Cubs set to name Hawkins next GM (source)

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I like the hire. Dude has done well in Cleveland for quite some time now. You don’t see the Indians with any albatross like contracts either. Seems to know when to hold em, know when to fold em!

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
The Indians have been great at developing pitching. Let's hope they combine the better scouting and development with their league leading pitching infrastructure.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I like the thought process. Everyone wants the cubs to be LA or the yankees. I'm over here wanting them to be tampa or cleveland with way more money. The model for me has always been the 90s braves with slightly more to keep your guys.
That was my thought. If they can develop a minor league pipeline like TB or Cleveland and have the financial wherewithal of the big boys as well, we should be able to compete year in and year out.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I like the thought process. Everyone wants the cubs to be LA or the yankees. I'm over here wanting them to be tampa or cleveland with way more money. The model for me has always been the 90s braves with slightly more to keep your guys.
Well L.A. did do that already with Andrew Freeman.