Current Bulls roster and depth

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can understand why Markenen quit on us.

I wish Donovan was able to run more offense for him and light a fire, but the kid never got out of his Garpax Hoyer ball funk.

I doubt we get a first, but maybe we get lucky again in the second round with a pedigree player like Ayo.

You can tell he is a 4/5 star recruit from the Big Ten. He looks big out there.

20ppg in the big ten is 30 many other places.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I can understand why Markenen quit on us.

I wish Donovan was able to run more offense for him and light a fire, but the kid never got out of his Garpax Hoyer ball funk.

I doubt we get a first, but maybe we get lucky again in the second round with a pedigree player like Ayo.

You can tell he is a 4/5 star recruit from the Big Ten. He looks big out there.

20ppg in the big ten is 30 many other places.
His best ball was under hoyberg.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I got one of the Bulls draft picks I'm giddy right now.

It might sound good on paper...but small ball with Derozan/Ball/Williams(at just 19yo?)

No...not quite the Death Star. More like Brick Layers. I'm gonna call them "The Brick Facade". This is the second iteration AK leaves us scratching our head. I don't see how you can win like this.

We can't win down low. We can't really stretch the floor and win efficiency either.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If I got one of the Bulls draft picks I'm giddy right now.

It might sound good on paper...but small ball with Derozan/Ball/Williams(at just 19yo?)

No...not quite the Death Star. More like Brick Layers. I'm gonna call them "The Brick Facade". This is the second iteration AK leaves us scratching our head. I don't see how you can win like this.

We can't win down low. We can't really stretch the floor and win efficiency either.
I really don't get where this idea that we are no able to shoot 3s is coming from. Is it literally solely because Derozan is on the team?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I really don't get where this idea that we are no able to shoot 3s is coming from. Is it literally solely because Derozan is on the team?

its probably because the bulls were a middle of the pack 3 point shooting team, and then added derozan. Not saying the bulls can’t make 3’s, just saying I imagine that’s where the notion comes from

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
its probably because the bulls were a middle of the pack 3 point shooting team, and then added derozan. Not saying the bulls can’t make 3’s, just saying I imagine that’s where the notion comes from
It just seems like a weird take to me. Yeah sure Derozan doesn't shoot 3s and all that, but one player doesn't make it so that the whole team is suddenly completely inept at shooting 3s. As we all know, Ben Simmons never shoots and Philly still makes plenty of 3s.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Isn't derozan replacing Thad in the starting lineup? Who also couldn't shoot 3s

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Isn't derozan replacing Thad in the starting lineup? Who also couldn't shoot 3s
Probably so

like I said, I’m not saying it holds merit. Just I think that’s where the notion is coming from.

personally, I imagine the bulls will be somewhere around 10th in 3 point shooting this coming season. A slight improvement from 12th this past season

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And Ball. Ball has to pull our numbers up?

These are not primarily three point shooters.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure where exactly we didn´t improve our 3pt % shooting (all last season numbers)

Sato: 35.6%
Ball: 37.8%

Thad: 26.7%

DeRozan: 25.7%

Archi: 37.3%
Ayo: 39.0% (college)
Caruso: 40.1%

Denzel: 33.1%
Temple: 33.5%

Plus: That Simonovic guy looks like he can shoot that thing as well...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ball shoots 37% with half "let him have its." There is a difference with a pure shooter stretching the floor.

Ball Derozen and Williams will leas to laying off to defend the others.