Dalton didn’t lose this game, but…

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah.

Dalton simply executed the plays that were called. He actually played well.

Other than a lack of throwing downfield, I really liked his playcalling tonight. He has to be more aggressive downfield. All the elite teams throw deep.

I'm pretty sure now that his offenses would have been better if he wasn't stuck with a mental midget at QB in Mitch or a QB with delusions of grandeur like Foles

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
JFC Dalton did not play well. He was barely AVERAGE. He missed a lot of easy passes. He got sacked several times. He is an excellent QB if you want to get 200 yards and lose 34-7. And yes, I said SEVEN, because FIELDS scored that TD, something Dalton never could have done.

GOD. Fuck Dalton. He's below average. His whole career he's had numbers that are LESS than the average QB. He does not do anything for us. If he was surrounded by elite WRs and TEs, with an elite OL, and a top five DEF—maybe. Maybe you start him.

If you start Dalton, this is what we're going to get all year long. Red zone interceptions. No ability to scramble. Mediocre QB play from start to finish. THIS IS WHY HE WAS LET GO.

Exactly he didn't really elevate the offense beyond what it was last year when we fed Monty. He dinked and dunked very well but the offense actually needs a playmaker 27/38 for 205 and a pick is not something you tout as playing well considering the type of run support he got

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I thought Andy looked like a decent QB … for the 2019 Bears. Bears D looks done so that no longer works.

greg23

Liked Posts:
When Mitch Trubisky puts up the following numbers he's a bust and the reason why the offense sucks....but the ginger does and he played fine???

27-38
0 td
1 int
1 fumble
35 qbr
73 rating
14 points

Awesome analysis of this position

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
When Mitch Trubisky puts up the following numbers he's a bust and the reason why the offense sucks....but the ginger does and he played fine???

27-38
0 td
1 int
1 fumble
35 qbr
73 rating
14 points

Was reading through all the replies and logged in...then got to this one and was relieved someone else finally said it.

If Trubisky had this game, he gets ripped to shreds.

That said, there was no way he was winning this when the defense couldn't cover, couldn't tackle still...not enough qb pressure. Same story as last year.

At least Monty busted his ass.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
I don't really understand how it's developing Fields to treat him as a gadget player for designed run plays? This is supposedly the future of your franchise, why are we treating him like he's Tarik Cohen
Because Cohen is out and Nagy needs a toy.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

27-38
0 td
1 int
1 fumble
35 qbr
73 rating
14 points

Trubisky 1TD 4INTs 300yards in two games.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Start Fields. That is stating the obvious, but it’s Nagy we’re talking about. This team isn’t going anywhere this season, and honestly, Fields IMO gives them a better chance to win because he forces defenses to stay honest, opening up opportunities for Monty and the passing game.

Oh, and build around Fields. Trade Jackson, and some others to stockpile picks so we can get an OL (they actually played okay tonight) and a secondary that is at least halfway competent.

Exactly.

The only thing I took out of this game is that this team can not compete with the upper echelon of the nfl.

If you can't compete, why waste your time? Best case fields sparks something and we challenge for a wild card. Worst case he performs like trevor did today, which, still is fine.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dalton was pathetic.
5.4 yards per pass attempt

2 attempts of 10 yards plus in the air (1 picked)

Dalton is a coward. That is more pathetic than anything we saw with Mitch.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure why'd I give a pass to a QB that throw for 200 yards zero TDs and 1 INT....and got the benefit from a 100 yard rusher

However I'll watch the coaches film....If Dalton did a "good job" than Nagy deserves to never call a game again...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you guys think that if Fields plays that Nagy is going to have him chucking down field 8 times a game?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Dalton was pathetic.
5.4 yards per pass attempt

2 attempts of 10 yards plus in the air (1 picked)

Dalton is a coward. That is more pathetic than anything we saw with Mitch.

Come on.

I want to see fields as much as anyone but dalton had his 3rd string LT in there at one point.

Nagy, once again, did him no favors.

Monty put up 100+ yards and we lost. That should not happen.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Start Fields. That is stating the obvious, but it’s Nagy we’re talking about. This team isn’t going anywhere this season, and honestly, Fields IMO gives them a better chance to win because he forces defenses to stay honest, opening up opportunities for Monty and the passing game.

Oh, and build around Fields. Trade Jackson, and some others to stockpile picks so we can get an OL (they actually played okay tonight) and a secondary that is at least halfway competent.
The WR corp is built off speed and they don't have a QB who can be on his feet long enough to deliver a deep ball. Dalton making mistakes that the "sit Fields" crowd keepa talking about. I do not see a single positive to sitting him for another week.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Would Trubisky ever have his offense on the opponents side of the field 8 times in a game?

Dalton wasn't great, not even close, but Mitch would rarely look this competent against top tier defense.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Do you guys think that if Fields plays that Nagy is going to have him chucking down field 8 times a game?

Yes and no.

There would obviously be a few more shots, just because that is fields strength.

Can this oline give him the time is the question?

No, is the answer.

Can he make an edge rusher look like a fool while busting open a 40 yard throw on a scramble? Yes.

Dalton can't do that one. That's all I need to know.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
He lost it right from the beginning. Montgomery got them down there. Fields got them closer. Ginger bitch threw the int that gave Rams momentum. Guess some will be impressed by Dalton's 5.4 yards P/A. I'm not. That's peewee football type shit.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Would Trubisky ever have his offense on the opponents side of the field 8 times in a game?

Dalton wasn't great, not even close, but Mitch would rarely look this competent against top tier defense.

I agree. Dalton was not the issue.

Ex-VisorMan hurt this offense again for the 100th time. Dalton looked a lot more efficient than mitch/foles ever did. The issue is this offense never has rhythm.

I'm not sure fields can ever fix that either, but I think he can produce enough so we can be entertained while nagy gets fired.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I bet if Trubisky had a 100 yard rusher his stats are pretty solid

I don't doubt it, but mitch also never had a defense that was easier to open up than HHM at Berlin last night.

This is a bottom 10 defense. Mitch got the favor of playing with a good D.