Daily Herald: Bulls prefer Bosh over Amare

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=282800
Word is, though, the Bulls would feel much better about acquiring Bosh than they would Amare Stoudemire, another defensively-challenged forward that might be on the market. The biggest reason is Bosh's personality. He sort of fits the mold of a Georgia Tech engineering student, serious and studious. The belief is Bosh would make a good teammate, while general managers aren't quite sold on Stoudemire in that regard.

So if Bosh becomes trade bait this summer, the Bulls are sure to get involved. This is one reason why the Bulls should step up and re-sign Ben Gordon, so they'll have spare parts to put in any potential deal. Tyrus Thomas and a player of Toronto's choosing, not Rose or Joakim Noah, figures to be the offer, though the possibilities are endless.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
I think alot of people underrate Amares defense. Hes just lazy but he can play D, he just needs to be motivated. When you play your whole career for a guy like Mike D'antoni who instills offense offense offense can you blame Amare for being lazy on D? As for Bosh I am not high on him at all, he has become just a jump shooter, you never see him in the post.

Ozzie Ball

Liked Posts:
DerrickRose1 wrote:
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=282800
Word is, though, the Bulls would feel much better about acquiring Bosh than they would Amare Stoudemire, another defensively-challenged forward that might be on the market. The biggest reason is Bosh's personality. He sort of fits the mold of a Georgia Tech engineering student, serious and studious. The belief is Bosh would make a good teammate, while general managers aren't quite sold on Stoudemire in that regard.

So if Bosh becomes trade bait this summer, the Bulls are sure to get involved. This is one reason why the Bulls should step up and re-sign Ben Gordon, so they'll have spare parts to put in any potential deal. Tyrus Thomas and a player of Toronto's choosing, not Rose or Joakim Noah, figures to be the offer, though the possibilities are endless.
I'd agree with that although it's Amare's injury risk that scares me more than his personality problems.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
I am not worried about Amares injury history. He is the first to come back 100% from micro fracture knee surgery and his eye situation was pure bad luck but it wont happen again because he will be wearing goggles for the rest of his career.

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
I'd rather have Chris Bosh but if we end up with Amare I'd be thrilled as well.

So I guess the Warriors and Bulls could be after Bosh this offseason. I think that favors us because would Bosh really consider signing an extension with the Warriors over us? Not only do the Bulls have a brighter future than the Warriors but he could bring in more endorsement dollars in Chicago over San Francisco.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Bulls spent to much time pursuing Amare for them all of a sudden to be favoring Bosh.

Dont like Bosh but if we do get him I wont cry :)

Ozzie Ball

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Bulls spent to much time pursuing Amare for them all of a sudden to be favoring Bosh.

Dont like Bosh but if we do get him I wont cry :)
I don't agree with that, Amare was made available so the Bulls went after him, which was the right move to make because you just don't know if you're going to get another opportunity to land a star player like him. I don't think it was a case of the Bulls preferring either of the two, it just happened that Suns were entertaining offers for Amare.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
well rumor was that Bulls made a run at Bosh as well in a 3 way deal with Phx.

Hawkfanwillie07

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
I think alot of people underrate Amares defense. Hes just lazy but he can play D, he just needs to be motivated. When you play your whole career for a guy like Mike D'antoni who instills offense offense offense can you blame Amare for being lazy on D? As for Bosh I am not high on him at all, he has become just a jump shooter, you never see him in the post.

These guys shouldnt NEED to be motivated. I dont want a guy on the Bulls with a $100 million contract on the books and our biggest concern is making sure he is motivated to do his job. We already went through that kind of crap with Ben Wallace. Give me Chris Bosh.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
I am not worried about Amares injury history. He is the first to come back 100% from micro fracture knee surgery and his eye situation was pure bad luck but it wont happen again because he will be wearing goggles for the rest of his career.

