Cubs drop 2 of 3 to the Astros

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is pathetic. But we're not this bad, the bullpen has to improve though. The run in the 9th was inexcusable.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
who allowed it?

cubsjunkie

mistress
Liked Posts:
Yup, but he's human. He's had a bad couple of games. He'll get over it... I hope.

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep
Now we have to beat the Mets, that shouldn't be hard

I'd like them to sweep the Mets. I have 150 bucks riding on the Cubs doing better than the Mets this year, and tiebreaker is head to head. The teams play 7 games. I'd like to get that tiebreaker

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
we better sweep the mets..but i wouldnt be shocked if we laid more eggs

ughhh

cubsjunkie

mistress
Liked Posts:
But watching the Mets play the Cards... kinda scary that we have to face them next.

cubsjunkie

mistress
Liked Posts:
Why is it scary? The Mets suck

Because we are at the same record as the Mets (if they win tonight). I don't feel like we are any better than them (IMO). ... annnnnnd I feel like we can't beat the Cardinals (who the mets are beating currently). I think I have this ridiculous irrational fear of that team.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because we are at the same record as the Mets (if they win tonight). I don't feel like we are any better than them (IMO). ... annnnnnd I feel like we can't beat the Cardinals (who the mets are beating currently). I think I have this ridiculous irrational fear of that team.
Their only good starter is Johan Santana, they have Alex Cora and Gary Matthews Jr. playing, they had Mike Jacobs starting at 1st. What scares you about the Mets?

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Their only good starter is Johan Santana, they have Alex Cora and Gary Matthews Jr. playing, they had Mike Jacobs starting at 1st. What scares you about the Mets?

Nothing scares me. That's why I made a $150 bet with my friend that the Cubs will do better than the Mets

cubsjunkie

mistress
Liked Posts:
It's not the Mets that scare me. My irrational fear is with the Cardinals and when I see a team beating them, I feel as if we can't beat them. I haaaaate the Cardinals but I always feel like they're better than us. It's a psychological thing, eh.

JayRock

Liked Posts:
Mets will win at least one game, Cubs are not stable enough right now to perform a sweep.