Cuts are done and bears at 53. Adams and Horsted make the team.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
And ridiculously impressive at that. Would like to see him get a couple snaps every game.
His emergence along with us (hopefully) using Kmet more should make Graham expendable. We need to shed some of these aging, expensive, less-effective veterans for cheaper guys. I'm looking at you, Trevathan.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Gonna be disappointed if you're expecting production from adams/Horstead.

Barring injuries they both may be inactive on gameday and/or down on the target list if active.
This. I don't think theyll be active unless it's for Special Teams. That, or WR/TE get injured.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
His emergence along with us (hopefully) using Kmet more should make Graham expendable. We need to shed some of these aging, expensive, less-effective veterans for cheaper guys. I'm looking at you, Trevathan.
Agreed. Im looking at you Quinn.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Surprises for me:
  1. That they exposed Dazz Newsome
  2. I thought Marqui Christian played better than Xavier Crawford
  3. That they didn't put Teven Jenkins on IR

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
He's slow. He's literally the opposite of Dazz. He's Sloth. Sloth Newsome. Everyone, stop talking about Dazz Newsome like he could be the next Randall Cobb. He won't be. He will be the next nothing. He does nothing that can contribute to an NFL team. Zero. Zip. Nada.
I guess you did not see his catch and run at the end of the game on Saturday? He looked extremely fast

Speed

Liked Posts:
I guess you did not see his catch and run at the end of the game on Saturday? He looked extremely fast
He's fine with the ball in his hands. He's a shake & bake, YAC guy. The problem is actually beating DBs

greg23

Liked Posts:
Surprises for me:

1) he did nothing and should be properly slotted on the PS to further develop

2) horrible vs awful

3) they will tomorrow, meaning he can return later in the year

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Surprises for me:
Dazz wasn't ready to show anything in camp and nobody is claiming a 6th round pick that didn't show anything for their 53. He'll be on the PS with an arrow pointing up.

On IR, Jenkins couldn't even practice with the team this year and it tells us that they expect him to be able to which is ray of light through that black sky. I don't believe for a second that his ding was uniquely different that previous. At best it was considered different because it previously looked healed or a subsided bulge turned herniated etc. I'd wager they rationalized their take on the same spot to not look bad. That said, I actually prefer that be the case and that they held a spot means they weren't fibbing on the prognosis.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Signing the grampa left OT skewed the results
The age thing is overstated due to distribution of ages and who is advancing the #s but one guy of 53 isn't skewing things that much.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
You’re not happy? I’m shocked.
See the source image

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Can someone please explain to me where the fuck all this love for Snowden came from?

I've been in the forum all preseason and literally did not even know we had a guy named Snowden on the roster until today.

About ready to give the guy the Marcus Monk award for training camp hero.

You can't give the Marcus Monk award for training camp hero if you have been in the forum all preseason and remained unaware of him. Logic.

greg23

Liked Posts:
The more I hear you talk, the more I think you really don't pay attention.

Matt Nagy is an offensive coach who loves to use tight ends and wants to make use of playmakers on the field. He is not someone who often has kept six receivers this entire time and then made one of them inactive come game day. Same thing for tight ends.

The people who end up inactive tend to be non-skill positions.

In other words, I find it incredibly stupid for someone to think that Adams and Horsted won't get a chance.

Now they could not make the most of that chance and in the end get cut or replaced via roster churn.

But for a coach like Nagy, both of them are going to get their opportunities. Otherwise, they would not have even made the roster in the first place.

After all, there is a reason why this roster right now is very oddly composed. They are making room for these two guys. And they will have their opportunity to see action.

Juat circling back....any updates on your projections and expectations for Adams?