DaBearsBlog credibility

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I know that the board consensus on DBB/Jeff Hughes is that he talks out of his ass, doesn't and never did have a league source, and his opinion is less than worthless. He's somewhere right around Jason LaCanfora level of awfulness.

This isn't about defending, I have no basis to do so.

But somewhere along the way, I lost track. Here's what I remember(potentially mis-remember).

1) Around 4 or so years ago, he had 1-2 days where he broke 2-3 FA signings before anyone else on Twitter.
2) He claimed the A-Rob extension was done when it obviously wasn't.

Then most everything else I specifically remember is just him fighting about whether he has a source and him fighting with Greg Gabriel.

I get not liking someone if they're a jerk, but there have to be more misses to be not-credible to this level on this board.

So my question is, what did I miss? Has someone been keeping track of more things he gets wrong?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So I know that the board consensus on DBB/Jeff Hughes is that he talks out of his ass, doesn't and never did have a league source, and his opinion is less than worthless. He's somewhere right around Jason LaCanfora level of awfulness.

But somewhere along the way, I lost track. Here's what I remember(potentially mis-remember).

1) Around 4 or so years ago, he had 1-2 days where he broke 2-3 FA signings before anyone else on Twitter.

Then most everything else I specifically remember is just him fighting about whether he has a source and him fighting with Greg Gabriel.

I get not liking someone if they're a jerk, but there have to be more misses to be not-credible to this level on this board.

So my question is, what did I miss? Has someone been keeping track of more things he gets wrong?
I heard a rumor that @Mighty Joe Young is using ccs to be a resume to get a job as a mod for dbb.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

No that's about right. He's gotten some right and gotten some wrong. But the board likes to pretend he just misses on everything because that's what they do. They like to crap on everything.

They also crapped on Aaron lemming when he had a legit source that said Pace would be the next gm.

Not a defense of him, but I really believe the board is just too dumb overall to understand how rumors work and how fluid they are.

Some people get it but a lot don't, and just use the opportunity to troll

dennehy

Liked Posts:
No that's about right. He's gotten some right and gotten some wrong. But the board likes to pretend he just misses on everything because that's what they do. They like to crap on everything.

They also crapped on Aaron lemming when he had a legit source that said Pace would be the next gm.

Not a defense of him, but I really believe the board is just too dumb overall to understand how rumors work and how fluid they are.

The board doesn't have an opinion though. It's made up of several hundred posters.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The board doesn't have an opinion though. It's made up of several hundred posters.
Darth backtits just wants to break a scoop once in his life, hence his ‘post any rumor here’ thread, since one of them will turn out to be right about one of them. By the way, I am a troll of the empire and a jedi

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
He seems to be just like Lemming. Had a source and got something right and then the source dried up. He turned it into a blog/job, so what else can you do but carry on as if you're in the know. He's definitely nowhere near as plugged in as he claims.

I highly doubt he knows anything right now, accept that people will believe anything.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You’re not suppose to be getting some right and some wrong if you’re a legit source reporting news. It either is or isn’t. It’s not guess work just to be the first to report something. Its trash news and not a legit. Stop being so thirsty for any type of news

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
highly doubt he knows anything right now, accept that people will believe anything.
So the receipts should be pretty easy to come by, right? That's what I'm asking for.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It does sound like he’s friends with Jahns. And a few of the beats follow him. He’s connected more than someone like me. But he also talks out of his ass enough I would never consider him a full blown insider either.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

But you're so fat? I don't understand how you can be above it all?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It does sound like he’s friends with Jahns. And a few of the beats follow him. He’s connected more than someone like me. But he also talks out of his ass enough I would never consider him a full blown insider either.

See and this is the take I considered to be the most valid of him.

He's connected enough to take seriously, but not accurate enough to take religiously.

Reactions: 1ke

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I remember he had Helfrich as Nagy’s first OC days before anyone else. Which was impossible to predict. So he definitely had a source at some point. I believe that’s where gained his notoriety.

Since then ?‍♂️ .

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
I remember he had Helfrich as Nagy’s first OC days before anyone else. Which was impossible to predict. So he definitely had a source at some point. I believe that’s where gained his notoriety.

Since then ?‍♂️ .
I think he got smoked out with the ARob story. That's why the real insiders have multiple sources and verify and guys like him and Lemming dry up.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
And he's claiming the McCaskeys have real football people from outside the organization making decisions for them about Pace and Nagy?