Current Bulls roster and depth

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Btw, something that’s not talked about enough..if the bulls struggle next season, they have a bunch of tradeable assets. They have a lot of really good players teams would want on good contracts. If a disgruntled superstar becomes available, the bulls are stacked with ammo
This.

They are using their maximum effort to acquire assets that can be traded forward.

I like the small ball excitement. They will have some interesting line-ups, be fun to watch, and have decent depth to sell or turn into a star if they get close enough to attract a bigger fish than Lavine or DeRozen.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Guess we’ll find out
Yeah I guess we'll see. I've never thought of Derozan to be like a terrible awful defender, just like meh at best. But I also haven't watched a ton of Derozan over the years so what do I know

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

TL1961

Liked Posts:
haha my bad. I forget I have it, it comes with my Verizon plan I think.

gives the bulls a D- and the Spurs a B+ grade

says derozan doesn’t fit with the rest of the bulls roster. That he needs the ball in his hands too much, and that won’t happen with Lavine and ball playing with him. And giving up Thad hurts a lot.

says the Spurs made out by getting the draft picks for a player they had no intention of keeping anyways and taking on expiring contracts
Second round draft picks are not exactly gold

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yeah I guess we'll see. I've never thought of Derozan to be like a terrible awful defender, just like meh at best. But I also haven't watched a ton of Derozan over the years so what do I know
Yeah I think he’s comfortably average. Definitely not a strength of his but whatever. At the end of the day, the Bulls will be better defensively than they were last year…and much better offensively as well. I really like the way the pieces fit and the versatility of the roster. I think the team will surprise some people

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If derozan is average defensively, then I guess Zach must be at least average to above average defensively.

can’t ignore the stats…either Zach is poor defensively and derozan is even worse, or they are both average defenders.

can’t have your cake and eat it too

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If derozan is average defensively, then I guess Zach must be at least average to above average defensively.

can’t ignore the stats…either Zach is poor defensively and derozan is even worse, or they are both average defenders.

can’t have your cake and eat it too
I mean I would say Zach is also meh, so I guess it depends on your definition of "bad"

Like, they're both not good defenders, but I would feel fine calling them average

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I mean I would say Zach is also meh, so I guess it depends on your definition of "bad"

Like, they're both not good defenders, but I would feel fine calling them average

just seems to be most on here are calling Zach an awful defender and then saying derozan is an average defender…despite the numbers saying Zach is the better defender of the two

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Come home to the team that never should have traded you

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
just seems to be most on here are calling Zach an awful defender and then saying derozan is an average defender…despite the numbers saying Zach is the better defender of the two
What numbers are those btw? The DWS that separates them by .2?

They’re both average-ish defenders, IMO. I think DeRozan is slightly better but it’s marginal and splitting hairs, really

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
What numbers are those btw? The DWS that separates them by .2?

They’re both average-ish defenders, IMO. I think DeRozan is slightly better but it’s marginal and splitting hairs, really

if that’s your take that’s fair. If you have ever claimed Zach to be a bad defender in the last year, then you’d have to claim the same with derozan is my point

and yes, DWS Lavine has the slight edge. And Lavine has more steals/blocks combined per game. Also in points per 100 possessions allowed…basically every defensive metric there is has Zach as being slightly better defensively than derozan

so that’s why I said anyone that claims Zach to be a bad defender but derozan to be average, hasn’t really seen derozan play outside of highlight reels. You chose to respond as if I was referring to you

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

Come home to the team that never should have traded you
I'd be surprised if LMA gets any offers. Bosh was out longer but he never got any offers.

Edit: Maybe i'll be wrong on this. Looking it up it doesn't appear his condition is as serious as Bosh's blood clots.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Omari Spellman is on the Summer League roster. He's an interesting name for frontcourt depth.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Saw somewhere that the bulls win total opened in Vegas at 39.5. Need to get in on some over bets if that’s the case

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it?

We can't defend.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Bulls mavs reportedly working on markannen for maxi Klebber deal. I assume bulls would get a couple 2nds or maybe the 2025 1st