both have control and trade value. The Cubs don't need an ace right now. They need a stable pitcher that can get 5 innings in with out imploding. The Pen leads the league. All they really need is a stable 5 innings. Not an ace.

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Prediction:

Javy signs with LAA. they over pay all of the time and Joe will want him there.

Story to NYY. Natural fit.

Correa resigns with Astros.

Lux becomes starting SS at LAD.

that leaves Seager. I wouldn't get crazy with him. But this year was a rebound for him until he got hurt. Full health he is a 5 fWAR player. 2019 was his first full year post injury and his numbers were not the same. Then the short season. This year he was at 123 wRC+ which is getting near his 6 fWAR seasons. D wise is not close to then.

So he is a bit of the polar to Javy. More on the OBA side. Power is mid tier range. Glove is doable with plus potential. He seems like a move to 3B when Howard gets up.

I feel that his value will be repressed a bit with his injury on a walk year. That might put him at a signable rate for Jed and seeing his history it might be a great signing.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Javy will get paid. He is having a GG level year at SS and banging HR's. That alone will get him near 20M per for 5 years. I believe that is his market but some team will offer more because Javy will draw more fans and that pays his wage.

you don’t actually pay attention to things when you speak do you? Javy is having his worst defensive season of his career arguably. He has 13 errors already this season for a .951 fielding %.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ok boomer. Fielding % died in the 80's with Batting Avg.

ErrR (error runs): The number of runs above or below average a fielder is, determined by the number of errors he makes as compared to an average fielder at that position given the same distribution of balls in play.
UZR/150 (ultimate zone rate per 150 games): The number of runs above or below average a fielder is, per 150 defensive games.
RngR (range runs): The number of runs above or below average a fielder is, determined by how the fielder is able to get to balls hit in his vicinity.

Fld % died because it only accounts for what you get your glove on or throw accuracy. How about all of the balls that got through? Sandberg was accused of spitting on balls that he would not be able to field clean. To preserve his GG string because getting by did not count against him.

UZR/150 loves Miguel Rojas
RngR loves Torres
ErrR which is geared towards knuckheads like you loves Kevin Newman.

If you make 13 errors and made 300 plays it is a bit different than a 5 error player getting to 150 plays when 400 plays were on the table each.

Breaking it down further

Fielding bible info:
rGFP good fielding plays saved above avg: 0
rPM Plus/Minus runs saved above avg: 5
DRS (Def runs saved above avg): 3

So enjoy your fielding percent boomer.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Fielding % is typical. It is that mistake that grabs negative reaction. But all of the good a player does is ignored.

Typical.

No wonder Trump gets the press and Biden is a after thought.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If you watch over the last several years the Cubs offense goes as Kris Bryant goes. I don’t think there’s a more important player on the roster than Bryant .

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Attendance will not go up or down based on who’s playing shortstop.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I guess I missed this new age statistical analysis of baseball where career highs in errors, means you’re playing gold glove level SS.

Last edited: