Cutler to Bears: Don't let Trubs take a beating..

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
He's right. You have to have Trubisky in a position to succeed when he takes the field. Like Dallas did with Dak. And I'm not even talking about putting him in a position to win games. W/L record doesn't matter this year if it's not good enough for the playoffs. But they have to play him in a position where they aren't going to ruin his confidence and have him struggle unnecessarily in a pointless season.

If the Bears are losing because they aren't as talented as the teams they are playing, that's one thing. But if they are losing because their WRs are dropping passes, the OL isn't protecting, and the run game is being stopped...then there's no reason to put Trubisky out there in a situation he can't control to make better.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Cutler giving QB advice. Lol

To be fair he's not giving advice on being a QB but rather giving advice to the team to not fuck the new QB over.

I think it's a fair statement. Don't let the rook get killed just because the season might not go well. Don't over panic and overreact.

I'm down with it. Even if cutler didn't say that, the bears should know to bring Trubs along properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Can't argue with his statement. However, when reading between the lines, Cutler eludes that this offense is not yet built to have the QB succeed.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cutler is the test case in how to fuck up a QB.

One thing that worries me is Loggains pension for abandoning the run and chucking the rock, no matter what is going on. He did it with Barkley who could not stop chucking picks.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Can't argue with his statement. However, when reading between the lines, Cutler eludes that this offense is not yet built to have the QB succeed.

He is 100% correct.

Polian said he would only play Trubisky late in the year if the OL was in good shape and not dealing with injuries and backups.

Which I agree with.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Sounds to me like this pretty good O line is lacking in cutlers eyes.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I'd file this under the "no shit" category of advice.

But as said above, yeah we dont have a lot of pieces for Trubisky to work with, and that is concerning in the event that we HAVE to play him. Just look at what happened last year, we had enough injuries going around that we were on our third QB and down several WRs, TEs and OLmen. If we are forced to play Trubisky in that sort of situation, I would be very worried about his development.

But hey, maybe the WR group comes together and proves to be a competent unit, and the rest of the offense stays healthy. That's be a great situation to put in our rookie.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
A lot of QB's have had their careers ruined by awful protection early in their developmental years. If Trubinsky is under siege, constantly getting hit and is generally spooked/rattled - it's unlikely he'll ever develop into a confident, high level QB.

We need to protect him by any means necessary. That's why I hope he sits all year. Our OT's are too shaky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Maybe if he had said something like "Don't have your QB ignore hot reads, not be able to throw to a spot, and refuse to throw on time, which will let him taking a beat for holding the ball to long." I would agree with him.

This is Cutler taking a shot at the Bears and refusing to see he was the problem, and not the team.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Mr. Biscuit should "Red Shirt" his rookie year. Don't rush the kid.....build up to NFL speed. 2017 is Glennon's year.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Mongo is bringing it.

I would also add, fail to identify a blitz or to throw the ball away when prudent.

Kromer chiming in:

"He wasn't fair, he wouldn't run my rushing plays I worked so hard on" " Cutler bullied my offense to do what he wanted *sniff" "He's mean!! and if Camden touched my lawnchairs I'd punch him too!"

giphy.gif

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The biggest thing I saw Cutler do consistently wrong is not throw in the direction of the blitz, never two hands on the ball, and fail; to look off receivers.......

I those three things really caused many of his problems.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Cutler advice shouldn't be to the team but to trubisky. It should go something like this-don't think your shit doesn't stink and that you know better then the coaches. Listen to the coaches and fix the mistakes they catch or else you will just be a rich retired asshole like me

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Maybe if he had said something like "Don't have your QB ignore hot reads, not be able to throw to a spot, and refuse to throw on time, which will let him taking a beat for holding the ball to long." I would agree with him.

This is Cutler taking a shot at the Bears and refusing to see he was the problem, and not the team.

I don't think that's what this is at all. That's your bias reading into what you think Cutler said. This is only about Trubisky. If there's 1 thing Jay has always been, it's real. Do you honestly think a guy who took his team to 1 playoff appearance in 9 years, was cut this year, and retired because nobody else wanted him refuses to see he was part of the problem? In 9 years, Cutler never blamed anyone else or took shots at the organization. He's not going to start doing that now.