Currently Watching Thread.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't see one.

Walking Dead season 4 episode 2 at the moment.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Not every episode is going to be guns a blazing.

While I can see why you would make the assumption that I want everything guns a blazing, I think the show does a terrible job showcasing it's characters. It's the big problem I have with the show. I don't think the characters are ever fully developed. So, when it's not guns a blazing it's hard to watch. At least, in my opinion.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
While I can see why you would make the assumption that I want everything guns a blazing, I think the show does a terrible job showcasing it's characters. It's the big problem I have with the show. I don't think the characters are ever fully developed. So, when it's not guns a blazing it's hard to watch. At least, in my opinion.

I agree. I still enjoy the hell out of it, though.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You don't get standard character development out of The Walking Dead because its set in the zombie apocalypse.... if they we doing the same old shit where characters grow together every episode by harrowing experiences and heartfelt moments of truth and moments of comedic levity, it wouldn't be TWD.... If you want that check out Z Nation.... lol Z Nation is a fun show, but its goofy and capable of characters who live out life together as though the apocalypse has not happened.

TWD prefers more subtle character development that you have to dig in to see. And TWD doesn't have the cookie cutter set of characters, which again if you watch Z Nation you see..... In Z Nation you get the level headed protagonist, the brooding mysterious young male, the brooding mysterious young female, the happy young couple, the goofy grandfather, the asshole of the group, and in the first episode you get the black dude who dies first. In TWD you just have fucked up people trying to cope and survive with other fucked up people..... they don't fit together like a neat little puzzle like other shows and they don't interact with one another like they fit together.... cause they don't.... that's the whole point.

I agree at times the pace of TWD is annoyingly slow and some of the subtle character dev is a bit overdone, but it is an attempt to make a zombie drama show where the characters are people and develop like people rather than just TV show characters.

No joke if TWD aint your speed, give Z Nation a try lol cause it is a fun zombie show and does not suffer from the slow narrative of TWD. It is funny and goofy and gory and sometimes has drama. Don't expect to take it too seriously, but it is a fun show to watch.... fits right in with the Syfy show models where you get characters that all fit together the longer they are together on the show.

Dr. Manhattan

Liked Posts:
Ever notice when a new black guy shows up they have to kill off one of the old ones?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm guessing this is a "shows I'm currently following/watching" type of deal and not just a Walking Dead thing so

Currently watching Arrow, Hawaii Five-0, The Leftovers, and The Strain (though the season just ended). Thinking about watching the new Flash show as well...same makers as Arrow so could be just as good.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Started watching season one of Falling Skies on Amazon Instant Video. Pretty good show.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm guessing this is a "shows I'm currently following/watching" type of deal and not just a Walking Dead thing so

Currently watching Arrow, Hawaii Five-0, The Leftovers, and The Strain (though the season just ended). Thinking about watching the new Flash show as well...same makers as Arrow so could be just as good.

I meant to start the Flash but I forgot to set it to record. Maybe I can catch up.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have been watching season 1 of True Detective.... interesting show.

Also on a week to week right now.... Sleepy Hollow, Gotham, The Blacklist, Scorpion, Z Nation.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shoot I forgot about Gotham...couple episodes behind on that

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Gotham has been good. Also enjoying Once Upon a Time.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Grace Point has been alright. Can't wait for Grimm to come back this week. (I know, it's a cheesy show but I think its fun) I'm losing interest in Sleepy Hollow this year. Blacklist is still good. I gave up on TWD in season 2.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I'm watching the new series on Octomon called Swallow

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have been watching season 1 of True Detective.... interesting show.

Also on a week to week right now.... Sleepy Hollow, Gotham, The Blacklist, Scorpion, Z Nation.

I'm digging Scorpion right now. I can see me getting bored with it though. I think every episode is going to be of the CSI/Law and Order model. New crisis, nerds figure out nerdy solution, everything is fine again. It's based on a real dude though right?

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maury at work, the shit I hear on this show.

Other day wife cheated on her husband with 16 guys.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm digging Scorpion right now. I can see me getting bored with it though. I think every episode is going to be of the CSI/Law and Order model. New crisis, nerds figure out nerdy solution, everything is fine again. It's based on a real dude though right?

Yeah it is definitely built to be a bit cookie cutter.... but yeah supposedly based on the life of a real dude, though I am sure the show is way over the top compared to whatever he may have done in his life, not to mention the show is set in current time with him in his mid/late 20s.

Scorpion could be solid for 3 or 4 seasons if they write it well and don't get too ridiculous with the genius nerd solutions.... regular viewers might watch and just let all the tech stuff fly over their head, but viewers like myself will know when they start blatantly making up bullshit so the show is dramatic.... such as the whole high speed car thing so they could plug in a fucking ethernet cable to download some program someone royally fucked up. They already wrote that episode kind idiotically.... as if people write code and don't keep local repositories, but fine I look past that.... but to get a copy of the original program code which worked.... you have no choice but to drive a car 120mph under a plane to connect an ethernet cable? When they bend reality of tech to make it fit like that, shit gets annoying to me.

Dr. Manhattan

Liked Posts:

How was the strain? It looks interesting but I don't have cable so Idk if it's worth watching...