1. Carolina Hurricanes
  2. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Clemson Tigers
  2. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
Vegas has the cubs at 85.5 wins

What's your take?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
That is fair as I see Theo selling off this year. He already said WS or bust going in.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Over -- 89 to 93 and NL Central title. Not saying anything beyond October 1, though.

-New Doug

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Over...I’ll go with 91 wins

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Few Kool ade drinkers taking big gulps here.

I would give them 87 as is with no roster problems or adjustments. But I will sit at 83 because Theo has said that if they are not looking like a world series contender then he has to take into consideration that he is has a few players at the 18 month mark and that he would have to make some decisions on them. Add to it he has said that the market for trades was bad in the off season and that he has tried to make extension offers but players are by no means required to sign them and they will do what is best for themselves.

So I really doubt that this team will sniff 90. They would have to be better than the best team in the worst division. That is not good enough. They would have to be the team to beat in the NL. Theo pushed a high adjenda to give a reason for doing what needs to be done this year. Sure they take off and look like 2016 again you have to ride that. They look like 17-19 they have to make trades to retool for the next window while these players still hold trade value.

When I say 83 it is based off of the Cubs current situation. They have to reload. They have 4 top 100 prospects upwelling and it would make sense to reload for that next window. If some players extend into it that is great. If they are looking at a pay day that is great also. It will be on another team though.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Few Kool ade drinkers taking big gulps here.

I would give them 87 as is with no roster problems or adjustments. But I will sit at 83 because Theo has said that if they are not looking like a world series contender then he has to take into consideration that he is has a few players at the 18 month mark and that he would have to make some decisions on them. Add to it he has said that the market for trades was bad in the off season and that he has tried to make extension offers but players are by no means required to sign them and they will do what is best for themselves.

So I really doubt that this team will sniff 90. They would have to be better than the best team in the worst division. That is not good enough. They would have to be the team to beat in the NL. Theo pushed a high adjenda to give a reason for doing what needs to be done this year. Sure they take off and look like 2016 again you have to ride that. They look like 17-19 they have to make trades to retool for the next window while these players still hold trade value.

When I say 83 it is based off of the Cubs current situation. They have to reload. They have 4 top 100 prospects upwelling and it would make sense to reload for that next window. If some players extend into it that is great. If they are looking at a pay day that is great also. It will be on another team though.

Theo ain’t trading away from the roster in a meaningful way if they are in first place in the NL central come the trade deadline.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Theo ain’t trading away from the roster in a meaningful way if they are in first place in the NL central come the trade deadline.

Meaning full way?

That is a vague term to toss out there.

I just see it as plain as day.

If the Dodgers are 25 games up and the NLC are all sitting at .500 shooting spit balls then ya Theo most likey tosses the towel.

Now this also means that they are playing at a high level also and not just beating bad teams and struging vs any team worth their salt.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
78. I think they have a May or June slump and Theo does a sell off to load up for the next run.

You are going low-ball. I don't dislike it but I doubt that they do a complete overhaul which would justify that.

I see the expiring gone. Chatwood and Q. Mills and Alzolay get the nod.

Bryant most likely is gone. I just don't see any other scenerio here. The Ricketts have never shown the balls it takes to sign a player like this. Especially after having to pay Heyward to play at league avg value. If you really break it down they have lost near 10 mil per year on that deal.

So that is pretty much end game for him.

Baez IMO is wait and see. It really depends if he prices himself out of Tommy's coin purse.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I like the over. 92 wins. This seems like the final push for the remaining WS vets. Maybe Rossy brings back the fun and luck these guys need.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Meaning full way?

If the Dodgers are 25 games up and the NLC are all sitting at .500 shooting spit balls then ya Theo most likey tosses the towel.

Now this also means that they are playing at a high level also and not just beating bad teams and struging vs any team worth their salt.

Not vague at all. By that it means he won’t be trading away from players that are helping them win to just dump salary.

Also, you give an extreme example of the dodgers up 25 games on the NL central with the division leader being at .500. The odds of the NL central leader being just at .500 come the all star break is extremely slim.

I stick to, if the cubs are leading the division come the all star break, Theo isn’t trading any core guys away to play for 2021, when they are looking like a playoff team. Theo is smart enough to know that if you’re in position to get into the playoffs as a division winner( avoiding a one game playoff), that anything can happen once in the playoffs

greg23

Liked Posts:
Meaning full way?

So at the all star break...which is slightly over halfway thru the season

LA 62- 28
15 game lead in the west

CHI 48-42
4 game lead in the central

You're predicting and advocating that the Cubs dump everybody they can and reload?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think 80-83 wins, so I would bet the under.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
78. I think they have a May or June slump and Theo does a sell off to load up for the next run.

lol, cubs have holes but not 78 win holes. Stead look at the competition as better gauge.

Brewers lost some pieces to free agency cause they needed that cash to extend Yellich.

Cardinals got lucky last year and got exposed in the playoffs.

Division is still for the taking. Comes down to if the starting staff can hold up and that's a big IF

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So at the all star break...which is slightly over halfway thru the season

LA 62- 28
15 game lead in the west

CHI 48-42
4 game lead in the central

You're predicting and advocating that the Cubs dump everybody they can and reload?

Swear I did say if all 4 teams are firing spitwads at each other again.

Add to it there is the actual games part. Like are they just beating under .500 teams and strugglng vs teams over.

So the season should dictate the thought process. And I feel if they are again at .500 and would need to dump more prospects to even contend like the past 3 years then Theo will start selling. And it would be justified.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I like the over. 92 wins. This seems like the final push for the remaining WS vets. Maybe Rossy brings back the fun and luck these guys need.

Fun???? Pretty sure they had been having too much hippie fun the past two years. I think he brings back player respect, not manager name respect. You gotta remember, we have not had one cat juggler or petting zoo since Davey left. Its just dress up dolls for him. Joe got all the credit for ALL that stuff.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Fun???? Pretty sure they had been having too much hippie fun the past two years. I think he brings back player respect, not manager name respect. You gotta remember, we have not had one cat juggler or petting zoo since Davey left. Its just dress up dolls for him. Joe got all the credit for ALL that stuff.
Im pretty sure David can teach some new moves to the bull pen.