Cubs vs. A's

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't the ball hit the runners leg a deflect a different direction?
It did only because Hosmer played it like a pussy. Even just a slight stretch by him catches the ball on the fly...there was no need to do the short hop ole that he did. He backed off.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Wisdom is on FIRE.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The A's are bad but the Cubs continue to put pressure on teams. They have so many guys that make contact. They steal bases and their pitching just continues to impress.

We still got Mervis and Morel down in AAA. Morel needs to cut K's down.

PCA is crushing AA.

Cade Horton first appearance was electric.

This team has some real things going for it with a core of Nico, Swanson, Happ, Suzuki moving forward and money to spend.

Also, Happ has turned himself into a player. Cubs fans have always knocked him and he just keeps getting better.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The A's are bad but the Cubs continue to put pressure on teams. They have so many guys that make contact. They steal bases and their pitching just continues to impress.

PCA is crushing AA.

This team has some real things going for it with a core of Nico, Swanson, Happ, Suzuki moving forward and money to spend.

Also, Happ has turned himself into a player. Cubs fans have always knocked him and he just keeps getting better.
Can't argue with any of this....they appear to be a team on the come. They can make room for Mervis and Morel pretty easily. They don't need three catchers so Torrens can be moved and I'm pretty sure Rios will be entering the door with DFA written on it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

PCA is crushing AA.

PCA hitting AA. And should be on the fast track.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Can't argue with any of this....they appear to be a team on the come. They can make room for Mervis and Morel pretty easily. They don't need three catchers so Torrens can be moved and I'm pretty sure Rios will be entering the door with DFA written on it.

A perfect storm in my opinion. Jed pays bellinger to stay and he takes over first base PCA makes the jump after doing so so say he gets promoted like within the next couple weeks to Iowa and he just does a cup of coffee.

At that point you have DH to pick up at bats for Mervis In other hitter first types and let them fight over playing time

The fact that they extended Happ just means that this is the team going forward and winning is happening now. And money's not going to be an option at this point

TL1961

Liked Posts:
PCA hitting AA. And should be on the fast track.
I am hoping to catch a Smokies game in late June. I would love to see PCA live, but I have a feeling he may not be there that long.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Steele is looking like a staff ace. Pretty crazy how he was a off the radar type and hits the majors and takes it to a whole new level.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I am hoping to catch a Smokies game in late June. I would love to see PCA live, but I have a feeling he may not be there that long.

PCA: .343/.395/.571
Davis: .162/.289/.243
Morel .367/.483/.776
Mervis: .267/.426/.533 (13 BB vs 11 SO) Rizzo type stuff.

This is the close to majors guys. Davis I expect to tank. He is not able to adjust to AAA pitching. Mervis looks like a polished product with that ratio/

Castor76

Liked Posts:
A perfect storm in my opinion. Jed pays bellinger to stay and he takes over first base PCA makes the jump after doing so so say he gets promoted like within the next couple weeks to Iowa and he just does a cup of coffee.

At that point you have DH to pick up at bats for Mervis In other hitter first types and let them fight over playing time

The fact that they extended Happ just means that this is the team going forward and winning is happening now. And money's not going to be an option at this point

The Happ signing means any OF bat on the farm not PCA or Morel is trade bait now. Of course they have to perform well enough to be bait. The way Stroman is going, locking him up with an extension by July 1 might not be a bad idea either. While a longer deal to lower AAV might work plus be what he's looking for, 4Y/140M is about a 12M increase over what he has on the books this year and next. While I want to see more from both Belli and Wisdom, if they maintain their pace, this team could be scary good this season and going forward the next 4 years should they be able to re-sign Bellinger. Think about the line up

Hoerner 2B
Swanson SS
Happ LF
Suzuki RF
Bellinger 1B
Wisdom 3B
Mervis DH
Gomes C
PCA CF

Morel and Madrigal as super subs off the bench. If Mancini ever finds a decent stroke again, it's not fair.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I dont think there's much chance of bellinger not testing FA. He signed a 1 year contract with the hope of re-establishing his value to get a mega deal

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont think there's much chance of bellinger not testing FA. He signed a 1 year contract with the hope of re-establishing his value to get a mega deal
Doubtful we walk into next year with Bellinger not with Happ re signing. It was bridge to PCA and a chance like you said to re establish value.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cade Horton strikes out 7 in 4 no hit innings.

Thats 12 K's in 6.1 innings

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Depending on how the season plays out, there's a very real possibility that Bellinger gets moved at the deadline.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is he at low A? I know it's extremely early but I'd rather he pitches at a higher level that challenges him
He will move quick. He just started throwing a slider/cutter a year and a half ago. Its a focus. But, early results of control and how electric his arm is a great sign

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mason Miller. 24 yr old righty who throws in the 100s with great regularity and comes with a decent curve as well. Now running him out there every few days for 100 pitches will burn up that arm in no time...but bringing him in late in games could make for a long, financially fruitful career. The A's are in a rebuild, I wonder what they'd want for him.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

I agree with this. But events do make change happen. If Jed gives him a strong offer and he feels good about being a cub he might resign.

By strong offer 6/180M. He would take in due to teams concerned with a one year turnaround vs a track record going in.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The Happ signing means any OF bat on the farm not PCA or Morel is trade bait now. Of course they have to perform well enough to be bait. The way Stroman is going, locking him up with an extension by July 1 might not be a bad idea either. While a longer deal to lower AAV might work plus be what he's looking for, 4Y/140M is about a 12M increase over what he has on the books this year and next. While I want to see more from both Belli and Wisdom, if they maintain their pace, this team could be scary good this season and going forward the next 4 years should they be able to re-sign Bellinger. Think about the line up

Hoerner 2B
Swanson SS
Happ LF
Suzuki RF
Bellinger 1B
Wisdom 3B
Mervis DH
Gomes C
PCA CF

Morel and Madrigal as super subs off the bench. If Mancini ever finds a decent stroke again, it's not fair.

You can't bet on anything.

Going into the rebuild everyone was clamoring on the glut of SS draft choices. No one talks about them. The trades to get depth. No one talks about them other than PCA.

At this point if a player gets to the majors and succeeds at the highest level awesome. Everything else is hype.

And all of the SS hype the one guy who was not on that list is the starting 2B and lead off and got a extension.

Game makes decisions not fans and analysis

If anyone is going to get traded it would be Hernandez before he is forgotten with the rest of the want a be types

So outside of PCA any player that lights up AAA like Morel and Mervis could be on the table for a closer