Current Bulls roster and depth

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Should add DeRozan is not a superstar. No one currently on the Bulls is a superstar. It's hard to contend for a championship without one.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kind of my point.. This is a 3 year deal.. they could move him down the road if they're aren't improving or improve elsewhere around him. The FO is just not gonna stand pat for 3 years and be like "this is our team."

The Spurs roster wasn't ever really a contending roster once Leonard got hurt (and then traded). The Raptors certainly thought they could contend, but couldn't beat LeBron.

I don't expect the Bulls to contend for a championship next season.

You think:

Noah
Rose
Deng
Bogans
Gibson

Is better than the proposed starting 5 next season?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You think:

Noah
Rose
Deng
Bogans
Gibson

Is better than the proposed starting 5 next season?
Carlos Boozer was the starting PF, not Gibson. Boozer was a two time All-Star who's best days were behind him at that point, but still a solid signing (though disappointing after not getting any of LeBron-Wade-Bosh).

Rose was a superstar at that time giving that lineup another bump. Noah and Deng hadn't yet reached their low tier All-Star levels, but would shortly. The bench of that team was better than this team now.

So overall, I think 2010-11 wins, but that's also because we know what 2010-11 did.

Ball is not Rose, Lavine is leagues better than Bogans, but not a superstar. Getting DeRozan is kinda like getting Boozer, thoug totally different style of players... Vuc at this time is better than Noah (again, also very different games). Deng is better than PWill at this time.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Carlos Boozer was the starting PF, not Gibson. Boozer was a two time All-Star who's best days were behind him at that point, but still a solid signing (though disappointing after not getting any of LeBron-Wade-Bosh).

Rose was a superstar at that time giving that lineup another bump. Noah and Deng hadn't yet reached their low tier All-Star levels, but would shortly. The bench of that team was better than this team now.

So overall, I think 2010-11 wins, but that's also because we know what 2010-11 did.

Ball is not Rose, Lavine is leagues better than Bogans, but not a superstar. Getting DeRozan is kinda like getting Boozer, thoug totally different style of players... Vuc at this time is better than Noah (again, also very different games). Deng is better than PWill at this time.
(EDIT: NVM YOU ALREADY ANSWERED)

I agree. Now how about the first four off the bench?

Watson
Korver
Brewer
Scalabrine

White
Caruso
Ayo
Lauri

I think its pretty even between Watson/Korver and White/Caruso... Ayo who knows, Lauri is what he is.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
2010 team is kind of a good comp IMO due to the fact that no one predicted the jump that team made. They were projected to be top 4 and finished 1st. Now I don’t see that jump from this team but top 4? Certainly an achievable and realistic target

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Should add DeRozan is not a superstar. No one currently on the Bulls is a superstar. It's hard to contend for a championship without one.
I keep saying that the idea is that PWill needs to be that superstar. He has the tools, and now with this surrounding cast he will have much less pressure and can just play.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I’m personally a bit skeptical that pat will end up a superstar, but the potential is certainly there. Can’t rule it out. If it happens though, that’s likely 4 years or so down the line

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
The NBA is a completely different animal now than it was in 2011.

That team may be better in the context of the time than this one.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
The NBA is a completely different animal now than it was in 2011.

That team may be better in the context of the time than this one.

So what are you trying to say? Not being a smartass, maybe I just didn't catch it.

You didn't quote anything for context.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
So with the first wave of moves... We are looking at:

Ball
LaVine
DeRozan
PWill
Vuc

Bench:
Caruso
White
Lauri (VERY likely gone)
Ayo
Dotson
Marko Simonović
Javonte Green
Troy Brown Jr.

Need a few more backup bigs.

4 guys under 6'7 in the starting line up. I get positionless NBA BB, but Giannis is jumping over everyone, including Vuc. Hopefully Marko can play or the Bulls are getting beat to death in the paint.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So what are you trying to say? Not being a smartass, maybe I just didn't catch it.

That current team was better equipped to play in that era then they would be today

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

The current team has more talent but wont be as good as the 2011 team.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
4 guys under 6'7 in the starting line up. I get positionless NBA BB, but Giannis is jumping over everyone, including Vuc. Hopefully Marko can play or the Bulls are getting beat to death in the paint.
Meh. Giannis is jumping over everyone. He’s unstoppable. Bulls weren’t going to end up as title favorites after this off season. I think they surpassed expectations though. AKME slayed it

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Btw, something that’s not talked about enough..if the bulls struggle next season, they have a bunch of tradeable assets. They have a lot of really good players teams would want on good contracts. If a disgruntled superstar becomes available, the bulls are stacked with ammo

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think this team is just a 5-6th seed with this roster. They get an A for effort though for putting this team together. It is what it is there were no big time stars available, no big time star demanded to be traded to the bulls, and still no indication a big star wants to even come here anyways. So this is prob the best they could come up with instead of sitting on picks hoping they draft the next super star

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Derozan and coby white and our 2027 and 2029 and 2031 firsts for Damian Lillard lol

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think this team is just a 5-6th seed with this roster. They get an A for effort though for putting this team together. It is what it is there were no big time stars available, no big time star demanded to be traded to the bulls, and still no indication a big star wants to even come here anyways. So this is prob the best they could come up with instead of sitting on picks hoping they draft the next super star
Drafting is the best way to acquire a superstar. The vast majority of superstars are drafted in the Top 5, with #1 having the most, #2 and #3 are the next most. Generally, if you draft a superstar, unless you truly run your team into the ground Sixers style, this superstar is going to massively improve your team to knock you out of draft position to acquire a second superstar.

A forced trade is the second best way. By that I mean a star wanting to come here. Of course, none do at the moment.

Free agency is the next best method, which of course has the same problem as the forced trade. The Bulls have also been quite unlucky overall in this field

All of these require a incredible amount of luck really. Maybe the Bulls get lucky some day.