Cubs, Stroman in heavy talks

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Big difference between saying “good defender” and “gold glove caliber”

you still haven’t figured out the difference, I guess.

The poster you responded to understands he’s a good defender, but not silly enough to make such a claim as to say he’s a gold glove caliber defender at 3rd

If the Cubs target Correa the D should be better than avg in the IF. Which is a big deal with Schwindel at 1B.

Correa makes too much sense right now and the Cubs do have the payroll space to make it happen.

On Mad and Wisdom. They are ok where they are at. One is a slap hitter who strikes out little. The other is a strike out hitter that launches a mistake. For the payroll hit both are worth what they are making. Which frees up resource for players like Stroman and Correa.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Correa worries me. He's good when he's healthy but if you're shelling out a massive deal his injury history concerns me.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Correa worries me. He's good when he's healthy but if you're shelling out a massive deal his injury history concerns me.

Any player can get injured.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I'm not going to lie, I didn't realize he had an extensive injury history. That was my concern with Seager. In reality the cubs probably don't need to be giving out a 10 year contract to anybody right now, but I won't complain if they get Correa. Hopefully the new CBA will limit
contracts, although if the cubs can't out bid others because of limitations on contracts then they likely aren't getting correa

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Any player can get injured.
Any player can get injured. But Correa has 7 full seasons and in those seasons he's averaged 107 games. Granted 2020 brings that number down but even if you exclude that he's only averaging 116 games a season. Were he someone who you were giving like 20 mil to over 4 season I wouldn't care as much. But if you're putting likely 300 mil into someone they better be able to stay on the field.