Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
We all know Pace has fucked the Bears for next season, but I'm not sure how many understand how fucked he has the Bears long term. Pace's use of the salary cap is like a 25 year old that has 3x his net worth owed on credit cards and just keeps transfering the balance to new ones with higher interest to avoid paying them off.

Here is a little peek at the Bears future,but first I have to have a little laugh at those posters that suggested that Dalton may just be a placeholder with little guaranteed money and could be cut in the preseason cheaply.

Here is a look see at his cap fuckery: $5.5M this season, $5M next when he is no longer on the team. Splendid move Senor Pace.
1616157676306.png

Now the 2022 disaster:The top 10 Bears contracts ( Fullers will not be there after this yrs $9M dead money cap hit this season)will be to players with an average age of 31yo. Actually Leno and Dalton won't even be on the team, just big cap charges due to Pace's masterful kick the can usage of voidable years.

But the remainder of those contract, to 6 older breaking down players, a current coach potato NT, and a keebler elf account for $108M.

Mack
Quinn
Goldman
Foles
Whitehair
Jackson
Travathan
Cohen

That my friends is the Bears cap core players, over half your cap to a great but questionably aging OLB and a bunch of slightly better than JAGs, some not even that.

All but Foles and Cohen costing over $5M to cut in 2022, remove Goldman and they all cost $9M+ to cut.

This team is cap fucked with backloaded guarantees and voidable signing bonus cap anchors for the foreseeable future. Pace will be fucking this team with bad picks, depleted draft stock, and cap mismanagement well past his last day as Bears GM.

1616158085505.png

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Can’t argue with that. Pace went all in on the Trubisky taking them to the promise land gamble. He rolled snake eyes.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It's a complete shit show, there is no doubt about that.

To be fair, I bet a few GMs have been forced into similar arrangements. The cap would have been probably close to $30mil higher next year without the pandemic.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It's a complete shit show, there is no doubt about that.

To be fair, I bet a few GMs have been forced into similar arrangements. The cap would have been probably close to $30mil higher next year without the pandemic.
My post is about 2022 not next season, Pace has looked for into the future when fucking the Bears cap.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Everyone wanted a rebuild, then bitch when shit changes.. Staying the same, stagnant, is the worst thing a mediocre team should do.

With that said, fuck Pace!

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve said it before and most disagreed. Quinn may be the worst FA signing in Bears history.

Factor in the guaranteed money with productivity (which are the two most important factors), and there’s no worse signing I can think of.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mack will probably be cut post June 1 22 unless he restructures/is productive etc. btw

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Mack will probably be cut post June 1 22 unless he restructures/is productive etc. btw
That still would mean a $27M dead money cap hit, just spread over 2 yrs not one.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
What is the cap going to be in 2022 figuring a 17 game season and a gargantuan TV deal?

Anyone know the number?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
My post is about 2022 not next season, Pace has looked for into the future when fucking the Bears cap.
So is mine. I think you'll find other GMs had to push a bunch money forward as well.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
That still would mean a $27M dead money cap hit, just spread over 2 yrs not one.
Trey Burton's money is still on the books. I don't understand how anyone can argue for pin head pace.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll get shit for this but the Dalton contract is not a problem and he'll make a better backup temp starter than what we had/have. It's replacement level backup money. The issue is what came before with deals like Foles, Quinn, Trevathan, trading picks and taking Mitch etc. I get that you have a bug up your butt about Dalton but he's neither the problem nor a solution. Strictly a symptom some are confusing as the disease. That said, Pace is a chronic condition.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We can thank Pagano for the Danny T disaster. Pagano is a worse coach than Tucker. Tucker never had any talent to work with.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So is mine. I think you'll find other GMs had to push a bunch money forward as well.
He restructured Mack, Whitehair and Jackson, all were over $7M in dead cap to cut in 2022 before their restructures and their massive overvalued cap hits in 2022 were barely effected, as those restructures are spread over years. Point still stands that Pace has screwed the Bears for years to come with bloated contracts to mediocre, underperforming players, or ghost void years long before there was a pandemic.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
@iueyedoc You STILL seem upset?
I think you are confused. Your euphoria over the Dalton signing:
Forget about the Luckman era. Obviously that's different. Andy Dalton is the BEST QB to ever don a Bears uni.

More 3,000+ seasons than Cutler.
More 4,000+ seasons than Cutler.
Higher passer rating. Higher passing percentage.
Will pass Cutler in career yards this season.

#36 ALL TIME in passing yards for the entire fucking league. More yards than Aikman, Young and Warner.

3 TIMES the career yards of "Sexy Rexy". (most over rated QB in Bears history)

You guys should be thanking your lucky stars the Bears FOR ONCE have an actual REAL NFL QUARTERBACK.

AND HE'S ONLY 33!! He could be here for 4 or 5 more years!

Thank you Pace.

which I assumed was subtle sarcasm, but your repeated defense of him seems to hint otherwise:
I just think it's funny how some of the same people who worship Rex are shitting on Dalton. Dalton is better than Rex ever was. Not that it takes much....
Their injury situation was brutal. Most Cowboys fans I know are actually pretty positive about Andy. I mean no one thinks he's a long term answer to anything but they realize he did OK with a shitty team.
You clearly didn't watch last year if you made a comment like this. The Cowboys Oline was decimated. 4 out of 5 starters gone by the 6th game of the season.
has you bleary eyed.

I am just speaking the truth.

Have you decided yet between the navy or orange for your Dalton jersey ?

Last edited: