Da NFC North

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Just because Williams is calling plays that doesn’t mean Eberflus has no hand or say in what goes on.

“He has stayed away so I can put my stamp on it. He’s said, ‘Alan, you take it, you run with it, you build it, you do it, put your stamp on it.’ He’s been A-plus in every way about that.’’

—Alan Williams to sun times’ Jason Leisure

Flus has also repeated he’s the CEO, not running the defense.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You basing that on talent or coaching? Or everything across the board? I have some hope the new staff will be good so if that happened I'd be more inclined to think it's a talent issue
I think they have good coaching and it's too soon to determine our coaching, even though I like what I see so far. I think the Lions will have a very solid offense which includes a TOP 5 Oline. Good wr's and good rb's. If Goff plays like he did the 2nd half of last season, they will be good on offense. Defense is a mixed bag. I think they are a win, maybe 2 better than us.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I've not given up on the kid yet he needs at least 3 seasons under his belt before we really can have any idea what we have behind center honestly there is talent there I can see it
That being said I think we will see someone growing pains this season because of a new offense he may struggle this year
I agree, there will be growing pains. A long as we see progression with Fields and the offense as the year progresses I will be happy.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
“He has stayed away so I can put my stamp on it. He’s said, ‘Alan, you take it, you run with it, you build it, you do it, put your stamp on it.’ He’s been A-plus in every way about that.’’

—Alan Williams to sun times’ Jason Leisure

Flus has also repeated he’s the CEO, not running the defense.
I never said Flus is running the defense. I said Flus is still is going to have a say in what goes on. Just like he will have a say in the offense and special teams. Do you know what CEO’s do?

Bearey Palpatine

Liked Posts:
means new qb next year . . .
The Jags had the number one pick the following year acting drafting Lawrence and drafted an edge rusher. I don't see The Bears with the number one pick and if they do land a top three chances are they will draft a tackle or ER. There could be a plethora of reasons the Chicago struggles this year and QB play won't be the sole or even biggest reasons for them.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
So, you are saying the Bears would have won something with Cousins and their inferior rosters, and worse coaching staffs than the Vikings have had for Cousins time in Minny?

The Bears would have still failed with Cousins. Just like the Vikes have.

Cousins cap hit is 3 million more than Aaron Rodgers' is this year. It's been that way for the duration of his time in Minny.

The Bears are better off with Fields. Ask a Vikings fan if they would trade Cousins for Fields right now. Their answer would be: "Hell Yes!"
Damn..........I actually agree with this.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I’ve said they could from the beginning. I don’t see any way they finish worse than last year. Being without Nagy, an easier schedule, and having lost almost nothing in impact players from last season.
The problem I have with this line of thinking is on paper every team in the North has an easier schedule than last year and every team but the Bears had first round picks to work with for this season.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
“A worse OL”? You must be a Mustipher fan! ? And how exactly are our WRs worse than last year? Because we got rid of Robinson mailing it in every game? Please…

The only thing true in your comment is we don’t have that 3 tech. And if our staff can’t scheme around that, then we have another coaching issue. But to simply assume they can’t is stupid. But that’s ccs…
Your O-line is complete Dog poo. Rated worse in the NFL
Your WR core is listed as the second worst.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don’t think anyone is “celebrating” Lucas over Mustipher but we all know it’s an improvement.

The “rejects” that Poles signed at Wr this year are better than the useless rejects that Pace signed last year. Pringle was pretty damn solid last year for the amount he was used throughout the season. He was much better than ARob. As far as VJJ, yes he is a question mark, but so is any rookie Wr.

No Poels didn’t go out and sign the big names at Wr this offseason but he was smart to hold off on that. But he did bring in guys with big play making abilities. Guys who will actually fit the new offensive scheme and give 100%.
Who will have more yards this year, ARob or Pringle?

end discussion.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields did have ball protection issues but it was also his rookie year. That doesn’t mean that trend continues moving forward. On paper I’d say the OL is pretty much on par with last years group. As far as Wrs, I’d take the group this year over last years.

The defense is transitioning to a scheme which the HC had top 10 defenses with the Colts. How is that a bad thing?

We all know this team is far from being complete, but maybe the personal and scheme changes is a good first step. Poles was given a shitty roster and not much to work with. Did you honestly expect him to pull a Pace and go all out year 1?
Laughing my ass off at this. On paper, you lost your best two O-lineman from last year.
On paper you replaced the 38th worse Center with the 32nd worst. And newsflash, that 38th worst center is still in the mix to start at Guard.
On paper, you have the worst O-line in the league, and it is not even close.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The problem I have with this line of thinking is on paper every team in the North has an easier schedule than last year and every team but the Bears had first round picks to work with for this season.
True on all having the same schedule. Not too worried about 1st rd picks though. Some work out, some don’t. Some, as in Detroit, come pre injured.

