Cuts are done and bears at 53. Adams and Horsted make the team.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Different positions. Edwards is a DE in 3-4 that plays DT in 4-3 nickel.

Quinn is an OLB in 3-4 that plays DE in 4-3 nickel.

Hicks, Nichols, Blackson are all basically 3-4 Ends that play DT in 4-3 Nickel.
Hicks DE-Goldman NT-Nichols DE
Blackson DE-Tonga NT-Edwards DE (after his 1 game suspension) is a solid DL with depth.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember him getting playing time in 2019. He didn't look anything like he did over this preseason.

Like I said, it takes time to develop a tight end.

Usually about 3 years. That would put him right on schedule if he's ever going to emerge and be something more than what you remember him in 2019.
I'm not saying he is the same player...I'm saying several people will have to die before he gets meaningful reps

greg23

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying he is the same player...I'm saying several people will have to die before he gets meaningful reps
He's kept this year because he looks to be a replacement for Graham...next year....and is insurance for injuries to any TE this year.

If Holtz is actually kept its because of ST..menaing he'll be active on game day....meaning Horstesd won't as keeping 5 TE active is not realistic

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Is this the first time Pace has cut a player he just recently drafted before the regular season starts? I can't remember this happening before today, and he cut two guys (Newsome, Graham) from this past draft.

I was/am intrigued by Newsome, but Graham looked pretty rough in pre-season to me. I'm still shocked both are gone.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Yeah wtf he should make it in name alone but he also looked pretty good I thought

Speed

Liked Posts:
He's slow. He's literally the opposite of Dazz. He's Sloth. Sloth Newsome. Everyone, stop talking about Dazz Newsome like he could be the next Randall Cobb. He won't be. He will be the next nothing. He does nothing that can contribute to an NFL team. Zero. Zip. Nada.

Yeah, I was a fan and really hoping he'd make it. But he doesn't have the wheels to just run past people or the route running chops to make up for the lack of speed. Cool name though. Will prolly toil around on the P. squad for a few years before being cut unless there's a dramatic growth somewhere in his game.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I was a fan and really hoping he'd make it. But he doesn't have the wheels to just run past people or the route running chops to make up for the lack of speed. Cool name though. Will prolly toil around on the P. squad for a few years before being cut unless there's a dramatic growth somewhere in his game.

The hope is he could become Jamison Crowder, who is slot receiver/punt returner that didn’t test well athletically. Robert Woods is another slot receiver in that mold.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's slow. He's literally the opposite of Dazz. He's Sloth. Sloth Newsome. Everyone, stop talking about Dazz Newsome like he could be the next Randall Cobb. He won't be. He will be the next nothing. He does nothing that can contribute to an NFL team. Zero. Zip. Nada.

He was not drafted to be fast. He was drafted because of his YAC ability which he showed against the Titans. Mooney is the only other guy that can consistently make guys miss in the open field like Dazz did at 4:34.

In the end, the injury probably helps us stash him on the PS and I would be looking for him to get some action by around midseason. He needs to refine his route running for sure but he didn't get a chance to because of the injury.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
LMAO

7 ILBs and 4 CBs in today's game. Wow.