Cubs Padres.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Who is the starting pitcher today for the Cubbies?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I believe that Jed was planning on letting him build up innings in Iowa as a starter post trade deadline. Williams pushed up his timeline.

I pretty much forgot about him. But he kept his ERA under 3 at Iowa. 5 walks 23 strike outs in 22 IP. So it was a easy decision to bring him up.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
At least we know that he is not using a grip adder with those spinners.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is going on with our Cubbies... They're scoring runs with a bunch of off the bench and 3A players. Hmm.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It reminds me of the cardinals throughout my entire life

it’s almost as if the cubs could trade away a big name guy or two and be just fine, and probably better long term for it. I remember when the cards let pujols walk, everyone thought the cards would be trash. Yet, they’ve been competitive most years since, they haven’t had a losing record post pujols

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well he is interesting. 31 HR's two times in the minors. So he has real power and he seems to handle himself at 3B well enough.
Just our luck. He will play just well enough to convince the Cubs they don't need Bryant. Sigh.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Just our luck. He will play just well enough to convince the Cubs they don't need Bryant. Sigh.

yeah, but the cubs also don’t need to have an albatross of a contract. They are almost done with their current one(heyward)

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm pulling for the guy, but without some extended success I'm thinking of a Micah hoffpaiur (sp?) Type guy

Sounds like Rizzo will return. That puts Bryant back in RF and Ortega back on the bench.

Wisdom is in competition with Bote, Duffy and Heyward right now. What he has is time to prove that he is a MLB talent or not.

Duffy love him. 3B is a power hitters spot. That said corner IF/OF depth. Love it.

Bote most HR's ever in the minors. 14. Majors 11. So over a full season? 15 maybe.

Wisdom 31 HR's 2x. 14+. 4 more times.

So power wise he is a 3B.

The rest of it who knows. He has been a 10% walk rate and 30% strike outs. So the odds are against him as the league figures him out but you never know if a guy will run with it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

I doubt that. I view Bryant as a RF going forward. His value is at a premium as a RF that covers ground. Has speed and a arm. With a MVP quality bat. It would be the right move for him over his next contract.

Cubs screwed themselves with Heyward. Bryant's peak you want in RF where his value maximizes. Heyward is killing the Cubs there in more ways than one.