I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I dont think he knows what buying a championship is. It's usually reserved for teams with outrageous payrolls and not much homegrown talent.
Exactly. Then the doubling down on it is just special

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Anthopoulos: The executive who never gave up​

Alex Anthopoulos came to Atlanta on the heels of an international prospect scandal that resulted in former GM John Coppollela’s permanent expulsion from the sport. He also arrived to a franchise that had endured four straight losing seasons, including three consecutive 90-loss campaigns. Four consecutive NL East titles and the team’s first World Series in 26 years have followed.

And no one would have faulted Anthopoulos for punting on this particular Braves squad, which never received an inning from Mike Soroka, who re-injured his Achilles' tendon during his rehabilitation process. Ronald Acuña Jr., one of the best players in baseball, tore his ACL on July 10, leaving Atlanta with an-MVP sized hole to fill. With a 44–45 record at the All-Star break to go along with 7.6% playoff odds (and 0.3% World Series odds!), per Fangraphs, the outlook appeared bleak. Many were ready to bury these bad-luck Braves.

But Anthopoulos wasn’t. He embarked on what is surely the most ambitious midseason outfield makeover in MLB history, acquiring Joc Pederson, Jorge Soler, Eddie Rosario and Adam Duvall—the latter three in the span of an hour before the trade deadline. All four outfielders hit three home runs during the postseason, doing more than enough to effectively supplement Atlanta’s tremendous infield core.

You call it what you want. That was a buy.

I never said it was wrong at all. If anything I would hope Jed would take a page from this and take this season seriously.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow. The baseball expert that is almost always wrong is really, really upset.