The point still stands though: how are we actually worse than last year? We got rid of name players that produced very little for us last season. Their 2021 production can all be easily replaced.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
True on all having the same schedule. Not too worried about 1st rd picks though. Some work out, some don’t. Some, as in Detroit, come pre injured.

The point still stands though: how are we actually worse than last year? We got rid of name players that produced very little for us last season. Their 2021 production can all be easily replaced.
You are replacing Daniels and Peters with what?

Magic Fairy dust?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
You are replacing Daniels and Peters with what?

Magic Fairy dust?
This is the great thing. Visionless loves to talk about replacing mustipher will boost the line. Even though right now mustipher is starting at rg replacing someone that was clearly better than him. You are far superior lions/bears fan to that twat

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
This is the great thing. Visionless loves to talk about replacing mustipher will boost the line. Even though right now mustipher is starting at rg replacing someone that was clearly better than him. You are far superior lions/bears fan to that twat
You dislike so many posters. You're so fucking weird. Like some pent up virgin who hasn't been touched by a man yet. You'll get there.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
I never said Flus is running the defense. I said Flus is still is going to have a say in what goes on. Just like he will have a say in the offense and special teams. Do you know what CEO’s do?

I’m aware of what the ceo does.

I would like you to enlighten me as to what “he will have a say in what goes on” means. Is it like when an accomplished DC turned CEO HC Leslie Frazier “had a say in what went on” when Williams ran Minny’s defense to dead last in the league the last time he was a coordinator calling plays?

Williams has full autonomy until the ceo takes it away from him. Flus won’t touch the defense or “have a say” unless the unit flops and he has to take over like Lovie with Babich.

Unless you plan on explaining how Williams learned something new in 9 years and won’t take a team with some aging talent and some young pieces and run it into the ground with this unit the way he did with Jared Allen, Williams bros, Erin Henderson, Everson Griffin, chad greenway and Harrison Smith?

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
We're not top two in the division and we could be one of the worse teams in the league this season.

Fields is called a bust by game 9 ... Could be.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Being a Lions/Packers/whatever fan does not make pointing out the obvious any different. For all the flack AROB gets, he still drew #1 WR coverage, and least in the first half of the year.

And in the second half, Mooney was far from anything special.

Mon 11/8@pit.pngPITL
29-27
364113.712011515.015100--
Sun 10/31vssf.pngSFL
33-22
Sun 10/24@tb.pngTBL
38-3
Sun 10/17vsgb.pngGBL
24-14
58459.0115000.00000--
Sun 10/10@lv.pngLVW
20-9
353511.7015000.00000--
Sun 10/3vsdet.pngDETW
24-14
Sun 9/26@cle.pngCLEL
26-6
1499.009000.00000--
Sun 9/19vscin.pngCINW
20-17
686611.0021000.00000--
Sun 9/12@lar.pngLARL
34-14
57265.209000.00000--

One 100 yard game against the worst secondary in the league, after that, nothing that stands out as #1 WR material. Even with that one 125 yard game, he still only averaged 50 yards a game over the last 9 games.

Throw out the Lions game, and he averaged 40 yards a game over 8 games. And now he will be facing #1 WR coverage.

But hey, you added a WR that amassed less than 600 yards in one of the NFL's most prolific offense's so I am sure that will change things. Because Andy Reid and Co. don't know how to use a WR.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never said Pringle will have more yards dumbass.
Hey dumb ass.......this is what you said:

The “rejects” that Poles signed at Wr this year are better than the useless rejects that Pace signed last year. Pringle was pretty damn solid last year for the amount he was used throughout the season. He was much better than ARob.

Define "much better".

How well was ARob used last year, I keep hearing that Nagy was an idiot, I guess that argument goes away when it doesn't help your point?

So lets see who (ARob or Pringle) has a better year this year.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I’m aware of what the ceo does.

I would like you to enlighten me as to what “he will have a say in what goes on” means. Is it like when an accomplished DC turned CEO HC Leslie Frazier “had a say in what went on” when Williams ran Minny’s defense to dead last in the league the last time he was a coordinator calling plays?

Williams has full autonomy until the ceo takes it away from him. Flus won’t touch the defense or “have a say” unless the unit flops and he has to take over like Lovie with Babich.

Unless you plan on explaining how Williams learned something new in 9 years and won’t take a team with some aging talent and some young pieces and run it into the ground with this unit the way he did with Jared Allen, Williams bros, Erin Henderson, Everson Griffin, chad greenway and Harrison Smith?
What does Frazier and the Vikings have anything to do with Flus and the Bears?

Flus has stated that he won’t only focus on the defense, but he will be the CEO and focus on all aspects of the team. So that means he will give his input on the defense, offense, special teams, etc.

Quit acting like Williams is doing this alone without Flus’s input.