D. Monty's FF Draft AVP vs. value?? (poll)

David Montgomery's Draft Value - ADP vs Projected outcome

• Will be awesome this year! (Top 5 RB )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will be solid. Top 10-15 RB (RB1-2) w/ upside

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Worth his Average Draft Position - take him or leave him if he's available (RB2/FLEX at worst)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Not good value in 3rd-4th Rd. (FLEX/RB3)

• Hard Pass - not startable

• Total voters

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was high on DM, assuming he picks things up even more this year with 2 decent Ts joining the line, and hoping Nagy's eyes were opened by his late push last year.
I also expect more total offense, snaps, and opportunities & passes to RBs with the addition of Fields in time. Hell, even Dalton might help this cause > Trubs/Foles. ?‍♂️

Most articles & sources expect a drop off due to Cohen returning & better backups. But they don't expect shit from the OL, some thinking decline w/ loss of Leno - HAA!!

Is he worth a 3rd Rd pick? His ADP is mid-late 30s. I'd love to have him as a fan, but not going to let homerism hurt my outcome.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think he would be good value in the 3rd. I have a feeling tho that he’s going to rise up the draft board over the next couple months.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he would be good value in the 3rd. I have a feeling tho that he’s going to rise up the draft board over the next couple months.

Not according to all the hits when I recently searched for "David Montgomery fantasy". They were trashing his fantasy projections for reasons I said above.

What makes you think that'll change? I don't see him getting a ton of preseason action with a stable of backups to test out. Plus Nagy's bubble wrap.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not according to all the hits when I recently searched for "David Montgomery fantasy". They were trashing his fantasy projections for reasons I said above.

What makes you think that'll change? I don't see him getting a ton of preseason action with a stable of backups to test out. Plus Nagy's bubble wrap.
I haven't read up on much fantasy stuff yet this year, I am merely going off conversations I've had with people in my league. So pretty limited. To my surprise, there are quite a few people who are kinda high on him. Maybe it's because he will be a solid RB2 with some upside at a reasonable draft position? I also think that he is going to be the workhorse for the Bears RBs this year and that is valuable in fantasy. I don't seen Cohen stealing a ton of touches because Monty is just better.

Let's not forget about his last 5-6 weeks last year where he was behind only Henry (IIRC) in yards. I would be thrilled with Monty as an RB2, but I also think that there are a ton of guys mixed together in this RB2 tier. A 3rd round ADP seems reasonable to me, but no sooner.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^ Right. He's currently ~39 ADP, which is late 3rd, early 4th, but as you said, there's enough look-e-loos high enough to grab him mid 3rd. His stock will likely rise by draft time.

I also am not worried about Cohen. As shifty as he is, return from injury to full speed won't be Day 1. Hope I'm wrong for his sake, but FF-wise - he's not a threat (think Hunt to Chubb, but less so).

Nagy is the biggest threat to DM, let's be honest.