It was going well. Stroman looking shaky

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Hendricks is not fooling anyone. He is done..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well time to trade Kyle. Kilian is starting on his start date in Iowa. Time to move on.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yes, trade him while his value is as low as its ever been perfect

Depends. Take a team like the Yankee's. They would want Contras pretty bad. Take on Hendricks. That lockss them into Kyle next year for 14M. Cubs eat half of that.

Cubs take back Aaron Hicks for CF. Davis is not a sure thing at all. Hicks gives a legit CF until 2025. About the time frame Alexander-Crow falls into. Also this free's up Happ for trades. Also they get Clarke Schmidt. He is in the pen ATM but would be a solid SP option.

So for the Yanks they get out of a longer term deal. Get a All star catcher and a solid #5 who tends to be healthy and eats innings. That is a big deal in NY.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Depends. Take a team like the Yankee's. They would want Contras pretty bad. Take on Hendricks. That lockss them into Kyle next year for 14M. Cubs eat half of that.

Cubs take back Aaron Hicks for CF. Davis is not a sure thing at all. Hicks gives a legit CF until 2025. About the time frame Alexander-Crow falls into. Also this free's up Happ for trades. Also they get Clarke Schmidt. He is in the pen ATM but would be a solid SP option.

So for the Yanks they get out of a longer term deal. Get a All star catcher and a solid #5 who tends to be healthy and eats innings. That is a big deal in NY.
Lol I thought you were the president of the Davis fan club?! Now you have us trading for his replacement before he even reaches the big leagues?!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hes had a slow start at AAA, obviously time to bail on him now
The "Flavor of the Month" just went sour, I guess. Nobody mentioned that "great" trade....both Contreras and Hendricks for a 32 yr old lifetime .230 hitter and some pitcher that judging by his his use, is not trusted in the Big Apple. The guy has some numbers but the Yankees are looking for starters, if this guy could be a starter....why are the Yankees not stretching him out?

Regardless, the expert is wrong about nearly every trade....sooooo, time to move on.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Davis is untouchable in the Cubs org right now for the position they are in.

Also, Crow Armstrong is absolutely dominating.

.363, .453, .562 5 doubles 3 triples 6 home runs 22% k rate 14% walk rate and 12 SB in 35 games. He also considered a top CF defender in the minors. He is looking like a steal. He also just turned 20

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ive been saying Hendrix is a number 3 at best, this team needs pitching bad we aren't even to summer yet

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Lol I thought you were the president of the Davis fan club?! Now you have us trading for his replacement before he even reaches the big leagues?!

He has been struggling at AAA. AA and lower is more inexperienced pitching. AAA has plenty of pitchers that have been around 10+ years. Not about talent. More so spanking a baby

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
He has been struggling at AAA. AA and lower is more inexperienced pitching. AAA has plenty of pitchers that have been around 10+ years. Not about talent. More so spanking a baby
His career is basically over now

CSF77

Liked Posts:
His career is basically over now

Now you are being dumb. Players adjust. But we are talking about a player that really didn't have much past history vs college or high school talent. I believe that he was a basketball player and got into baseball late. So this is pure talent and little experience vs lower talent and vast experience.

He has always been a outlier as a draft pick. He has superceded expectations based off of raw talent. Him getting slapped around is a good thing. That causes growth.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Now you are being dumb. Players adjust. But we are talking about a player that really didn't have much past history vs college or high school talent. I believe that he was a basketball player and got into baseball late. So this is pure talent and little experience vs lower talent and vast experience.

He has always been a outlier as a draft pick. He has superceded expectations based off of raw talent. Him getting slapped around is a good thing. That causes growth.
Put a fork in him

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But as said

Not a sure thing. No minor league player ever is.

Gives a proven CF vs the string of wantabee CF post Fowler.

Finally I said opens up Happ for trade. It makes sense to sell on a high note in a bad year. He has value right now. Opens up LF for the battle of playing time.

Players need to prove that they belong. Not have a door held open.