Microfracture surgery isn't something you come back from like a sprained ankle though. It's almost a certainty he will need it again before his career is over (and it will probably end his high level playing days when he has to have it again). It's only a matter of time before his knee wears out again.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
I think the question is do we really have legit chance or are we living in lala land thinking we can get Bosh with type of assets we have

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
If he demands out, I think we have a legit chance. We had a legit chance at Amare, but it didn't work out.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Which I think he will. He sort of has veto power because he probably wants to go to playoff team in a good market. I just think the Heat can offer better package

whonka

Liked Posts:
I made this post on a similar topic on realgm as to why I prefer would prefer Bosh or even be happy keeping Tyrus, but I would not want Amar'e. I thought I'd post my thoughts here as well.

Unlike many others, it's not ONE thing about Amar'e that concerns me. It's the whole package deal.

- Amar'e had microfracture surgery. This greatly increases his chance of having problems with his knee in the future and greatly hastens his decline
- Amar'e's prime will not coincide with Rose's prime. My reasoning is that because of the previous post about his knee, I believe his prime will arrive much sooner than the normal player, and his decline will be drastic. So when Rose begins to hit his prime at 24-25, Amare might already be on the bench
- The guy is a certified prima-donna. He actually said that he wants the Lebron role in the future, meaning he sees himself as the perennial number 1 option of a team, something I don't want to see with Rose as our PG. This in addition to multiple other incidents that come out of the Phoenix locker room and the Phoenix boards
- The guy plays horrible defense. Much worse than both Tyrus and Bosh
- The guy will demand a max contract and be horribly expensive. With Bosh, this isn't so bad. However, with Amar'e, there are so many risks that come with this (mentioned above) that I just don't think it's worth it. If any of the above become a problem, we will have a team cancer sitting on our bench with no financial room to make any moves, putting us in another Ben Wallace-like situation.

These are the reasons that I want nothing to do with Amar'e. I prefer both Tyrus and Bosh over him, with Bosh to a greater extent. In past threads, people liked to take 1 thing I say and run with it, however, I want to make it clear here that it is the entire package with all the risks involved that make me turn away from Amar'e. If there's anything that happens that alleviates my fears on at least a couple of these, then my mind might change.

Medianotzu

Liked Posts:
I think these are all good points on why Amare is a greater risk than Bosh. However, I think the upside with Amare is there over CB4's upside. He's a legit MVP-type player at his best. At his worst, however, he could be a team-killing cancer. I'd take the more conservative approach and take Bosh if possible. Of course, you have to gamble on either one if you can get them.

dunkside.com

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:

can and will are two different things. you can jump off a building, but will you ? (i'm pretty sure that's how amare sees playing defense, by the way :p)
are you implying that d'antoni somehow is the reason why amare kept failing to rotate over on D ? cause i am pretty sure no coach would tell his PF/C to just stand and watch instead of playing help/team defense.
and how come d'antoni didn't have the same effect on marion ?

reignman

Liked Posts:
I'd rather have Bosh than Amare as well, for various reasons. Bulls would be lucky to get either one, and would have to re-structure salaries around the core then to be able to assemble competitive teams for the years to come. Will be an interesting offseason for sure!

senrad

Liked Posts:
I don't know about Amare having more upside because with his injuries I think you have to lower expectations for him. The only thing is my man-crush on Tyrus has gotten really bad. Would a Tyrus/Bosh font court work? Maybe B. Miller starts with Bosh but only plays about 25 mins while Tyrus/Bosh take up the rest of the front court minutes (SF excluded).

Something like Deng + Noah + 2 1st round picks (pick from Memphis and our 1st next year)

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I agree with your concerns with Amare, but I just don't see how you can pass on the talent. How often do you get a chance to land a superstar? Amare was getting MVP votes and was a serious MVP candidate 2 years ago.

His downside scares the hell out of me, but you can't live in fear when acquiring guys like that if the next best thing is hoping Tyrus Thomas makes a quantum leap forward IMO. After 2010, it will be tremendously difficult to get a premier big man again.