Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Vegas has the cubs at 85.5 wins

What's your take?

On paper, they are roughly a .500 team. But you don't win or lose games on paper, not in the preseason and certainly not on an obscure sports forum....it happens on the field. It's why they play 162 damn games. Why try to overload on a gazillion stats? Who cares? Would anyone watch if these stats could correctly predict the outcome? Play the games....see what happens.

cheapjeep

A Cubs fan now in Myrtle Beach
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  2. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Clemson Tigers
  2. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
Im hoping for a successful season but being the betting man that I am I will go with the under. The Cubs remind me of the bears. You have so much hope for them just to watch them turn into a loveable trainwreck

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im hoping for a successful season but being the betting man that I am I will go with the under. The Cubs remind me of the bears. You have so much hope for them just to watch them turn into a loveable trainwreck
They have missed the playoffs one time in 5 year and have 3 NLCS and one world series appearance mixed in. There are the complete opposite of the Bears.

cheapjeep

A Cubs fan now in Myrtle Beach
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Green Bay Packers
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  2. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Clemson Tigers
  2. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
They have missed the playoffs one time in 5 year and have 3 NLCS and one world series appearance mixed in. There are the complete opposite of the Bears.

Watch the cubs before the bandwagon years and then youll understand. Last year was a good example as well

CSF77

Liked Posts:
White Sox most likely get more wins than the Cubs.

They just have more talent in general.

Cubs to be honest are a 89 win team as is. I feel that Chatwood will end up the most dynamic starter this year. It is just too bad that it took 3 years to see the pay off. Already David has said that he is leaning on Chatwood as the 4 and Q as the 5.

The only real battle is Darvish vs Hendricks ad the #1. IMO it really doesn't matter on that issue as both are good answers.

But in general the Cubs need to turn over some players this year and extend others. Getting Chatwood's trade value up is a smart choice. That IMO is the underlying reason why Mills is in the pen. He was equal to Chatwood and should have bumped Q into the pen. But Theo is looking to trade at the deadline and should be maxing out his trade chip values.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
ESPN put out an article a couple of days ago naming the top 100 players in MLB. The Cubs had 5 on the list. The Mets, Padres, Twins, Nationals, and Indians had the same. The Astros, Yankees, Dodgers, and Rockies had more. I was a little surprised they had that many and that Rizzo and Contreras were as high on the list as they were.

garapp

Liked Posts:
On paper, they are roughly a .500 team. But you don't win or lose games on paper, not in the preseason and certainly not on an obscure sports forum....it happens on the field. It's why they play 162 damn games. Why try to overload on a gazillion stats? Who cares? Would anyone watch if these stats could correctly predict the outcome? Play the games....see what happens.
Baseball players age quickly in 4 years and 2020 ain't 2016

This team will be lucky to win 80 and make 3rd place

As 1 magazine said about the Cubs rotation.."the rotation consists of Yu Darvish and 4 soft tossers"

Reality sucks. Watch Lester show his age this year

CSF77

Liked Posts:

As 1 magazine said about the Cubs rotation.."the rotation consists of Yu Darvish and 4 soft tossers"

Chatwood has pegged 96-98 regularly. Sure if they are talking Mills then they are correct.

I see the rotation as:

Yu 96 MPH with 5-6 pitches.
Hendricks basically a 89 MPH guy that pinpoints.
Lester 91 MPH cutter pitcher
Chatwood 96 MPH with 4-5 pitches.
Q- 92 MPH that leans on a curve heavy.

So sure they could end up underwhelming but I see it as a decent mix of typecast pitchers. IMO having 3 lefties worked against them as they were too close in talent and stuff. Chatwood adds another hard thrower.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

What in the hell does this gibberish have to do with my post? You might want to have some sort of inkling on why you are quoting someone. Do you have a fever? Is this the coronavirus speaking?

garapp

Liked Posts:
What in the hell does this gibberish have to do with my post? You might want to have some sort of inkling on why you are quoting someone. Do you have a fever? Is this the coronavirus speaking?
Sir first you say on paper the Cubs are a .500 team. Then you say lets let them play the game. So instead of looking at the talent the Cubs have, the fact that sports writers all over the country are saying the Reds and ChiSox will have a better record than the Cubs, you accuse me of posting gibberish and ask in if I have a fever

You must be a lot of fun at birthday parties

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Maybe we need to start looking not at an over/under on number of wins, but on win percentage. Because 85 wins means a way different thing in a 120-game season than in a 162-game season... sigh...

-New Doug

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sir first you say on paper the Cubs are a .500 team. Then you say lets let them play the game. So instead of looking at the talent the Cubs have, the fact that sports writers all over the country are saying the Reds and ChiSox will have a better record than the Cubs, you accuse me of posting gibberish and ask in if I have a fever

The consensus is the NL Central is wide open besides the Pirates. There is no consensus that the White Sox and Reds are going to have a better record. You are making it up and who gives a shit about the White Sox.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Ok, I get it. It's not the virus....you have an oculomotor dysfunction. I'm being generous in that assessment as most people would just call you a dumbass.

garapp

Liked Posts:
Ok, I get it. It's not the virus....you have an oculomotor dysfunction. I'm being generous in that assessment as most people would just call you a dumbass.
Is it not in your DNA to act like an adult?

Your last 2 posts you have called me names without refuting a thing I said

Quit chugging the kool aid and prove that YOU aren't the want we will all call Dumbass.

garapp

Liked Posts:
The consensus is the NL Central is wide open besides the Pirates. There is no consensus that the White Sox and Reds are going to have a better record. You are making it up and who gives a shit about the White Sox.
No I'm not making this up

There are several baseball magazines out now

While not a consensus, there are a sizable number of pundits who have are predicting Cinci will be higher up in the standings than the Cubs and a few are saying the Sox will have a better record than the Cubs

Personally I don't think the Sox will have a better record but maybe a year or 2 they might

Cinci? A possibility

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is it not in your DNA to act like an adult?

Your last 2 posts you have called me names without refuting a thing I said

Quit chugging the kool aid and prove that YOU aren't the want we will all call Dumbass.

Wow. Looks like it's just a case of not understanding the English language, maybe a reading comprehension disorder. Take your time, re-read my posts....you'll see I never once called you name. Google oculomotor dysfunction if needed, it's a problem where people skip over lines of text when reading which you clearly did on my initial post....making note of only the first and last line I typed. Using my words out of context made your post read like gibberish as it had zero to do with what I was saying.

Here's more of your classic thoughts......"YOU aren't the want we will all call Dumbass" or this " posting gibberish and ask in if I have a fever". If you are new to the English language, here's something that might help.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/11plus/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53084

garapp

Liked Posts:
Wow. Looks like it's just a case of not understanding the English language, maybe a reading comprehension disorder. Take your time, re-read my posts....you'll see I never once called you name. Google oculomotor dysfunction if needed, it's a problem where people skip over lines of text when reading which you clearly did on my initial post....making note of only the first and last line I typed. Using my words out of context made your post read like gibberish as it had zero to do with what I was saying.

Here's more of your classic thoughts......"YOU aren't the want we will all call Dumbass" or this " posting gibberish and ask in if I have a fever". If you are new to the English language, here's something that might help.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/11plus/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53084
[/Qso UOTE]
So I cant type. Sue me!