Cubs Farm System And Prospects Discussion Thread

KBIB

CCS Hockey Icon while hated at HF
Cubs need high end arms over bats. But if the bat is far superior to the best arm available then you go there and use that excess depth to trade for established pitching.
I agree with you but the bats are too top heavy this draft.

I don’t pass up on Jones at 7 unless something drastic happens. He’s going to be a high level guy in the bigs.

CSF77

I agree with you but the bats are too top heavy this draft.

I don’t pass up on Jones at 7 unless something drastic happens. He’s going to be a high level guy in the bigs.
That is what I was saying if a bat is far superior to a arm then take it. Then with the excess depth trade for established pitching.

Basically what they have done in the past.

JP Hochbaum

Velasquez and Killian were major beasts in the AFL.
Velasquez was a 2017 5th round pick, 22 years old and seems to have really figured things out the last few months.
Killian just keeps getting better and better, and I initially as a number 3 starter for his ceiling but reports show him hitting 95-97 in the AFL, which was much higher than what he was when the Cubs traded Bryant for him.

Chicagosports89

Velasquez and Killian were major beasts in the AFL.
Velasquez was a 2017 5th round pick, 22 years old and seems to have really figured things out the last few months.
Killian just keeps getting better and better, and I initially as a number 3 starter for his ceiling but reports show him hitting 95-97 in the AFL, which was much higher than what he was when the Cubs traded Bryant for him.

I read Kilian topped out around 97-98 when the cubs traded for him. I'm not sure why scout have a limited cap on a guy with great velocity, great control and a good breaking ball.

JP Hochbaum

I read Kilian topped out around 97-98 when the cubs traded for him. I'm not sure why scout have a limited cap on a guy with great velocity, great control and a good breaking ball.
Yeah initially they made him seem like a stronger Hendricks with less control. But he seems much more than that.